Super Clingy Baby

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 04:26 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else's baby super clingy? Like doesn't want to be put down ever type of clingy. Laila was doing so well sleeping in her bassinet at night, crib during the day but for the past few days she doesn't want to be put down. Even at night as soon as she's put down her eyes pop open and she starts fussing then crying. I've been putting her in bed with DD1 and I just to get an hour or two of sleep. Even co-sleeping she's up every 1.5-2 hours. It's really starting to get to me. I'm exhausted. She's constantly hungry, too. Day and night she's always hungry. She takes 3, sometimes 4oz at a time every 2 hours. I can't catch a break at all because I can't put her down for more than a few mins at a time. I feel awful because I'm neglecting the other kids.

January 1st, 2014, 06:28 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Yes. Lily is super clingy! She wants to be held all the time. If we can get her into a deep sleep we can kinda put her down. But the only time she stays down for a few hours is during the day. At night she only likes to sleep for a couple of hours at a time and then she starts fussing again at around 4 am and doesn't want to be put back down. It's exhausting.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2014, 08:52 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup to both. I just don't fight it. The little stinker is held or right next to me all day and she eats whenever she wants - which is sometimes 3-4 times an hour lol. I don't mind though.

January 1st, 2014, 08:56 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yep, Owen too. That's why I love my wrap. It's harder at night, but during the day he's pretty much always in my arms or being worn.
Thanks to babydoll213 for the siggy! My kids' blog Cora's blog

January 1st, 2014, 09:18 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
For the most part, yes! But today, I got 2 hours out of her when I put her in the swing and she just napped away. It was great! The feedings are what kill me because I can't work, clean or play with the others and it's tough. I know they are growing so fast and this is just one short phase, but still...
Gwynne, celebrating the newest of our four precious miracles

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 2nd, 2014, 03:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All of my babies have been this way, Cody included. We co-bed and are bf'ing. That is easiest for us because the only sleep I lose is the 30 seconds a few times a night that it takes to latch him on before I fall back asleep. During the day, he spends a lot of time in my Ergo carrier (with the infant insert). Usually I can get him to sleep in his swing once a day so I can shower and get a few things done around the house or with the other boys.
He's here!
Cody Ryan
December 3, 2013 at 433 pm
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
January 2nd, 2014, 04:58 PM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Usually he isn't but today I cannot put him down or he starts freaking out I haven't been able to get anything done, and DF went back to work today & wont be back until 11pm. At night he usually only wakes up every 3-4 hours for a feed and change. I'm hoping that at least stays normal tonight

January 3rd, 2014, 12:44 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes!!! at night she is like this... we'll rock her and cuddle her..shell fall asleep in our arms and as soon as i think shes asleep enough she'll wake up as soon as she's put down.

sooo awesome. especially with nurses hovering....

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
January 4th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes.. The first 3 weeks he was perfect and I could put him down and he would sleep anywhere. The last 3 weeks however he never and I mean never wants to be put down. Honestly the last 2 days I have put him in the swing and he cries for a minute or so then falls asleep. I feel horrible but honestly I can't even go to the bathroom without him crying because he is put down so I am to the point where if I need to pee or get dressed or something I will just let him cry a minute. I don't really have a choice as I can't pee when I am bleeding holding him.

Most of the time however I wear him either in the Moby or the Tula. At night I literally sleep holding him in some fashion either in the crook of my arm or he is right on top of my chest.

January 4th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, all the above. Occasionally he'll nap in the swing for a bit, but most days he only wants to be held by me. Does make it hard to go to the bathroom or even eat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search