Trips with baby?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2014, 06:48 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
When do you plan to take your first trip with the baby? Where will you go?

We are planning a trip for Valentine's Day, about a 7 hour train ride. Any BTDT have any tips?
January 5th, 2014, 07:42 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Trip as in vacation? No plans any time soon. It wouldnt be very easy to pull off with newbie twins, a 3yr old and a 4yr old

January 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Train will definitely be easier than a car trip! I don't know where we're going this year. Nowhere any time soon, that's for sure. If we go somewhere it'll be after Erin gets out of school for the summer.

January 5th, 2014, 09:57 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We were going to take her to the outdoor hockey game in Chicago this March (would be 8 hours each way in the car) but it is going to be too cold.

Her first vacation will be to Sandbridge, VA this May. We drive and will be gone a week.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 5th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are planning our vacation right now, but Arabella will be 6 months or so . We took a trip with my ds when he was 5 weeks or so. It was 10 hrs. We just had to stop a lot to nurse and change diaper, but he did well. Plan on the trip taking a bit longer than you are used to.

I just went back and reread your post, I have not taken a train ride, so do not have any advice for that
January 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I think a train ride would be easier than a car. Both hands free. Will you have a cabin or just a seat?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 5th, 2014, 02:19 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's a vacation again?

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
January 6th, 2014, 04:55 AM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eventually we will go bring her over to grandmas house a 2 hour ferry ride.. maybe in a few months.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
January 6th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
We'll probably take a weeklong vacation to the beach in July or August, depending on where we go it's only 1 1/2-2 hours away.
January 6th, 2014, 09:33 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we will most likely go to chicago over brylies spring break. that's a 6 hour drive, we do it often though - a few times a year.

hubbs is wanting to go to kansas city which is 3 hours, so that might be one of these upcoming weekends.

hubbs also wants to go to denver this summer, but i would like to save for disneyworld instead....denver is 12 hours. i would like to do disney next october or so....denver is 12 hours..disney would be 19. we drive everywhere because i like having that control. my kids do awesome in the car because they're so used to it.

we went on a train ride (like a dinner train) when hunter was like 10 days old and he did awesome. we didnt travel though so i dont have a ton of advice

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 7th, 2014, 04:47 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
I'm glad to hear that you think a train will be easier than a car! We will just have regular seats-- getting a compartment was too expensive! DH is presenting at a conference down in the Black Forest, and I really want to see it. So Emeric and I will be on our own for a lot of the vacation while Daddy is working. We did that in Boston last year and I had a great time by myself. But the town is gorgeous and I can't wait!

I am just nervous about what will happen if the baby cries the whole time. He's not much of a crier now, we can always comfort him pretty easily, but 2 months from now who knows!
January 7th, 2014, 07:33 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
Sounds like fun! I agree with the others that a train shouldn't be too bad. We've taken Abby to visit my mom, about 3 hours away and it was great, she slept the whole ride! We're thinking about doing Disney in November...we shall see!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search