You remembering to take care of yourself?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By redbirds

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Especially you moms with older kids like me...you remembering to, you know, eat? Finding time to shower?

January 11th, 2014, 12:29 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
Doing pretty well...but my older ds is in school, so that certainly makes it a little easier!

January 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When DH is home, he's so helpful and makes sure I have time to take care of me (shower, meals, bathroom breaks). When he's at work, not so easy. Depends on whether I can get Michael to sit in the swing for a bit or take a nap. Then I try to cram in a load of laundry, fixing lunch, dishes, folding laundry, picking up around the house, and a quick bite to eat. It will get a tiny bit better when Michael isn't marathon nursing around the clock. Just trying to keep hydrated is hard right now.

January 11th, 2014, 01:39 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been a lazy.. um.... So, YEAH!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
January 11th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No lol. I shower and blow out my hair but that's about it
January 11th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Betts's Avatar First Time Mommy
Showering every other day. Eating two meals. But she never wants to be put down so practically swallowing those two meals whole.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 11th, 2014, 04:56 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I make sure that I get a shower every day. I like to shower in the morning, if I have to wait until evening I pretty much hate myself by then. I eat no problem because I can get food together while holding her.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 11th, 2014, 05:22 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take showers with DD1 if DD2 is sleeping. Sometimes that only happens every other day. I eat a quick snack in the morning and then something for dinner but usually while standing up holding Laila. Any hands free time I get is usually spent cleaning up some sort of mess or doing laundry.

January 11th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm eating three meals a day. Trying to get in a shower every other day, but I did just go 3 days. Now if I could only remember to brush my teeth more than once a day.

The weekends are great because my mom comes down so I can go run errands and I actually went to lunch with a friend today.

Now that we're on a 4 hour feeding schedule I should have a little more me time to take care of the necessities.
January 11th, 2014, 05:45 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!

I barely take showers, I am greasy and have spit up on my sweatshirts, that I'm living in now at home.

I eat standing up, hate cooking more than ever, so I'd rather not eat, or just have a protein bar for my lunch and the kids get canned soup or a sandwich or something easy and fast for their lunch.

Sleep is always #1 on my list, but my LOUD sweet little boy makes sure I don't know what that is any more.

My boobs are always hanging out of my shirt with a sweet little thing attached to one of them.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 11th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Roflmao my boobs are always out too
January 12th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL...Gwynne described things perfectly down to the LOUD little boy who won't let you sleep and boobs always hanging out with a little munchkin attached.

January 12th, 2014, 09:46 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm staying on top of things better than at the end of pregnancy lol. I get a shower or bath every day. I just need Lilah to nap for a bath. DS usually stands in the bathroom with me, throwing his bath toys in the tub lol. I haven't found time to do my eyebrows though... Cause I'm usually trying to clean if I have any time on my hands. And I'm on top of feeding myself and cooking every night. I just make myself something every time I feed DS. DH has made a few meals, too. I'm glad he likes to cook sometimes!

Last edited by CherryLimeade; January 12th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
January 14th, 2014, 07:08 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I scarf down food anytime I can..i pig out and hope ive eaten enough.. I will not give up my shower..its my only time of solitude. So I shower while the twins nap so its not too much of a burden on my husband with them and the 3 and 4 yr old. I am, however, not getting nearly the sleep i need or desire, which is not so good.... :/ Ive been living in shirts and sweatpants or yoga pants...no sense in getting all dressed up when im just going to get spit up on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search