Out and about with baby...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2014, 04:58 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Have we all been out and about with baby?

First time moms....how is it getting out with your little one?

Second time moms...has it been a lot harder to get two out or not so different from one.

Third plus moms...have you noticed a difference?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 11th, 2014, 05:11 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only taken Laila out with the others once to the store. It went ok just a little extra prep work. The older kids helped out. I'm actually afraid to take the two littlest out alone. I've taken Laila out alone 3 times to her dr. appts. It's been far too cold (single digits and below zero) for the past week and a half to take the littles out anyways.

January 11th, 2014, 05:48 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
We've been out and about for weeks now, although, believe me, I'd rather stay home! It's a PITA with all these kids to go anywhere

I actually think going from 2 to 3 was easier than it's been going from 3 to 4, so I am adjusting a bit. I think after summer, it may be easier when DS goes to preschool one more day (I may increase it this semester, max is 3 days a week and he's going 2) and DD2 starts preschool for 1 day (maybe 2 if she likes it ALOT and takes naps well). Life may be a lot easier on those days!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 11th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I took all five out to my aunts house today. Other than the van being full of noise it was nothing terrible. I wouldn't take them all food shopping lol
January 12th, 2014, 03:22 AM
JulieC7's Avatar Veteran
We've been out several times. Definitely try to do a walk at least every other day. We've been to the mall and out to eat a few times. I was nervous about BFing in public but haven't even gotten a second glance. I found a cafe in my neighborhood that has a playroom in the back and does play dates.

Baby Emeric is really good when we go out. He passes out the second you put him in the stroller or Ergo and gives me a few minutes of fussing to figure out what he needs before he cries.
January 12th, 2014, 06:13 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I haven't gone anywhere alone with the three but they have been fine for Marko and I. I am not brave enough to do a restaurant with them though. LOL

One to two was cake...to three gives go reservations about going alone or out to eat. Mostly because Flynn still needs so much attention.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 12th, 2014, 06:22 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Put Whit in my Rockin' Baby Sling and walked a block or two to the playground today. Didn't plan to stay long but was there a couple of hours. Tried unsuccessfully to nurse him there, and he cried the entire way home. All-in-all a good trip after my lazy fest!!!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
January 12th, 2014, 10:11 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're hermits. We've been to the grocery store twice and to Joann's. Thats it. It's hectic getting everyone ready to go, but I put Lilah in our mei tai for shopping and she's happy. It will be easier when she's older..

January 13th, 2014, 03:20 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took the girls out by myself this morning to Target. It went better than anticipated.

January 17th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Really good actually. I took him by myself when I went out to lunch with a friend the other day, which i was really nervous about but it wasnt bad at all lol He was awake the whole time too. Just needed to be fed in the middle of my meal but he does that at home anyways lol
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

January 19th, 2014, 02:13 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go to the store once or twice a week, so far it is ok. Its a giant PITA to do everything with Astin still hooked up to oxygen. Really hoping that comes off at his next appointment.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search