Losing the baby weight?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JulieMc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, this question can apply even if you've lost all of the baby weight already, (unless you're super mom or something and you came out of pregnancy with six pack abs! lol) so it's more of a "how are you planning on getting back in shape?" sort of question.

Have you started trying to exercise / eat healthy? Or when do you plan on starting? What are you doing?

I have no idea how much I weigh atm because we don't own a scale! But I'm trying to fix my ab split before trying to lose fat/weight! And then doing really gentle postpartum yoga. It helps me relax a bit, too. I really want to get back to regular yoga though! And I'm trying to move back towards eating mostly vegan. My goal is to be pre-pre-pregnancy weight by 6 months pp so I don't look ridiculous in a swimsuit!

January 14th, 2014, 07:01 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I am planning to start something this week. I am not sure what or how though...4 kids under 5, with two being 6 weeks old doesn't give me much "free" time. :/ I am thinking maybe a video workout thing for now since it is winter. Then in the late spring some outdoor stuff and I can push the babies in a double jogging stroller ("ill have to buy one though)....and when they are 6 months the rec center where I'm a member will watch them while I work out.
redbirds and bundle2baby like this.

January 14th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I have at least 20 to lose… I will start working out after my postpartum checkup. I may not be able to get into shape as quick this time as I love doing outdoor things to get in shape ,hiking walking,and that sort of thing, and so far its been a cold snowyish winter. I may try and do some yoga too. I am just worried about having time to do it! Right now I am happy to get wash done. Babygirl is loving the BF'ing. I am her human paci,lol.

I would also like to be in shape by the end of June because thats when our vacation is planned.
January 15th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I've lost it all but anywhere from 7-9 pounds depending on the week. In order to get it off, I have to seriously diet and exercise. Diet alone will drop about 3-5 pounds, but I need to tone back up. I dont know when I am doing this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
January 15th, 2014, 08:11 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I"m 5 pounds from this pre-pregnancy, but still 40 pounds from pre-pregnancy with DD2. I didn't lose a pound from her I'm with Julie, having 4 kid 6 and under doesn't provide a great deal of time for me to do things. I can't decide if I should try the videos again, or just go back to the gym. I have the 30 day shred, which is supposed to be GREAT, and then another DVD that's also kind of fun and challenging.

I don't know!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
We don't own a scale either! Lol. But my stomach is pretty small now, so I think I've lost most of it. I plan on doing random excericises at home like situps and stuff like that, I would like to have a nice body come summer because my parents have a pool and the only bathing suit I own is a bikini, lol!

January 15th, 2014, 10:36 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My stomach is small atm, too. But I'm incredibly embarrassed about my stupid "mother's apron" eugh. It just sounds freakier when you call it that. Lol I hate it to the ends of the earth.

January 15th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had lost 20lbs of a 50lb goal when I became pregnant, and I need to start completely over again. It makes me so sad. I'm trying to get motivated again, but it's not working so far.

January 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure I'm under pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have 100+ to lose after that. :/

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"
January 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got 6 pounds left to lose to get back to prepreg weight. I also need to fix my split ab muscles. I don't really workout. Not my thing. I live on a farm and once it warms up the farm work will tone me up and skinny me down.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search