Breastfeeding check in...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 03:49 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
How is it going?

We are still going. I introduced the bottle the other day because I go back to work tomorrow and she did ok. She also took a binkie for the first time last night, before she would just gag on it.

I have a decent stash in the freezer but wish it were more. I have fissures on both nipples but they are slowly healing.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 19th, 2014, 09:16 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I haven't pumped a thing, and baby's not yet had a bottle. I think I'm waiting until she's about 8 weeks and I *guess* I should get on the whole pumping thing. I'm totally not motivated this time!

GL at work. I can't believe it's already time to go back

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 19th, 2014, 09:57 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im trying to get MJ weaned off the bottle and back to breast after he finally got his posterior tongue tie clipped thursday. i have about 1500oz frozen. i have major over supply

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 20th, 2014, 05:39 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
1500 is awesome! I usually have a supply like that by now. Right now I have just over 200 frozen ounces.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 20th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had a bit of over supply. I have no frozen and I usually do by now. Can't seem to find a good time to pump and Arabella doesn't seem to like a bottle too well.
January 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
We had to stop due to milk allergy. I had 400oz in the freezer, we currently have him on 6oz of BM a day plus 18-22oz of soy. He really can't tolerate more than 6oz and sometimes he will nurse in the middle of the night after a feeding if he seems hungry still.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
January 20th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's going better. Not sure if Michael has a lip tie, in addition to oversupply/forceful letdown. We've had our share of issues once again. Thank goodness for my DH, who is such a huge supporter and protector of the bf relationship.

We only have a few ounces in our freezer stash so far. I'm not sure when the best time is to start a stash since I don't want to make the our issues worse. I guess I need to research this.

January 25th, 2014, 10:25 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding is good. It's been smooth from the start, I guess. Only problem I'm having is that my 18mo takes advantage of me when i'm nursing. He knows i can't chase him around, so he gets into everything while the baby is eating

January 26th, 2014, 05:58 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's going fine here. Nursing two can be a bit challenging at times. I have tons of milk so that's good. I have maybe 50oz frozen, I really only pump with my hand pump when I get too full on the days my toddler doesn't nurse as much.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 2nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing well!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search