PP check up

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TwinMamaS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 01:39 PM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
Who has gone for their 6 week postpartum check up?

I had mine yesterday. I'm down 34 lbs, only 14 to go to reach my prepregnancy weight! My tear is all healed up, although I was a little surprised to learn that I had a second degree tear. When I asked in the hospital the dr just said "oh it's not bad, you just had one continuous stitch." I wish they had told me, I'm a big girl, I can handle it. But whatever.

I was cleared for sex, although I'm still a little weary. I was also put back on the pill, progesterone only since I'm nursing/pumping. I'm still nervous about getting pregnant, but the pill should kick in within 2 weeks. If we do DTD, we'll definitely be using backup birth control for a month or so just to be on the safe side.

It was so strange going back to the OB's office after not seeing them for 6 weeks. I basically lived there for the last month of my pregnancy. It was nice to show off pictures of the babies, although the ladies were teasing me about having another set of twins. No thank you!
mommamindy likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 01:56 PM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My appointment was supposed to be today but my mom is sick so she couldn't watch the girls. I rescheduled for next Tuesday.

January 21st, 2014, 01:59 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Probably I should schedule that...lol

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Never went to mine. No tear, uncomplicated delivery, bleeding long gone, cervix closed up, no difficulties that an OBGYN can fix (my broken tailbone), BFing is going fine for the whole 1 time a day he nurses -- boobs are fine. I hate that place with all the issues I had with them I'm not letting them touch me.

ETA: Lost 28 pounds. Only 7 to go -- need to diet/exercise to get it off. Dont need BC since DH is infertile.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Last edited by Oriyan; January 22nd, 2014 at 07:05 AM.
January 21st, 2014, 10:37 PM
Beautiful Life!
I had mine today! Mostly I went because I love my Dr. They were also giving me grief over when we'll be back again. Everything looked good, except my weight, which was an issue for me not them. I've only lost 15 lbs. It makes me mad because I was all excited one day when I got on my scale and it said I had lost like 35 lbs., but it must have been a fluke because the next day it only said 15 lbs. And I had already told everybody I'd lost 35 lbs. Now I'm discouraged by it all. But I have been working out the last week and after today's appt. going well, I'm clear to pick it up a bit. So there's my woes. Glad you had a great appt.!

January 22nd, 2014, 06:47 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was the 9th. 6 lbs left to lose. Got a Mirena put in. Talked about my near daily migraines and my hernia. Supposed to go see my pcp about those.
January 22nd, 2014, 07:02 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I also love my doc, so it's "fun" to see her It was really quiet in her office, so we had a nice long chat about everything and anything. She's awesome! I'm on the mini-pill as of today, for BC, and then when she's weaned, I'm getting an IUD and hopefully, that should do us! I'm 8# from pre-preg weight, but still 75# from where I want to be.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 22nd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Super Mommy
I went at 5 week and my 3rd degree isn't fully healed yet.. OB said I need to be off work for 8 weeks.. so I go back in about 2 1/2 weeks to see if I'm fully healed.. I pray that I am b/c I'm so tired of this thing.. i wanna be back to normal already..

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
January 22nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Expecting our 1st and 2nd
I'm right there with you, Gwynne. Once I get down to prepregnancy weight, I'll still have another 70 to go to get to my goal weight. We'll get there!
January 26th, 2014, 06:33 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had mine on Friday. Everything was fine. I am down 30lbs with about 15 to go until I am at pre preggo weight, but I'd like to lose another 15-20 on top of that. Started working out again this weekend. Rough. Cleared for sex and we have done it twice--meh. I am definitely not loving it. After hanging out with my boobs out and having two kids touching and needing me all day I am burnt out by the time DH gets a chance to have his turn. :/ Hoping that improves soon. I hate not liking sex

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 2nd, 2014, 11:38 AM
hugssandi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Should have mine next week, but we haven't scheduled it yet. Can't wait to see my midwife!

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind. Kind people give the people around them a hard time. You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search