New Mommy (kind of long...sry)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Hi Ladies! My name is Jessi. I'm new to JustMommies and would like to get to know other Mommy's. I have 1 child. Her name is Maci Rae. She was born 12/12/2013. My due date was 12/6/13, but I ended up having to be induced on 12/11/13. The process wasn't as long as I was expecting but it was not at all what I expected in any way! They started cervadil at 12:30am on 12/12. They removed it 12 hours later and that is when my labor started. I went from 0-6 cm in about 2 hours. The contractions were nothing I've ever felt before! I went as natural as I could. Before I knew it they were checking saying I was 8cm. That's when it all became a blur! My baby was in the perfect position ready to come into this world or so I thought. They checked again about 2 mins later because I felt like I had to push. They came in the room and said they were having a hard time keeping the baby's heart rate on the monitor and checked again. I was at the stage to push, but they said, "something feels wrong". Imagine how this makes me feel not knowing what they were talking about. Next thing I know I have about 10 people around me. Some trying to calm me down, some hooking me up to oxygen and unhooking the monitors, the anesthesiologist (sp??) talking me through what he needed to do, and my fiance was handed the blue scrubs. This point they said I had to have an emergency c-section because the baby had flopped.

I had the c-section and found out later that what they felt was wrong was actually my daughter's chin. She decided to flop to her back and stick her chin in the birth canal. With every contraction her heart rate would drop. I ended up having her at 5:18pm not even 4 hours after the cervadil was removed. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Not sure if I needed this long intro but here it is anyway! Hope to get to know you ladies very soon!
February 10th, 2014, 06:52 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not exactly the same but I've had two labors go from pushing to a csection. It's rough and I hope you make peace with it. Congrats on your baby!
February 10th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Lily81972's Avatar Regular
Congrats and welcome. I also went from being induced to an emergency csection and it was rough(I was scared), I cried and 30 minutes later I was in recovery. Luckily recovery was a real breeze for me. I think back on it and man it's so much easier than vaginal this after having 2 vaginals and 1 csection.
February 10th, 2014, 04:02 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Welcome! I am sorry you had to go through that!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 10th, 2014, 11:57 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome to the board.
sorry that you ended up with a csection.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
February 12th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Samantha- Loving my baby♥
Congrats and welcome! sorry you had to go through that.. But at least your labor wasn't too long!

February 15th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Beautiful Life!
Welcome! What a crazy delivery, especially for a first time! Glad both of you are ok and your recovering. Can't wait to see some pictures!

February 18th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Dropping in from the Military Mommies board to say 'CONGRATS'!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search