Kale Pizza

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Galley LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Even if you don't think you would like kale, trust me you will love it. I would bet you a zillion dollars. MIL is the pickiest and she loved it and that is really telling!!

Ingredients:
Pizza dough ball
1 bundle kale
1 small onion
Garlic
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil
Chicken broth (water can work too)
Cheese (I like goat cheese and Parmesan)

Set oven to 400*
Flour the counter and roll out dough, and spray your pizza pan so it doesn't stick.. Lightly spread olive oil on top

Wash kale and rip roughly - discard stems
Slice onion into thin rings and sauté in a good amount of olive oil until almost brown, then add garlic to taste. I like a lot. Before the garlic burns, add the kale and mix to slightly crisp it. Add red pepper flakes to taste. After about 2 mins, after kale has wilted some, add a little chicken broth to braise the kale, and cover the saucepan - let it simmer for a few minutes. Remove Iid and cook off some remaining liquid.

Using slotted spoon, spread kale mixture evenly on oiled pizza dough. Add cheese to taste, and then cook for 15 mins or package directions. Enjoy!
May 22nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually love Kale...But I only used to add it in the olive garden zuppa tuscana soup that I make occasionally and whats left I bake in the oven to make a krispy kale snack (so yum!) I cant wait to try this kale pizza!! Thank you for the recipe

May 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Love baked kale, too! I need to make that soup too, I think.

But seriously, this pizza is crazy. If you like kale and pizza you'll love it. I have emailed this recipe twice this week already and have two bunches of kale in the fridge to make it again. I will probably use one bunch for the pizza and the second bunch to make pesto with.. THAT'S good too. Pizza, pasta, whatever you want to use it for it's delish
June 26th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yum, we've got a bunch of kale in the garden that's ready to go, so will try this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search