We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I've given this recipe to at least a dozen people in the last month so thought I'd share with you all. This is so simple and healthy I don't think it could possibly be easier, and it only has three ingredients! No eggs, no cream!
1. Open 1 can of evaporated milk
2. Pour the can's contents into a large mixing bowl (I used my kitchenaid mixer bowl) and place in freezer until edges start to freeze (about 45 mins to an hour)
3. Take bowl out and mix on med-high speed for about 5-7 minutes or until the milk triples in size (could use stand mixer or electric hand mixer)
4. add 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix for about 30 more seconds
5. Place the mixture in a container or containers with a lid or cover (or just cover the bowl with plastic wrap if you don't have a container with lid, but we just used empty washed out large yogurt containers so you don't have to have anything special)
6. Place back in the freezer for 4 hours or more (mix one or twice if you like, but it doesn't seem necessary)
Then enjoy! It's so easy and you don't need any special equipment. My DH and I are going to play around with adding flavours like mint chocolate chip or toasted coconut. mmmmm