My sweet Conrad's birth story :)

Veggie Tales

The tales of our babies entrance into the world.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By cheerfulsunrise
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By mommy220

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Veggie Tales LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
My first son was born 5 days early, and so was Conrad. I was very surprised because I didn't have labor symptoms like I did the first time. On June 4th, I started having spotting. Nothing major--pretty much like the last day of your period. I hadn't lost my plug or gotten poo runs. I was even talking to Steph625 on the phone that evening around 5pm when she told me she was gonna be induced in a few days and I was sure she'd deliver before me. Well, a little over 2 hours later I started to feel crampy. I'd feel it about once every 30 or 40 minutes, so I didn't think much of it. At around 9ish, I told my husband I was having ab pain, but to not freak out. I figured I'd be able to sleep that night, maybe start labor the next day and have a baby that next evening. The cramping (which I soon realized were contractions) started to become more frequent very quickly. I figured I should probably pack my hospital bag! Hi, procrastination. We got in bed (still in denial) around 11:30 and by then the contractions were 10 minutes apart. (Oh yeah, and the runs started by this time too...lovely). I told hubby we weren't gonna make it until morning, and he said "oh, really?" and then he started to freak out a bit.

My doc said to call when the contractions were 10 min apart consistently for an hour. Well, they were only 10 minutes apart for about 20 minutes, and then they went right to 6minutes, sometimes only 2 minutes. So I called the doc around 1:30am and we headed to the hospital shortly after 2:00. When we got there, my contractions were painful but manageable. I was still in denial that I was very far along. After I got in bed and they checked me it was 3:00am and the nurse told me I was 7cm and the bag was bulging! I said "WHAAAAT?!" Seriously, couldn't believe it. Good thing we met my brother-in-law at the hospital to take our son home instead of us dropping him off at his house like I wanted. Did I mention I was in denial? Haha! I was still having the runs and had to use the bathroom in the room and was SO NERVOUS that I'd poo all over the nurses and doctors when I had to push. I was thinking "there hasn't been enough time for me to be cleared out yet!!" Sorry, gross. About 3:30, my contractions were insanely painful and I was near tears waiting for the epidural lady (I'm not gonna even try to spell anesthiaeiongaoentadnaoteihaogist, ha). The contractions seemed MUCH more painful than I remember them being from my first pregnancy. Hubby told me I seemed in much more pain this time too. Got my epidural at 4:00, which only took on my left side....just like last time. Ugh! They broke my water, and I could tell very quickly that there was a head wanting out of my hooha. I told them to check me and sure enough, I was 10cm and ready to push at 4:30. Holy OWWW...pushing hurts. I told the nurse whoever said pushing felt good is a liar. I was holding back a bit at first because, well, like I said I didn't want to poo everywhere. But thankfully, I didn't poo at all the entire time. Whew!! I had a few good pushes and then the head was staying in place and it hurt SO BAD. The on-call doc I had was like "I can let him sit here to stretch you out". I said "No! Just do it! Just cut me! Get him out!!" So he did, and at 4:52am on June 5th little Conrad was born. It was just a small episiotomy, so yay. When I saw Conrad, I couldn't believe he was here! And he looked so tiny!! My first son was 8 lbs 11oz, but Conrad was only 7 lbs 7oz. 19 1/2 inches. Which I thought was short for parents that are 5'11" and 6'5", but oh well! I didn't cry a ton, but I do remember tears sliding down both sides of my face right after he came out. Hubby was a great coach the whole time. Yay! I said "holy moly! We have 2 boys now!!" Yay!!!

Conrad must have sucked his fingers while I was pregnant, because he was doing that as he was getting assessed and it was LOUD. Haha. He had no problems latching on, and has been nursing like a champ ever since. My milk came in on day 2, which surprised the heck out of me. We are all happy at home and doing well now (other than my bruised tailbone, ouch!!) Calvin loves his little brother and kisses and pets his head all the time. I am so blessed to have these little guys. I can't believe it. I was so nervous about having a 2nd baby and worried how I'd feel about him. But like everyone says, once your 2nd child is born, your heart just doubles in size and you have twice the love you did before. Yay!!! Here are some pics of the little fella.

Old man hair

"party in the back" hair

testing the straps. I moved the chest clip up a bit after this pic. There's hardly any space though! Ha

Last edited by Karen78; June 15th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
June 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again! He is such a cutie! I love the one of Calvin kissing his head...so sweet.
Karen78 likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Congrats Hun he is so handsome!
Karen78 likes this.

June 15th, 2013, 02:10 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats what a good birth story!!
Karen78 likes this.

June 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Rochelle
Awww.. both your boys are so cute. Great story.
Karen78 likes this.
June 15th, 2013, 04:37 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Congratulations! What a great story!
Karen78 likes this.

June 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats!! I love the "party in the back hair"
Karen78 likes this.

June 19th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Just LOVE him!!!!!
Karen78 likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 04:40 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cute! Thanks for sharing!
Karen78 likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What cute boys

I agree about the growing heart. I tell my boys that a mother's heart is different. It has to ability to love each child with her entire heart, and her heart needs all her kids to be happy.

July 25th, 2013, 07:44 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
How sweet! Sorry I'm so late but congrats!! Your boys are cuties and you look amazing for just having a baby! lol
good job momma!

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search