Eli Timothy

Veggie Tales

The tales of our babies entrance into the world.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Hopeful2BMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Veggie Tales LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Early labor started on Tuesday night. I started feeling tons of pressure in my back with my belly tightening. These contractions were coming every 7 minutes, but they weren't painful, so I just went to bed. Wednesday, I woke up with painful contractions, but they came randomly. As the day went on, they got more and more painful and closer together. By the night, I was in lots of pain and in total denial. I had a hair appointment the next day and I was determined to make it! I never went to bed Wednesday night. I spent a lot of time in the tub, trying to breath through the contractions. They started getting super close and hurt so bad. I woke Brian up at 3:30am and told him I didn't know how much longer I could stand it. We showered and left for the hospital.

We got there around 5 am and I was admitted to L&D. I was dilated to almost 5 on my first check. My progress was going really fast. I got the epidural at 6cm. It felt great, but I almost passed out a couple times because my blood pressure was bottoming out. Kind of scary. At 10am, I was at 9+ with just a lip left. This is when they broke my water. They said I could push through the rest, but my doctor wanted to wait as along as possible to give baby time to drop. He didn't want me to have to push for very long. As the hours passed, I started feeling some pain in my hip and it kept getting progressively worse. It got HORRIBLE around 4:30. I went from feeling awesome, to being in serious pain. Doc said it was from my hip separating to let baby down. I asked for the epi to be turned up and even at the highest dosage, it didn't change a thing. Doc turned on pitocin to get the contractions ready to push. The hip pain came with each contraction so it was coming faster and closer. It was bad. At about 5:45, I felt a need to push and I couldn't hold it. We yelled for the nurse, she checked super fast and I was ready. Baby was right there. Pushing was a huge relief. Pushing through the contractions kept me from feeling the hip pain. I pushed for 40 minutes and then baby Eli came flying out!

I'm a mom! Eli Timothy weighed 6ln14.8oz and is 20.5 inches long. It's the best feeling in the world. I couldn't imagine loving him or my husband any more.
June 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Rochelle
June 24th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Veteran
congratulations!
June 24th, 2013, 11:43 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Congrats Hun!

June 25th, 2013, 12:02 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics!

June 26th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little miracle!!
June 27th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Hooray!! It's such an incredible experience, isn't it?! Wish it didn't hurt so bad or I'd do it all the time! Congratulations!

July 25th, 2013, 07:30 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
congrats!! (sorry I'm so late )

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search