Tristan Kai

Veggie Tales

The tales of our babies entrance into the world.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Veggie Tales LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my membrane sweep on Monday and some spotting and cramping afterwards by Tuesday all spotting and cramping had stopped and I was convinced he would stay put til my scheduled induction on Monday. So after I got DD in bed I stayed up and watched a movie. Went to bed around 1 am. DD woke me up at 2 am to go potty then she curled up next to me. I still felt fine. I woke at 3 to go to the bathroom and when j wiped I noticed the paper looked dark and I hadn't turned on the light so I didn't really think to much of it. Went back to bed and contractions started around 4:00 am and they had me awake by 5 am. They were every 8 minutes. I told DH and labored in the bathroom a bit as it was where I wanted to be. Then I went down to our room and checked on DD. DH called in to his job he was supposed to start that day and I got in the tub around 6:30. I labored in the tub til around 9 am and was fairly comfortable there and my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. DH jokingly said I sounded like a Benzedrine monk cause I was hum/chanting thru my contractions (thanks for the tip Courtney!! Lol) My mom had arrived around 8 am and DD had awoke and I got out to dress her and then got back in the tub. She sat talking to me for a bit and was giving me her bathtub toys and I figured it was time to go in to the hospital it took me awhile to get dressed as contractions were getting stronger. By the time we arrived at 10 am I was 4 minutes apart. At 10:15 am I was 6 cm dilated. By 10:45 I was 8 cm dilated. At 11:12 I was 9 cm. Then I hit a wall. All contractions were pretty easy and manageable until then. Then they hit so hard and fast and furious I couldn't breathe and I tensed up. I stuck at 9 for a long time and he wasn't dropping down on my cervix and my water hadn't broke. They broke my water and the contractions got worse. They tried getting me to go on all 4s and to stand and swirl my hips and that was even more painful. They kept checking me and having me to try and push him down while they were checking me and while I was only a 9 still. DH said they seriously made me do that about 25 times in 2 hours and I was screaming in pain and shaking so bad he said I didn't even look that bad when I had DD after 24 hours of pit with no pain relief. I finally broke down and got an ISN which is a one time shot in the spine...not quite an epi or a spinal. So they called in the anesthesiologist and I almost hit my nurse during the two contractions while we were waiting for him as she decided to check me again by shoving her huge man hands up my hooha during two of the worst contractions ever asking me to try bearing down again. I yelled at her to get her **** hands out of my ****** hooha before I punched her and told her to get me the drug Dr! He came right away. DH was holding me and the nurses kept trying to shove him out of the way and I shoved both nurses back had a massive contraction and as I was sobbing and snotting on DH all I could think about was oh dear god please don't let this drug Dr be like Tanias Dr. Pokey. He scrubbed my back there was a teeny poke like a mosquito bite. They then laid me down and blessed numbness hit. I could have kissed drug Dr. But the whole time I felt awful cause DH and I are both against using pain meds during labor due to the risks and I kept apologizing to DH for taking pain meds but he felt so bad and I think as he reminded me to try and get in my right frame of mind I also think he was pretty frightened to see me that bad. Well anyway 5 minutes after the ISN took hold they checked me again and I was 10 cm. All it took was me relaxing to hit that extra cm. I rested almost a half hour while still contracting to bring him down still. Then it was pushing time. I warned the doc I'm an effective pusher. Well he was crowning as I raised my legs and his head was coming without me even pushing. I did one push and out he shot. The doc was so shocked she barely caught him and then was exclaiming over how big his feet and hands were. He was 7 pounds 2.2 oz and 20 inches long born at 2:21 pm on 6-26. He is an amazing pooper and has gone like ten times already and he is trying to nurse. I am not getting any milk yet and only a drop or two of colostrum and he is a real hungry guy so I am supplementing til me milk comes in and this doesn't seem to confuse him as he still tries to latch on. He does occasionally correctly despite my nipple problems but he let's go after five to ten minutes when he doesn't get anything so I think we will keep trying and pumping til my milk comes in and fingers crossed that he will be so determined we will work past my flat nipples. I am totally in love with my poop monkey. DD thinks he is pretty neat also. Pics are up on my Facebook its too much of a pain to deal with Photobucket from mobile to here So I will post some here later.

June 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
congrats hun!

June 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story, thanks for sharing and congrats! I just got my membranes swept so I hope it works for me also.

I have never heard of that spinal "shot". interesting.
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Wow! Barely a push at all! Congratulations, mama!!
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story! I am one proud due date buddy
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I can't believe that our babies who had the same due date, but didn't show up before/by then, ended up with the same birthday!
MamaSkunk likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 10:02 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Congratulations
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Great story!! Congrats!!
MamaSkunk likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 11:40 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Congratulations!!!
MamaSkunk likes this.
June 29th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy that your Mr Pokey knew what the hell he was doing! You are a great pusher! He is so cute too.
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats1
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search