Forced to tell my boss at only 4weeks.

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WannaB
  • 1 Post By Orangebrittainy
  • 1 Post By OatmealKisses

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
So, two days ago, I had to tell my boss I was pregnant. I had originally hoped to keep it hush hush until 12 weeks or at least until I started to show since I am sooo worried about miscarriage.

But I work at an NHL arena, that holds like 20,000 people, and I have to walk in circles around and around and around during hockey games for up to 10 hours straight. I have to walk into hot kitchens to check on our staff, and have in the past lifted heavy (60lb) pails of food and have pulled 2,000 pound skids.

I thought I would be able to get away with telling just one of my co-workers who I work closely with. He agreed he would look out for me during the first weeks and not let me lift anything. It was going well until the hockey game on Wednesday when my legs felt like they were going to collapse if I had to do one more arena lap, and the kitchen was so hot I felt like I was going to pass out.

I decided I had to tell my boss that night so I would be able to give myself adequate breaks in order to protect myself and the baby.

He handled the news REALLY well. He was really excited for me and said I could sit down any time I needed and if he could do anything to help me, just let him know.

So it worked out well. But I am still SO stressed that my boss now knows I'm pregnant before my family even knows.

Anyone else been forced to come clean to their bosses yet?
May 24th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Super Mommy
I have told my boss as well before my family because I am a miner I operate equipment in an underground mine. So I had to tell him so he would give me surface work to do. Like you it went excellent.
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.
May 25th, 2013, 05:38 AM
FDwife&mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to FDwife&mama
I had to tell mine before family too simply because of dr appt mid day and he was gonna need to know what's up and if everything was ok.
May 25th, 2013, 06:03 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yup! I told him the other day. He was so happy too! But the good news is my parents do know and so do my inlaws. So it wasnt soo bad, but I had to let him know bc of taking off for appointments. I am planning on making them all after work or around lunchtime but still thought he should know.
glad it went well tho!!

May 25th, 2013, 06:28 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to wait a little bit too, but morning sickness forced my hand. Glad he took it well sweetie!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
May 25th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I can't keep my own secrets, so the bun was out of the oven within hours of me knowing.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

May 25th, 2013, 01:08 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangebrittainy View Post
I can't keep my own secrets, so the bun was out of the oven within hours of me knowing.
Well, I hope the "bun" isn't out yet. Too early.
Orangebrittainy likes this.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
May 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already told my boss & Co workers. No big deal he took the news fine and checks on me during the day.

May 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I totally thought I would be the ony one that told my boss this early.

But I think it's better this way than how I had planned- worrying about telling him over the next 8 weeks. And this way I get to relax a little at work without fear of looking bad.
May 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I dont have a boss

Glad he took it well!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)