Is anyone getting negativity from others on their pregnancy news?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Momma2Braydin
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy
  • 1 Post By arngwifey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have yet to tell anyone and that's partly due to the negative remarks from others. My mother will be the LAST to know. For some reason she thinks once i had a boy then a girl i should have stopped having kids and been done with just 2. I love children though and I wanted more then one child with my husband, my first son is from a previous marriage. But we really are both enjoying raising our children together and wanted several kids. Why are people so negative when you have more then 2 or 3 kids? I always get "are you done now?" or "gosh, how many do you plan to have?" I have even had a family member ask me "don't you get tired of so many kids?" It always surprises me since I do at least have a husband, a house, money to support them and a van big enough to transport them. I think we are well equipped to have so many. So what's the big deal??
Because almost everyone I know seems to think it's absurd to have more then 3, I am not sharing the news until I start showing and it's obvious. I just don't want anyone stealing my joy during this time. It's our last one and I want it to be a very pleasant and happy pregnancy. Is anyone else dealing or dealt with rude or negative comments on the number of children you have?

May 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Posted on Jan Dec too. Yes my mum is always negative. She hasn't been happy for me once. My friends will be shocked and my close friends I've told were just like wow 4 kids your crazy!!The Dec 2010 playroom facebook group were all happy for me and my best friend too was excited.

Yes just enjoy your last pregnancy! That's what I'm going to do as well. Enjoy every minute.

[/url]
May 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
Ugh yes, as always. I always get "don't you have enough?" "What's wrong with you" "Don't you know what caused that" "It's not fair to your other kids"

And also everyone I know says "I better be a girl!!" Just because I've had 7 boys and 2 girls doesn't mean that I want another girl. Sure it would be nice, but a boy would be just as nice!

May 29th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes that's another one I get!! When I had Alex one of my neighbours said to me ah it's another boy, what a shame! One of my friends said, ah well you might get a girl this time a nd then you ll be happy. Another said you can't just keep going you may never get a girl.
I mean yes I would love a girl but I would love a boy too. I just want another healthy child. And this will be the last no matter what sex it is!

[/url]
June 2nd, 2013, 06:22 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
I told everyone early, and I got a few "are we happy about this?" comments... Other than that people are keeping their opinions to themselves. Probably talking behind my back. But I dont really care!

June 2nd, 2013, 06:28 PM
Veteran
I am sure we will get a lot of negativity once we announce that we are pregnant. My youngest is 7 months old. We didn't expect is to happen this quick(took literally once time without protection) but it is what it is ya know?

June 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_8 View Post
Ugh yes, as always. I always get "don't you have enough?" "What's wrong with you" "Don't you know what caused that" "It's not fair to your other kids"

And also everyone I know says "I better be a girl!!" Just because I've had 7 boys and 2 girls doesn't mean that I want another girl. Sure it would be nice, but a boy would be just as nice!
My mom told me that it wasn't fair to my other kids also. Said they didn't have a chance to be "the baby" before a new one came. I told her kids don't know anything about that, only adults think that way. And my kids still get held and plenty of attention. Plus how can they miss being the only child if they never have been?? I was an only child for 13 yrs and I hated it. Kids love playmates and what better then a sibling, that's a full time playmate who never has to go home
Momma2Braydin likes this.

June 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure how immediate family will react, but they won't know until I'm about 30 weeks (no joke). Since my twins arrived 2 months early I really don't want them to worry that something will happen again.

I won't tell anyone IRL until I'm at least 10 weeks if not more. No one I know will say anything negative as we fortunately are in a community that doesn't blink twice at seeing large families (no, I'm not Mormon, lol). If anything it will be a relief to be able to tell people because all I've heard since the babies were about 4 months old is, "Are you expecting yet??"

Once we passed #5 the rude comments pretty much stopped, thank goodness.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
June 3rd, 2013, 03:25 AM
Veteran
Ya know, rude comments about how many children people have drives me nuts. Like the Duggar family, im sorry yeah they have tons of kids but they take care of them, not the government they do. I say as long as you take care of your kids, or work on getting to the stage where you can they what is it any bodies business how many kids you have.

June 4th, 2013, 02:22 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I am sorry you are getting negative responses...people just do not know how to keep their rude opinions to themselves sometimes

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

June 4th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Braydin View Post
Ya know, rude comments about how many children people have drives me nuts. Like the Duggar family, im sorry yeah they have tons of kids but they take care of them, not the government they do. I say as long as you take care of your kids, or work on getting to the stage where you can they what is it any bodies business how many kids you have.
I feel the same way. Who cares if your taking care of them. But of course people argue that having so many children is hard on the environment. These same people probably don't recycle, smoke like chimneys and litter. I somehow doubt all these folks are that concerned about the environment. If we did have that many people who cared then maybe the environment wouldn't be in so much trouble in the first place.
Mrs. Harris likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Six in the City
I have told several friends and they've all been really great. I'm dreading telling my parents because I know I will get terrible comments and ton of negativity. I don't really want to hear it. I have 4 kids. We weren't planning on #5 but we have been blessed so I mean it is what it is. And hearing them freak out over something that doesn't even really concern them... makes me so upset!
PrettyMommy likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
June 6th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am bracing myself for this. I think mostly people will be so excited but we have a fee relatives that suck. I not going yo let them pee on my parade!!!
June 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Tiggerlb's Avatar Super Mommy
I won't be telling no one eith until it just becomes obvious (normally for me it is about 6 weeks before my due date). I am dreading the comments when it is know of my 4th child.

June 6th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a short lecture from SIL who doesn't have any kids and isn't married yet (she is engaged) on how hard things are going to be when we have another and how I need to go to school and get my own job and blah blah blah. I guess she knows better than me so maybe I should heed her advice lol. /end sarcasm Really that's the only little bit of "negativity" I've gotten so far, if you can even call it that. Nothing like what you ladies have gotten. Just because you love kids and want more than the national average doesn't make you a bad mom or crazy.

Mostly the negativity I get from my family has more to do with them begging me to just schedule a repeat csection and not even give my body a chance for a vbac.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm waiting to tell my parents, I want to make a cool reveal. I know I'll get from my mom "I thought you were gonna wait till Frankie was a year...but I am excited" my parents will be happy. My sister I could see giving some negativity, she was a bit negative when she found out I was pregnant with Frankie. She thought that all women should wait till they were at least 30 to get pregnant and didn't understand why some would want to "ruin there life and pretty much end their lives by having kids early." She can be immature...but she loves Frankie so much and has grown up since I had him, he is like her favorite little person ever. She knows there will be more and even asked me yesterday if I was pregnant because she has a feeling and had a dream I was (I said not that I know of), so I'm hoping it won't be a big surprise and she'll be happy. I'm sure there will be some stupid comment, that's just how she is. I think every one else will be happy for us but I'm sure I'll get a lot "pregnant again? already?"

June 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
We won't be telling for a while, but I don't expect any negative reactions. I thinkhw worst will be that the few people we do tell will be worried sick that we will have another loss.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search