And the dr drama begins...

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have been patiently waiting on my bloodwork results before we announce on FaceBook that were supposed to be in bloomin yesterday. And the dr office just now gets them. DH calls the dr because I'm tired of playing phone tag and because he's being impatient and not helpful and keeps calling/emailing me from work begging me to ring them off the hook until they tell me. For whatever reason they apparently can't tell him. Some kind of privacy thing i guess. He calls me back again and tries to get me to call them back. I do after waiting as long as I can. I call them, spend 15 minutes on hold and as soon as the receptionist picks up again and I tell her what my name is and why I'm calling, the phone mysteriously cuts out. I shoot DH an email letting him know then he calls me back and starts arguing with me to call them again. I so don't want to deal with this right now. After DH begging, I'm about to call them again even though I already have 3 times today from his urging. Ugh. Tired of this.. And now I'm crying. Great. Gotta calm down before I call them and hope DH doesn't call them and yell at them. He is extremely anxious to get this so he can announce our pregnancy at work today before he gets off n 20 minutes. Yuck.. Wish me luck.

Update- Apparently nurses can't tell me this. Only the dr can because only he is qualified to. That would have been nice to know earlier. They said the dr is super busy and they close in an hour so I suppose this might have to wait to tomorrow. I'm ok with that. I'm wanting to wait until the first ultrasound (probably only a couple weeks away if all goes well) before I announce anyways.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; June 6th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
June 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Sorry you had to go thru all of that, I had to wait four days to get my beta results because of the holiday weekend. I think wwiting until at least the ultrasound to tell co workers and such is probably best although I know how hard it is to not tell everyone the good news!
June 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Ask to sign a release of information for your husband...this will allow them to share information with him. I hare how test results get delivered.
June 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We got our results back and it was positive. I dont see that dr often at all. I just dont really need to. We went ahead and posted to Facebook. Even though we had a very early loss last time, I'm not as worried about this one. This time in my pregnancy with Lily, I started spotting and kind of freaked out, but shes fine. With this one, so far I'm having good symptoms.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; June 6th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
June 7th, 2013, 05:34 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Time to get a new doctor.

June 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't see him more than once or twice a year and he's the only one in town our insurance covers. :/

June 7th, 2013, 01:12 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whenever I have had any blood work done my docs nurse gives me results right there over the phone, even betas. Sorry your day has been so filled with drama. I would find a new doc cause thats a pain in the butt.

June 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^That's how it was with Lily. The nurse told me. I know it wasn't him because a woman told me. I wonder why they changed that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search