September chat thread.

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tried to take a nap today, but the dogs started barking at something, so it didn't take. Hopefully I can just stay up until 10 so I won't wake up so early. I've got my u/s tomorrow to look at the cyst and fluid so I don't want to wake up at 4 again and then just wait and wait.

September 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed the last week that the trains that go through a block from my house around 12:30 and 2 or 3 am are waking me up now, though I had gotten used to them and not even noticed. Well before I got pg, I had like a month where I couldn't sleep til at least 2 am. But now with school started and taking unisom, I am usually able to make myself go to sleep before midnight. If I don't get woke up by the 12:30 train I'm woken up by the other one or when dh wakes up slightly before his alarm goes off at 3 am.

September 19th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I am lucky dh does not like to cuddle :-). As a matter of fact when I got pregnant before and had a MC hubby thinks that was because of sex and refuses to do it till I have the baby. Right now I don't feel like it anyway but down the road we may ha e problems.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
September 19th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I hope you find some sleep LuvsGavinNJamie. Sandy, Maybe once your out of the first trimester he'll change his mind. I know the first time we dtd and I had bleeding afterwords, DH didn't try to again for 2 weeks. And then the whole time he was like 'are you ok, are you sure your ok'.

September 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
This is not on topic or baby related at all (and yea I'm a dork), but for those whom Facebook today is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Set your language settings to pirate for a day and laugh.

September 19th, 2013, 04:57 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lmao at talk like a pirate day.

So, took a Zofran and it kind of worked for once!!! I mean I still feel nauseous but doable nauseous and I cleaned my bathroom top to bottom (like scrubbed out the tub/shower) and oversaw the taking in of a stray dog that the animal shelter won't pick up until tomorrow- like I needed that. Lol
September 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I had DS and DD clean the bathroom yesterday (tub/toilet/sink/floor). But I noticed the toilet still needed extra cleaning, so I did manage that. I also managed dishes today (though DH came over and wanted to do them, but since there wasn't much he agreed I could do them). I hope the stray dog behaves itself and doesn't cause much problems, and the animal shelter comes in the morning rather than the afternoon.

September 19th, 2013, 08:29 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cuddling. Blech. Well it used to never bother me but DH has used it as a prelude to asking for sex 95% of the time and sometimes whined to the point I cry hysterically because he hopes I will give in. And sometimes i do, and things are okay, sometimes we cant even get through it because i feel so emotionally hurt and gross about it, or we do get through it but i feel kind of wrong. Lately he hasn't done any of that. In quite a long time, actually.

So I'm not sure completely, but I think that's why cuddling bothers me unless I know for sure he isn't angling for sex.

September 19th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Ah yes, guys cuddle hoping for sex. I had to explain to DH years ago why I didn't want to cuddle if I wasn't in the mood for sex. After that cuddling just became cuddling, but I had to spell it out for him.

September 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
These afternoon naps are killing me. Around 4 o'clock I get so tired I have to go lay down for about an hour. The only problem is because DH works in the evenings DD and I do homeschool in the afternoons. She's loving it because it means an extra long break for her between my nap and dinner time. Luckily we did some work over the summer before my BFP and it's keeping us on track. Anyone else still totally worn out? I thought with the cooler weather my energy would come back, but not yet.

September 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! I generally nap from 4-6 if I have a chance. If not I am dragging the rest of the night.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
September 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really get a chance to nap. I work 7-4 most days and then Carter's here when I get home. However when I have taken naps on the weekends I wake up feeling worse than when I laid down. Like I'm starting the nausea over for the day. So I'm trying not to take naps at least until the nausea goes away.
Due 11/30 with #3!
September 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I'm not tired so much as I just feel blah- no motivation- nothing. Just nausea. So, the Zofran seems to be working but here comes the constipation lol and, I guess the reason I never thought it worked before is that I'm still nauseous just not as nauseous....I'm not complaining because it makes life much more bearable but I still just feel like sitting around and I'm still gagging lol. Oh well. I also think I may have stopped my antibiotic too soon...oh well. I guess if the uti is back I might ask for a different antibiotic?

Only 4 weeks and 2 days until 2nd trimester (and about 12 weeks before the nausea is pretty much gone
September 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I don't feel nauseas after my naps (my m/s is mostly gone except the rare occasion). But I do wake up feeling so tired it takes me an hour or 2 to get to feeling like doing anything. Today I went and laid down early (and while Boo, DD's nickname, was working on her history sheets), so maybe by dinner time I'll have a little energy. DH laughs and jokingly says 'I thought you didn't get tired until after the baby is born'.

September 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Um did you hit your dh??? We're growing little people!! It's amazing when it comes right down to it...heck- I'm surprised we don't all just hibernate for nine months (I really mostly wish we did lol. I'm lucky that my dh gets how miserable I am when I'm pregnant because he has really stepped up his help this pregnancy. I can't really complain about him (well he's a slob in general so it's not like things are done "right" but hey at least things are getting done because I'm sure as heck not doing them!!).

So, I'm supposed to be doing kindergarten with my 5 year old right now. Yeah I haven't done a single thing with her in weeks. Gah. I did take her to co-op last week and I officially added my youngest dd to preschool even though she's only two!! But she was with me anyway (she is super attached as is my 5 year old) and she wanted to do all the arts and crafts and it was only $30 for the year, which I'm getting a refund from what I've already paid anyway...okay I'm rambling- the Zofran is making me typative I guess (yes I just made up my own word).
Boos Moo likes this.
September 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
No I was to tired to hit him But really he just turns on the noise maker for me (if he's home) and closes the door so I can really rest. Today he was still home (works nights) when I went to lay down (he was napping too since he doesn't sleep a full 8 hours at night). Well he got up to get ready for work and then I started to get up and he says 'no, lay down and get some more rest'. But by then I'd been asleep an hour and figured I'd better get up if I want to sleep tonight. Due to his schedule our sleep hours are wonky compared to most people I know (which is a big reason we chose to homeschool). And yeah, DH doesn't do the dishes as well as I'd like, but I'm just going to live with it (it's better than having to do them myself).

September 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Yep- amen to that. I try not to complain too much- though I did go buy more yoga pants from target today instead of doing the laundry...it was necessary lol
Boos Moo likes this.
September 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Oh that's one area I don't usually let DH do - my laundry. Because he doesn't use softener and when he hangs things up to dry he hangs them weird and they get lopsided and creases where there shouldn't be. He does his own and now DD is doing her own. I'm sure it won't be long before DH insists I let him take care of the rest, but I like my towels soft so I'll have to 'remind' him about the fabric softener
I'm going to need to go buy some maternity pants soon just to have something that fits to wear. I've only gained 1 pound (I had lost some before and during the first few weeks), but I only have like 3 pairs of capris that fit anymore

September 21st, 2013, 11:09 AM
DH started the demolition part of putting the new wall in our extra room today. Tomorrow he'll go get the wood and all the stuff he needs to make it happen. Then after the wall goes up he's going to put in built in shelves on the side that will be our store-room. Then I can get all the stuff put away Well DH might have to because he won't let me lift anything heavier than my pillow right now

September 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM
Uuuuugh...dh pissed me off earlier because he wouldn't let me get my own drink. Like really? I was carrying my lunch to the table and he tried to take it away from me because I was "shaky" lol really? I'm nauseous but I'm not an invalid lol. I did spend the day on the couch and took two Zofran. I guess that's what happens when you get up super early for soccer this morning. Ugh. I'm so glad that's the last 9 am game for the season and we got our snack week over with too...now I just have to worry about snack week/show and tell for co-op in a couple weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search