Halloween

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Leah1216
  • 2 Post By Karen182
  • 1 Post By rhi26
  • 1 Post By Karen182

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since most of us will be showing by Halloween is anybody going to do some sort of belly costume? One year I saw a lady dressed up as a pumpkin plant and her belly was the pumpkin. Or those skeleton costumes that show a baby skeleton inside momma skeleton. Or are you not dressing up at all?

September 18th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My work will want us to dress up. I have no idea what I'd be. Showing my belly is out of the question since I am plus size and not going there lol

Our precious little girl is here!
Skylar arrived 4 weeks early on August 12th, 2015 <3

After 15 long years, and many losses, our miracle is here!
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014 <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com
September 18th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I was a stove with a bun in the oven. DH was the chef or "bun maker". I wore in with DD#2 too. I could always wear that one last time.
ChiChica likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I wouldn't show mine either But I would wear a costume that accented it That is if we've told by then, which considering I'm already popping out I think we will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1216 View Post
With my first I was a stove with a bun in the oven. DH was the chef or "bun maker". I wore in with DD#2 too. I could always wear that one last time.
That's cute.

September 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Super Mommy
They don't allow any costumes at school, so I don't really have anywhere to wear an outfit. I loooove carving pumpkins though! Each year we do that. I've carved my dog, my university's mascott, hubby's favorite football team, angry birds...all sorts of stuff.

This year I'm hoping to do despicable me minions

Oh, and I dress my dog up like a banana.

Poor Lucy
Boos Moo and HeyBaby like this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
September 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I’m sure I won’t be dressing up. My work likes me to, but I usually just pop on a pair of Animal Ears just for when they do a group picture only. Lol
September 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
DH and I sometimes dress up when we take DD trick or treating, or used to take DS. And we've dressed our dogs up if we take them. I'm gonna have to check the costume stores when we look for DD's costume to see if I can find anything.

September 18th, 2013, 08:10 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't be showing and will be lucky to have my girlies dressed up...I'm not big on dressing up but am super into Halloween and a little depressed that I'm mostly going to miss it this year...I originally thought I should be feeling better by them but I was counting wrong lol.
September 18th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No dressing up for me either. I have a hard enough time getting my kids' act together, don't have time for myself !

September 18th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you seen those cute shirts with the skeleton baby placed in the belly area? Kind of like this: Pregnant Skeleton Halloween Costume Long Sleeve T Shirt Maternity Baby WZS 05 | eBay

Maybe something like that or probably nothing.
September 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm far too self-conscious to show my belly, though I think a lot of the painted bellies are adorable. I really like the the idea of being a stove with a bun in the oven, and it's great that DH gets involved in that too. Even if I did dress up, there's nowhere to go around here and we're so rural we don't even get trick-or-treaters lol
September 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We dress up and have a building wide competition at my work! But each team typically has a theme...so until we decide our theme this year, I don't know what I'll be. I'll figure out a way to accentuate the belly though!

I'm amazed your dog kept the costume on...we've put tigger ears on our American Bulldog and she looks so upset, I couldn't imagine attempting a costume LOL.
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
September 18th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Regular
My uncle hosts a big Halloween party every year. I'm dressing like an angel and my husband will dress like the devil. We are putting on my shirt an arrow pointing to the baby and writing the devil made me do it. We just need to find a non scary devil costume
Boos Moo likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
I'm amazed your dog kept the costume on...we've put tigger ears on our American Bulldog and she looks so upset, I couldn't imagine attempting a costume LOL.
There was an awful lot of cheese bribery going on to keep her content

She's actually really good about it. She's a certified therapy dog, titled agility competitor, and often has to wear coats when we have trials in winter--so she's used to being manhandled and wearing weird stuff.
Jessimaaka likes this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
September 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawastar View Post
I'm far too self-conscious to show my belly, though I think a lot of the painted bellies are adorable. I really like the the idea of being a stove with a bun in the oven, and it's great that DH gets involved in that too. Even if I did dress up, there's nowhere to go around here and we're so rural we don't even get trick-or-treaters lol
We are in the country to - we've never had trick-or-treaters since everyone lives acres apart and my kids have been the only kids on our street for years. So we've always had to take them to a friends neighborhood.

September 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Veteran
Hope to do something cute but I have no clue as to what yet!
September 18th, 2013, 05:31 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm not thinking that my belly will be big enough to qualify for any sort of decorating, and it's usually really cold here on Halloween night, so I don't see myself walking around with a bare painted belly hanging out, LOL. I was pregnant at this exact same time of year with my first (their birthdays will be really close), and I didn't really have a good sizable bump until Christmas. Maybe I'll pop a lot faster this time! It's still mostly bloat that keeps fluctuating, so it's hard to say, although I *can* feel my uterus a lot sooner than I did with my first.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
September 21st, 2013, 06:46 AM
I think I found something I like if I'm public by then -
I totally want to get this for my next pregnant friend!!! | Funny

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search