Bleeding + Passing large clots = ER Visit

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
JandJC's Avatar #BoyMom
This pregnancy has been so stressful thus far. I knew I had SCH (Sub Chorionic Hemorrhage) and I should expect some bleeding. Around 5PM on Saturday I started bleeding a massive amount. Then I started passing huge clots (sorry tmi) - they were bigger than the size of my hands. I was sobbing so hard and was sure I was losing the baby.

We have a 5 month old and I couldn't get ahold of anyone in my family to watch him. The bleeding stopped abrubtly but there was so much blood...they think I lost over a gallon. Finally my mom arrived and we went to the ER.

Baby was looking perfect and measuring 12W4D. I was diagnosed with placenta previa and SCH and put on pelvic rest. Thankfully they said I could still lift and care for my 5 month old (who is 18 lbs!).

I honestly don't even know how its possible to lose that much blood and things be OK. Obviously I am thrilled that the baby is OK. Just petrified to do pretty much anything for the fear of crazy bleeding again!

October 7th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy things are ok, but so sorry you had to go through that. I'd be terrified!
I hope the pelvic rest solves everything
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

October 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!! You poor thing that sounds so scary especially being alone! So glad you and baby are okay. Did you need a transfusion or anything? I'm sorry all that is going on

Wow, your 5 month old is a big boy well actually I'm not sure because I have girls and my littlest was almost not on the charts she was so small (dh and I are both smallish- 5'5" and 5'6" and dh is really thin for a guy).
October 7th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know how scary that can be. With my second daughter around 13 weeks I bled heavyly and I went to the ER. They told me I had placenta previa. I was put on bed rest, pelvic rest and couldn't lift anything heavy. I had to take it easy for the rest of the pregnancy. Hopefully you have someone to help you with your 5 month old. I'm glad your baby I ok
October 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad the baby is ok. How scary for you.

October 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Josie - that must have been terrifying. I'm so sorry you had that happen, and to be home alone with the baby when it did. I'm glad to hear the baby is doing well and hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will be much less stressful.

October 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That is so scary. I am glad your baby is ok. Take it easy.
October 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes, that would be terrifying. I hope things are better now and I'm glad the baby is ok.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
October 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How terrifying! Glad both of you are okay though. Is that when the placenta is on the bottom of your uterus, on/near the birth canal? I've heard that it can move. Hopefully it will for you.

October 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm so sorry, that must have been terrifying. I'm so glad the baby is still doing well. I really hope you don't have another bleeding episode.

DD born April 2014 via Follistim and IUI

Baby #2 due August 25, 2016

October 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM
JandJC's Avatar #BoyMom
Thank you everyone! I was sooo terrified! Yes, they described my placenta as "low" and "directly over the cervix". I think that it's relatively common but everybody that I know who has had it has never had bleeding like this!

October 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my that is so scary I'm glad that you and baby are OK.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
October 7th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
So glad you got reasurrance and saw baby. Hope the pelvic rest helps and you have no more bleeding, I'd have been freaking out as well.
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
October 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is really scary!! Glad everything is okay!!

October 7th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so scary. What a relief that baby is doing well. Hopefully, you can get some help taking care of your son.
October 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so scary. I'm sorry that happened! I hope you're able to get the rest you need and find help,with the baby. ((Hugs))

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
October 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
JandJC's Avatar #BoyMom
Thank you ladies. Your support means so much!

October 7th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJC View Post
This pregnancy has been so stressful thus far. I knew I had SCH (Sub Chorionic Hemorrhage) and I should expect some bleeding. Around 5PM on Saturday I started bleeding a massive amount. Then I started passing huge clots (sorry tmi) - they were bigger than the size of my hands. I was sobbing so hard and was sure I was losing the baby.

We have a 5 month old and I couldn't get ahold of anyone in my family to watch him. The bleeding stopped abrubtly but there was so much blood...they think I lost over a gallon. Finally my mom arrived and we went to the ER.

Baby was looking perfect and measuring 12W4D. I was diagnosed with placenta previa and SCH and put on pelvic rest. Thankfully they said I could still lift and care for my 5 month old (who is 18 lbs!).

I honestly don't even know how its possible to lose that much blood and things be OK. Obviously I am thrilled that the baby is OK. Just petrified to do pretty much anything for the fear of crazy bleeding again!
Same thing happened to me Thanksgiving Day 2012. It was an ER visit and I was a little less further along. The clots were so large, that I thought for sure it was over. I was actually pregnant with TWINS, but didn't know at the time. They put me in a room and tested some of the clots for Fetal tissue; none. Unfortunately ONE baby did pass (but not til 2 weeks later) and fortunately one baby made it to term! The baby that passed DID NOT pass because of the bleeding. He just stopped growing. The clots were form an SCH that was pretty large. It should dissolve over time, but I have heard some women go to 16 weeks (on average, some more, but that usually involves other issues).

Best of luck! It's scary! But if baby has HB and as long as the SCH is not too close to placenta, you should be fine.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
October 7th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds very scary! Glad you and baby are ok. Big Hugs!

Our precious little girl is here!
Skylar arrived 4 weeks early on August 12th, 2015 <3

After 15 long years, and many losses, our miracle is here!
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014 <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com
October 8th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
Oh no! That sounds so very scary. I'm glad that you and baby are okay. Take it easy if you can.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search