3D

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shell1981
  • 1 Post By sgh
  • 1 Post By jennmommyoftwobeauties

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 02:50 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am really torn because I really wanted to do a 3D u/s and sadly I am not thinking I am going to be able to do so. The one clinic is more costly and close but I was told their u/s monitor is not working. The other one the lady was a bit rude and told me that she was having surgery (she was the tech) and was unable to do any u/s until the week of Thanksgiving but they were already booked solid for that week and had a waiting list. That although I could be put on the list their next appointments were not until the first week of Dec. When I told her that I was not willing to do something that late in the game and it was not really advised by other techs she made a comment that it was just as good and would be fine. You can definitely tell where her priorities were (on the money and not on the pleasure of doing something for someone that will last a lifetime). The other office is booked with Sat. until the third week of this month (I think) and is not close. It is all the way in Tacoma which is almost two hours away. I am sooooo stuck on what to do and a little upset that this area has NO u/s places close or within reason.

WWYD? Would you TRY to do something else? Would you skip it because you know you will be too far along? Would you go ahead and schedule it for that late and hope that for 200 dollars you are able to get a good enough shot knowing how cramped the baby will and should be? Would you just TRY to get into this other place that is almost 2 hours away and go? I really do not know what to do but a little devastated. I will be nearing my 34th week the first week of December.
November 12th, 2013, 04:32 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Personally i wouldn't because the money and at that point its so far along, but definitely do what you think is best!!

November 12th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't go to the place that said it ll still be ok at 34 weeks. I would ring up the one that's further away and ask when their next appointment is.
mommaof5girls likes this.

[/url]
November 12th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would try the facility further away and see what they have.
I was 32+1 for ours. I like to wait until 30-32 weeks, that is just my own personal preference and I realize not everyone agrees.
Your pic quality is going to depend a lot on how much fluid you have. So if you have a ton of fluid you can still get great pics later on. When we went the other day my fluid was over 16. Our facility is 1 1/2 hr away and it is the only one within a 3-4 hr drive for us.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

November 12th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I have to call today but the lady from the one place was slightly rude and cocky and said the one place was closed. Personally it seemed as if she were only about money and could really care, so I question her sincerity about the other places machine being down.
November 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are choosing not to more or less because i kind of want the surprise of seeing her for the first time in the delivery room. I think those are interesting but im just not realy sure they are really worth the money, in my opinion. If doc will give you one for free, awesome. But hubby and i just dont feel it's necessary.
November 12th, 2013, 03:29 PM
i have done one for my other two so it would seem off to not do one for her
November 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I think it is a lot of fun to get the 3d, but if were to cost me that much and be that late, I wouldn't do it. I get some decent pictures but MINE don't tend to look like the baby does when it comes out so it's just for entertainment and passing the time for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search