Joining the September Club!

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 07:44 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Liz I am 28, married to Chris, 30. I am the manager of a bank and bio mom to 4 kids, pregnant with #5, and stepmom to 2 more. So this will be baby #5 for me, #7 for the family. My kids are Alex (8, biological), Reid (7, stepson), Cadence aka Cady (5 1/2, biological), Isaiah (5, stepson), Ethan (3 1/2, biological), and Brayden (20 months, biological). As you can tell from the ages above we are quite a blended family.

We have been TTC since last October. I had a miscarriage in late October, and then didn't get pregnant in November. To my calculations of LMP I am due September 19th. I just got my positive test Sunday morning. I've had 4 positive tests then, so there is no doubt!

I am wanting to have a natural birth this time around at home. I have picked a midwife and am going for a tour this week or next and a consult. I think they will take me, I have contractions a lot and am usually put on bedrest (31 weeks with my 2nd, 26 weeks with my 3rd, and 24 weeks with my 4th), but I have had all full term babies and no complications at birth. So they think I am a good candidate just from what I've discussed over the phone today. I am hoping she will take me on and clear me for a home water birth! I'm very jazzed up about it! This could very well be our last child, so I want the birth I've never had. My husband is a little icked out about my delivering at home but I made him swear he would be there to catch the baby. He's tentative but I'm going to get him to go to the consult with me. He's mostly afraid of if an emergency happens, we sorta live an hours ambulance ride away from a hospital.

My husband is hoping for a girl, I could care less either way, although my daughter would LOVE to have a little more girl power in this house! While I am the most impatient person in the world when it comes to finding out gender (I usually pay the $150 to get a 3d ultrasound RIGHT at 13 weeks..and its always been right!), we have made each other the promise this time to leave gender as a surprise, until the moment of birth! I don't know how I will have the self restraint but I'm going to. There are few GOOD surprises in the world nowadays, so I figure this would be great.

My husband and I are on different pages about letting my daughter attend the birth. It would stress my oldest, Alex, 8, out, because he has Aspergers and he doesn't like seeing me in pain, and my other two are just tooo young. BUT, I would love to have my daughter at the birth. My husband thinks she is too young at 5 1/2, but I think having her there would actually keep me calmer because I would want to be calm not only for myself, the baby, and my husband, but for my daughter as well. That is still up in the air.

On top of 6 kids we have 3 doggies (Henry, an Airedale Terrier/Coonhound, Molly, a Standard Poodle, and Chloe, a Chihuahua), 2 outdoor cats (Rajah and Tigger, littermates), and my oldest son has a Parakeet named Neewee.

I'm glad to be here girls! Is anyone else planning on having a home birth?

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

January 14th, 2014, 07:51 PM
RayneElizabeth's Avatar Regular
Hello Elizabeth. My name is Elizabeth, and you're due the day before my 22nd birthday! Haha!

I am also planning a natural home birth!! I had an all natural birth in 2010 at the hospital.

I am bio mom to John, 3 & step mom to Chloe, 3.

Also, I plan on both my 3 yr olds being at my birth. For me, its the growth of our family. We're all gaining something...It is special to all of us. Gma is gonna be on kiddie duty though. But I plan on them being in the house, and present at birth.

January 14th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats!

January 14th, 2014, 08:03 PM
RayneElizabeth's Avatar Regular
Do you have the 3d scans of your LOs you can share?? I didnt know you could find out gender at 13 weeks!!

January 14th, 2014, 08:10 PM
klynne83's Avatar Kristy
Welcome Elizabeth! Boy you will have your hands full! I am expecting my first Sept 22nd!

Avery Mae arrived 06/11/16 @ 0258, one year to the date of my second miscarriage.
She weighed 8lbs 12oz & 21" long.
My beautiful rainbow baby, Thank you God!

01/29/14 06/11/15

January 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
January 14th, 2014, 10:10 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma

No home birth for me, although I love the idea, there's no local home birth midwives that are licensed and that's a minimum requirement for me. Our son will have the option of being in the room when baby is born or I. The waiting room with grandpa and uncles, totally up to him at the time.

We just adopted a standard poodle in November! Love them!
DS2- Sawyer - 9-5-14#C3 - EDD - 11-29-16
January 15th, 2014, 12:41 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #3
congrats and welcome
January 15th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Welcome!
No home birth for me.. .it's not legal here, and as crunchy as I am, I actually liked my hospital birth last time!

Glad to have you in the group!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

January 15th, 2014, 07:13 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
Welcome!

What a beautiful name you have! It's mine too!

No home birth here. Too high risk...but good luck! I always wanted to!

January 15th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I can't have a home birth, but I am hoping to have a natural vba2c. It's all up in the air right now, though.
January 15th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Veteran
Welcome and congratulations! Home water birth planned for me! I had one with my last and it was awesome! I am also a certified birth doula and my sister in law is a midwife so I've been into the natural birthing world for a while now. I didn't start out that way though. I just hate hospitals though and since I am not high risk and didn't have any complications with pregnancy there wasn't a need for a hospital to be involved. I think it's great that you are planning one, my only worry would be the far drive to the hospital should something go wrong. Maybe you'll be able to figure out something...

Anyway, congrats again and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months ahead of you!

TTC #2 for 4 months
DS 3.4 years old

BFP- 1/6/14!

January 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
What a sweet intro! Thank you for sharing about yourself Welcome and congratulations to the group!

January 15th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Veteran
I will not be having a home birth, so unfortunately my daughter will not be able to be there when this LO is born. However, I wouldn't want her to be. She will be 6 in July, and I think she is still too young.

EDD: September 19th, 2014!

Mommy to a princess named Averie (7/6/2008) who is very excited to FINALLY be a big sister!
January 15th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Veteran
Welcome and congratulations!
January 15th, 2014, 09:43 PM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! And welcome!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
New DD to ultrasounds
Make a pregnancy ticker

January 15th, 2014, 10:06 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome No home birth for me, I have scheduled c-sections for medical reasons. So I have about the most un-crunchy birth experiences ever! lol But I do have to say, if I could I think it would be an AMAZING experience and I wish I could have that opportunity.

We are a blended family also.

January 16th, 2014, 12:49 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Welcome! I think that I will have a C section. We will see what the doctors say.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 16th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations and Welcome! I am going for a natural birth this time. I am living back in my hometown and while I was gone a new midwife came along. I am seriously thinking about going and checking out the birth center.

January 16th, 2014, 02:28 PM
myfav5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome Elizabeth! I am Sarrah, expecting #6! Super excited. I will have a natural birth, but not at home. That is not allowed here. Nice to meet you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search