To those who are pregnant with twins

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2themoonx2
  • 1 Post By victoria0294

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2014, 03:50 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking from Feb DDC.

First of all, congratulations!!! I see there are a lot of twin moms in this DDC!
I just delivered identical twin girls Jan 14th. I didn't need a c- section since luckily both babies were head down

I would just urge you to please find out as soon as possible if you're having fraternal or identical twins. They will have to keep a closer eye on things if they're identical, so please make sure your dr does so.

Good luck to you all!!!

expecting identical twin girls!!
February 26th, 2014, 05:45 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
How do you find out? I know that I was told that even though I have 2 SACs… The babies could still be identical if there is one placenta.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
February 26th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Veteran
Amberbanegas, I believe that's what she's referring to. To find out if there are two sacs or one, two placentas or one. You are correct that your twins can still be identical in separate sacs but from my research being that there are 2 sacs there's no way for you to tell if the are identical or not until they are born. That would be by the babies being different sexes or by a DNA test.

I am having identical, being that they are in the same sac. I'm impatiently waiting, hoping, praying they find a dividing membrane. Congrats on your twins Victoria.
amberbanegas likes this.
February 26th, 2014, 09:47 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They would be able to tell if they're identical if they're sharing a placenta.
My girls are identical... They shared one placenta, but were each in their own sac.

At my first ultrasound, after getting over the shock of being told I was having 2 babies, I asked if they were identical or fraternal and she said "I'm not sure, probably fraternal". She was obviously wrong! I went to a high risk dr and at my first ultrasound there the dr told me there was only 1 placenta and they were therefore identical.

Good luck to you both!
2themoonx2, I also hope they find a dividing membrane! Fingers crossed
2themoonx2 likes this.

expecting identical twin girls!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search