March Chit Chat Thread

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a lot of stuff done for baby finally this weekend. Washed all the neutral clothes, blankets, burp cloths, etc. Also washed and put infant car seat together. Still have to install bases but it could wait until I deliver if necessary. Also picked up the bouncy seat and double stroller I've wanted. Had a coupon and some gift cards so it was a good deal.Now all I need to do is wash the boppy and covers to the bouncy seat and swing. Still waiting for our BIL to finish sanding the dry wall in the basement, which will be very dusty, to wash this stuff since it'll be sitting out.
Due 11/30 with #3!
March 19th, 2014, 12:44 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
Had my regular OB appt yesterday, she checked me for progress, I'm between a 1-2 and thinning out. No shocker there with all the cramping/back pain I've been having. Was so sore and crampy after she examined me I literally spent the rest of the day in bed...holy moly my lady parts hurt like the dickens!!! I am so not letting her check me next week if I'm gonna feel like this afterwards! Ok, whining over everything else went good thankfully.
LittleVera likes this.
March 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't let my doctor check me again until 38 weeks- I regretted letting the nurse check me yesterday- especially with the increase in contractions and stuff...So, I'm officially on a "diet" right now. I have just been gaining too much. Obviously, I can't diet diet I just am cutting out processed foods and trying to eat healthier. I've done really well today but I'm so nauseous and the other pleasant symptom actually got worse earlier!!! My stomach has been really upset ever since I had that bout. I did just eat a small bowl of dry honey kix but other than that I've just eaten carrots and cheese and oatmeal so all pretty good for you foods...I would have eaten more but I just really don't feel well :/
March 19th, 2014, 05:26 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my dr checked me I didn't feel a thing after! That's weird. I was excited to be 1 cm tho since that's all I was when they started pitocin with DS!!
LittleVera likes this.
Due 11/30 with #3!
March 19th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spotted a little after my doctor checked me. And I was so sore. Which isn't a surprise because I feel so swollen down there. Not that I can see but, it sure feel like it. I get checked all the time b/c of my cerclage. Along with every ultrasound involves an internal too. It's the most action I've had in a long time : )
March 19th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Haha me too really. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've dtd since I got pregnant!!Well, I'm about to ruin my awesome day of healthy eating with a bowl of ice cream- it will be small though!! I just can't take this heartburn and boy does the icecream help. On the up side it's vanilla...so it's not *that* bad...okay it's vanilla with chocolate chip cookie dough in it so maybe it is I still think Iade progress today...getting back into healthy eating habits is hard and I resisted junk even though I still don't feel at all well.
LittleVera likes this.
March 19th, 2014, 09:14 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tmi but dh has been gone for training for almost a month and I am ready to jump him as soon as he gets home!!!
isawastar and LittleVera like this.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
March 20th, 2014, 08:44 AM
3 more weeks and then I can jump my DH. We haven't been able to since the cerclage went in. 5 months is a long time. Hopefully, it will happen at least once before baby decides to arrive.
LittleVera likes this.
March 20th, 2014, 03:22 PM
And I have a had stomach issues all day. My stomach is making crazy noises. But, instead of the noises being down low where they would be if I weren't pregnant they seem to be right unde my boobs. Super strange!
March 20th, 2014, 06:51 PM
You know my doctor said that diarrhea has nothing to do with being pregnant. Maybe none of his patients complain but I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of pregnant women get it lol I do not get it randomly when not pregnant but I have had it at least once every single pregnancy.

Oh in other news, I lost the 3 lbs I had gained and the swelling went down a little (still retaining water but not awful), so eating better is working. Now, I just need to maintain this weight for the next 4-6 weeks- how likely do we think that is?? Id say not likely...
March 21st, 2014, 04:16 PM
I installed the car seat today!
Lol I'm slowly checking things off the list. Slowly as in probably one thing a week. Haha

March 21st, 2014, 04:28 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
5 more work shifts, 1nst, and 1ob appt left!!!!!!!!!!!
March 21st, 2014, 07:37 PM
^^^^^^
amedawn likes this.

March 21st, 2014, 07:55 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
So envious of all of you due at the beginning of the month!!
love.our.logan579 likes this.

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!
March 22nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
Bekki, technically I am due May 5th so I'll be 34 weeks on Monday. It's just once my cerclage is removed both girls were born 5 days later. We'll see how far I make it this time. Either way I will be prepared.

Started packing my hospital bag this weekend. I even went out and bought myself some new lounge pants and a new thin zip up shirt. I still have a few little things to buy to be completely ready. I want to bring my bag for the cerclage removal just in case.
March 22nd, 2014, 05:53 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I've never had cramping from my doctor checking me, but it did hurt the last time while he was actually doing it.

I feel like complete crap. Had bursts of energy over the past few days, which I managed to get out and walk some and danced around with DH last night. Today? Woke up with a nasty head cold (complete with the sinus pressure, stopped up nose & ears, sneezing, mouth breathing, and sore throat) AND a diarrhea. I really just want a super quiet, relaxing, early night but my MIL got my step-daughter and DH wants to bring her down.
March 22nd, 2014, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Had a busy, great but super tiring day today. My MIL came over to help me unpack/rearrange things. We are finally at the unpacking stage!! There has been so much I couldn't take out of boxes because we either didn't have the furniture or it wasn't assembled because the room it was to go in wasn't painted yet. Painting is DONE and all but one peice of furniture is up, which will go up tomorrow. Anyway, MIL WAS a huge help in the end, although I didn't feel ready for her and she wanted to get things done and I kept getting tired, it was more activity than I've had in a long while.. even though I did nothing except stand around and agree or disagree with her ideas. I put some stuff away too and corralled the kids, but I wouldn't have done nearly as much without a rest if she hadn't been there. We moved the furniture around about 10 times, but inthe end got the living room looking nice, cleaned up, clear of boxes (almost) and even decorated which is what I really needed help with!! My sis in law came down later to help too, between them they did SO much work for me!!! I love how my space looks and can't wait to finish the last few rooms now. BUT all that activity was too much for my body for sure. I was having contractions all evening, I wouldn't even call them BH this time, although not painful, they were strong and I had to breathe through them and consciously relax. Concerning. Proves my thought that if I worked hard at walking and lots of activity I could get this thing going earlier than I want. Thankfully my parents had us for dinner so I could do nothing, have food made for me and have someone else do bath time. So now I'm feeling better.
March 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM
Ahhhh
I just went and got a pedicure with a friend. My legs feel glorious! I had them do a peppermint lotion scrub thing and they feel tingly and awesome.

I promised I would bring dd next time so I can't wait to schedule the next one. Probably the weekend before my section.
And next time I am getting a mani and pedi!

March 23rd, 2014, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^^Aww, what a fun mommy daughter date!

I need a pedi so bad, I'll have to get one in the next few weeks!

March 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
YES! Oh dear god do I need work done on my hands and feet. The winter + these hormones did not do nice things to them! You'd think I've been living in the woods...barefoot...and climbing trees like Tarzan with hands like bark
love.our.logan579 likes this.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search