Well they are not going away so... advice?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Gray_baby
  • 3 Post By amedawn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2014, 02:00 PM
mariahpoo2's Avatar Veteran
I have been having the worst af type pain I have ever had in my life for about 2 hours now. A little background on my periods... they are hell and I usually just lay there moaning, crying and eating chocolate. These cramps were not really a timeable thing... but now it's kinda doing a eb and flow thing. The discomfort never goes away (trying not to say pain here, self hypnosis...) but does lessen some in waves. And I am getting tightenings too but they are not uncomfortable.

So what do you think. Should I start walking around and see if things really start going? Or take a bath and let try to see if thing calm down?... I mean I have already just been laying here for the 2 hours and it has not let up yet.
Me 36 DH 42 DD 14mo BFP 5/7/15 Welcome baby #2
March 21st, 2014, 02:20 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely change activity. A nice bath is always nice when having contractions. If the pain continues getting worse even in the bath then you may want to go to L&D to get checked out. Also, drink some water or gatorade, something.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 21st, 2014, 02:31 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
I would drink a few glasses of water, take a bath, then lay on your left side for a while and see if anything changes. Worked for me a couple weeks ago. Still had discomfort, but it definitely dulled down. I had to learn to tone down my activity, and stop trying to be super human lol. Let us know how it goes mamma!
March 21st, 2014, 03:03 PM
Took a bath. I feel somewhat better. The bath felt great. 20 min but I did have 2 major tightenings while I was in there. So... 10 min apart roughly. I just got out and I still feel a little achy. We will see... I have to take my sister to work and go shopping again. Which means more walking unfortunately But other wise we have nothing for dinner really. Before the bath I was laying on my left side chugging the water. lol Went from the bath to the couch. FX for me... I just ordered my Vit K drops for the baby. They wont be here for another 5-7 days. I am really hopping that they get here before I really go into labor.
March 21st, 2014, 08:11 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah- 36 weeks is still on the early side- I'd try to put off labor for as long as possible until 37-38 weeks when baby will most likely be ready if he/she decides to come. Hope you're feeling better and the contractions have stopped!! I'm getting them nightly and almost couldn't sleep last night. I'm not at all ready for him though so I need him to stay out another 3 weeksish lol. If he wants to come at 37 1/2 weeks and is a full term ready baby I'm okay with that but otherwise- keep on growing baby Max lol
March 21st, 2014, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad they settled a bit, you could check out spinning babies if it happens again, there are poses and positions on there for during labour for when baby is facing the wrong way or help relieve some types of pressure in labour. Baby might just have been lying wierd and putting pressure somewhere they shouldn't.
March 22nd, 2014, 05:57 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Glad things eased off for you
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
March 22nd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKnaomi View Post
Glad they settled a bit, you could check out spinning babies if it happens again, there are poses and positions on there for during labour for when baby is facing the wrong way or help relieve some types of pressure in labour. Baby might just have been lying wierd and putting pressure somewhere they shouldn't.
They have checked me the last 2 X I went in to the midwife. Baby is in perfect position Head down and back to front. They did a cervical check and I was Thinned and soft and a fingertip. They could feel little girls head. I am not surprised because I can feel her head down there. SO much pressure! lol

This mornings update: The pains went away again. Tho they were rhythmic. They really seem to come and go in periods which have been getting longer and longer as the days go by. They started as under and hour and just picked up over time. So now I know that they may last 2 hours or more. Just another practice run I suppose. I get my urine check every time I go in. It was perfect last time just 2 days ago. And no more infection. I drink TONS of water and just water (beside my rrlt tea mix) everyday. No sodas or coffee or anything that is dehydrating. Everytime these practice runs come they get stronger and longer. It always makes me wonder if it is the real thing. But of course they will not go away when it is time and they will get stronger and stronger. I have just another 5 days until full term. 5 DAYS! OMG! Midwife wants her to stay until at least 38 weeks tho. We will see. Now that I can look at things clearly I think the labor prep work I am doing is working. And this is how my body tells me that it is. RRLT since 2nd tri and evening primerose oil since 34 weeks. And my cervix is already favorable for labor to start. For a FTM and an older mother I am beating the odds. I was told so many times by the doctors, before I switched, that induction could be a very real possibility because of my age and being a FTM my body wouldn't know what to do. Many FTM don't soften or thin at all before labor begins. So I think this is what I am feeling. And maybe some more slight dilatation. I am not going to get checked again until 38 weeks. I am just going to trust in my body. That being said I will go in if they come back and do not let up. lol cause then it is go time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search