Log In Sign Up

Will they still induce if you have a head cold?

Forum: 2014 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By isawastar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mousie, Kentucky
Posts: 940
I managed to get out and walk on Friday since it seemed that the crazy neighbors across the street put their infernal dogs up, and it was a gorgeous day. I had issues at first because another neighbor was burning leaves in his yard, and I have horrible asthma/allergies so I couldn't breathe. I just walked up the hill behind my house a bit and walked back and forth there for a while with DH instead, and figured all would be well. He pointed out that some trees were blooming, but I didn't really think a whole lot about it.

We came in after a while because it started getting dark. I still had energy and was in a great mood, so we danced around. It was really a great night - one of those awesome nights with DH that will always stand out in my mind.

Contractions had started up, which made me happy. That was the goal, after all. He wanted to go on in because they were relatively close together and more painful than before, but my belief is that if there's any question it's not time. I told him I'd be able to sleep through them, so therefore we needed to wait. We laid down, and they kept going but I fell asleep. A particularly strong one woke me up around 3 am, so I got up for a while to see what was going on (didn't have another strong one after that) and to my dismay my throat was sore.

Each time I woke up after that my throat was more sore. In the morning, my nose was completely plugged, my head pounding with sinus pressure, hearing muffled from fluid in my ears, and sneezing my head off. Contractions had become almost non-existent.

I read that getting sick can stop labor progression. I have never hated my allergies more than at this moment!

Luckily, as I start feeling a little better with the help of Tylenol and Benadryl the tightening is starting back up. My appointment is tomorrow, so I'm really hoping that nothing is postponed. We had been hoping that if we made it through the weekend, the doctor would agree to induce on Tuesday instead of Thursday. Do you think that's a possibility?
Reply With Quote
March 23rd, 2014, 04:26 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In yonder mountains
Posts: 9,339
I am sorry you are sick. It sucks. I really don't know about induction though. This is my first induction so I don't know all the rules. I feel this one is more of a individual by individual thing though.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
March 23rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,564
No idea. I am guessing if you had a fever it would be a no. I hope nothing is delayed.
Reply With Quote
March 24th, 2014, 05:17 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
You're FINALLY able to get outside and this happens! Geez! Sorry you're feeling so crappy. Not sure if they would move up the induction, I would think they would wait until Thursday to give you more time to recover. Labor is hard enough work as it is without feeling lousy on top of it! Hopefully you get some progression or answers!

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
Reply With Quote
March 24th, 2014, 05:49 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,186
I wouldn't think you'd want to move it up if you have a cold but I'm pretty sure they'd only delay induction for like infections and fevers and such. My friend just had a csection with a sinus thing going on- she was worried they wouldn't because of the anesthesia but they didn't seem concerned and a regular induction should be even less likely to reschedule!
Reply With Quote
March 24th, 2014, 09:18 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mousie, Kentucky
Posts: 940
The good news is that all the Benadryl and napping from yesterday has helped! I'm pretty sure it's allergy-related now because even just a half dose of Benadryl has such a huge impact on it. DH had a cold before I started sneezing and getting snotty, so we had assumed I caught it from him but I'm already doing better than he is. I still have sinus pressure, but since I'm allergic to everything under the sun that's just not going to go away until allergy season does.

My contracting and cramping even started back up last night! If we were to try to avoid a time when I had an allergy flareup at this time of year this kid would never come out, so if nothing else I'm hoping we can move it up to tomorrow while I'm having a bit of a break in the sneezing haha

We'll be finding out for sure in a few hours when the kiddo gets evicted! I'm so excited
MrsPalumbo likes this.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0