Special items for baby?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By NehaT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2014, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you bought anything specifically special or personalized for baby?

Do you have anything that has special meaning for baby?

Any special hand-me-downs?

March 23rd, 2014, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not that I can think of now, but today I had her in a gown that my boys wore as newborns and I got a little sentimental. I have a few of their sleepers too, and it will be sweet to use them again.
March 23rd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you bought anything specifically special or personalized for baby?
I bought her a onesie that says Little Sister Elaina. I bought Big sister and middle sister ones too. We bought letters to personalize her wall. I put up this tree decal in her room with 3d flowers. I saw the idea a couple of years ago and said if I ever have another girl this is what I am doing. : )

Do you have anything that has special meaning for baby? Once she is born my cousin will draw a picture of her to hang in her room. The girls each have one and they are amazing in detail.

Any special hand-me-downs?[/B] I have a ton of hand me downs. Some have special meaning. Some dresses were my moms, then my 3 sisters wore them, and my two older girls. My mom saved some of my dresses and outfits. Both my girls have worn all those. I have my coming home outfit that my oldest wore as her coming home outfit. I love getting pictures of the girls in that. And my godmother made my christening gown. Both my older girls wore it and Elaina will wear it at her christening this summer. Honestly, I love going through all the clothes I have. 98% are hand me downs. 6 years later I can still tell you who bought what and where it came from.
March 24th, 2014, 06:12 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
He has a gator pillow with his name on it and we had the UF Gator onesie made for him for our FB announcement. I just picked up the "Big Sister to a Little Mister" shirt for DD and the "Little Mister" onesie for Max. I love them!!As for special meaning, we have DW's bear from when she was little, along with a baby blanket her late grandmother made for her. I also have one of DD's gender neutral baby blankets that I held onto and will use for him. I got a little choked up when I found it and washed it When it comes to hand me downs, his closet and drawers are FULL of them! My sister just gave me another box full of clothes with the tags still on them. I have to reorganize his drawers for the millionth time now because they're already full. I have to put all of his holiday specific clothes into a storage container and all of his 6mo and up clothes in another. I'm coming to the point where I honestly don't know where to put it all. That's a good problem to have though!
kemper2.0 likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 24th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't bought anything personalized for him yet. My DH finally agreed on the middle name we were talking about - and his middle name is special, it's my dad's name.

I still need to go through my girl's clothes and pick out a few things that he can wear. And look through my baby blankets to see what we'll use for him.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 24th, 2014, 07:37 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have a little brother Dorian onsie. I made him a quilt and a receiving blanket. I made his blessing (christening) outfit as well. The quilt and blessing outfit are the really special ones to me.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 24th, 2014, 08:03 AM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
No personalized thing, because we havent made any decision on name. But yes tradition wise my relatives sent some stuff, rather jewelry. Little gold pendent woven in black thread, bracelet type combo of gold beads and black beads and silver anklet. My mom brought little heart shaped pendent and a gold chain for baby. Its in a tradition to wear those for few months. Gold gets absorbed by body and good for brain. Silver makes bone stronger... "Old saying"
kemper2.0 likes this.

March 24th, 2014, 09:42 AM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't have anything personalized for him, but will hopefully get someone to make a onesie for him to go with the one we had embroidered for my step-daughter (big sis / little bro). It's just gonna be a bit hard to find room to budget for a $20 onesie that isn't really necessary :\

We also don't really have much in way of special meaning for him, either. I wanted to do an elephant-themed nursery as a way of including my mom because she loved elephants, but we weren't even able to do that. I have a stuffed elephant of hers, and DH has a stuffed elephant that his grandmother made for him when he was little. That's as close as it gets, and I guess that those count as special hand-me-downs, but nothing special for just him really. It makes me sad.

As far as hand-me-downs go, his swing and the vast majority of his clothes were given to us. We were given 2 new outfits at our shower, as well as a few sleepers, and I ordered 4 clearance onesies myself. The rest of his clothes are used (and I'm very thankful to have them - we spent quite a bit getting everything else!)
March 24th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm making Arden a few special onesies & a little sister gown that will match L & E's big sibling shirts I plan on making. I also will make her several burp clothes & I bought this ADORABLE fabric that I'm going to make both of our girls matching rag quilts. If i can find the time I want to make them matching pillowcase dresses & Logan a shirt. I figure I can only get away with having them match for so long before they start vetoing that idea

As far as hand me downs she will have a ton, literally 5 tubs full of Eden's old clothes, haha. She will also be using the same crib L & E used, the same bedding E used & lots of other practical things that we have had since having Logan. There was only a few gender neutral items that we had with Logan as far as clothes go, but there is a ducky sleeper that I have pictures of both L & E in. I'm excited to get to put Arden in it as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search