Do you think my due date will change?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By MomTo3LittleBoys
  • 4 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 3 Post By THE angry uterus

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Mbwebb11212's Avatar Veteran
My LMP was 2/7/14 and I O'd on 2/24 or 2/25. According to my LMP my due date is 11/14 and I'm 9 weeks today. Do you my due date will change when I go in for my first US on 4/28?

April 11th, 2014, 07:23 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I would say yes if you are for sure when you ovulated. I ovulated around the 16th and my ultrasound matched perfectly. I am 9 weeks 4 days so I would say you are closer to 8.4 weeks

Im not sure if your doc will change it but if you want baby to be an accurate age then I would ask himto change it and tell him you know when you ovulated.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
April 11th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Mbwebb11212's Avatar Veteran
That's what I'm thinking. If i go by my O date I'm either 8.4 or 8.5 depending on the date.

April 11th, 2014, 07:28 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had the exact same cycles... I went in for my U/S on Tuesday and by my calculations, was 8w4d then (9 weeks today) and she said I was measuring 3 days behind. So, by her calculations I'd be 8w4d today.

I think its normal for them to change your EDD a couple times..... I dont think I've heard of any pregnancies where they are measuring right on track throughout the entire thing.
ETA: I'm just leaving my ticker for now.....since I know it will probably change again! And so this would mean I must have ovulated on the 24th.

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!

Last edited by KellJoO; April 11th, 2014 at 07:33 AM.
April 11th, 2014, 07:31 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
The first ultrasound is the most accurate. If you had a scan at 20 weeks they wont change it then. Its not as accurate the further along in pregnancy. They should go off your first scan for your due date.
MandyRS likes this.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
April 11th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
If you know your ovulation date for certain, they will go by that. Mine is all messed up because it was right after my miscarriage. So, when they ask me, I say "adjusted LMP date is February 6" (ovulation date minus two weeks) it just makes things easier. And if you know your ovulation date, then EDD wouldn't change.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 11th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My docs office doesn't change unless there is more then 5 days difference between measurements and LMP. If you're concerned you can say you got your period later then you did. In my experience docs and midwives scoff at you when you say you know you ovulated on such and such a day.
April 11th, 2014, 10:17 AM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
My docs office doesn't change unless there is more then 5 days difference between measurements and LMP. If you're concerned you can say you got your period later then you did. In my experience docs and midwives scoff at you when you say you know you ovulated on such and such a day.
This has been my experience too

I would just keep it in mind so if baby is measuring smaller than your LMP date then all is still well.

#10 due 11/15/14
April 11th, 2014, 11:24 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They totally scoff, snicker and roll their eyes. It's so obnoxious! Like we can't possibly know better than they do about our own bodies. But I was right on the money, and they did change my due date based on the 3 day difference. I absolutely agree that the first u/s is the most accurate, when most babies tend to measure right on the money. After that, genetics and the ultimate size the baby will be at birth start to impact the measurements, but not your due date as far as I understand.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
April 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My only concern would be that first time moms usually carry over, so if they keep you at your LMP and its off quite a bit, then they might try to unnecessarily induce you for being "over" (which is expected anyway for FTMs).
April 11th, 2014, 02:57 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB's have always gone off of my LMP for Due Dates...even though I O late and have a longer cycle. I have been brought in my charts with temps and still be *giggled* at. If you KNOW when this baby was made let the doctor say what he wants but keep your own DD in mind.

April 12th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
In my experience docs and midwives scoff at you when you say you know you ovulated on such and such a day.
Yup. Mine did. She rolled her eyes at me and then put the date in that I had just told her was incorrect. Then the baby measured exactly to the date I told her. In my case, it's a difference of more than a week, so it made a difference.

After I went through the whole thing with the third practitioner in a row, she told me to tell them "my adjusted date is..." and don't give them the other date at all.

I find it insulting and rather condescending that the prevailing attitude is "we know more about you than you do."

One angel baby - 1/22/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 12th, 2014, 12:46 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unless you're irregular and need a dating u/s, I wouldn't change anything. 1 day off isn't going to make a difference. The dating u/s can be off by 3 days in either direction.

April 13th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Super Mommy
I was just talking to my sister about this. She got pregnant the day her husband returned from Iraq. Not only did they not believe her, and put her dates a full week earlier, but they also accused her of cheating on her husband right in front of him.

One angel baby - 1/22/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search