Monday Moans!!!

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By bluewren
  • 4 Post By epsilonbeta
  • 2 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lets hear those whines an woes!

April 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 5 angel babies
where to begin ...

DH threw his back out last week, but getting him to relax is nearly impossible. he doesn't want to take any meds and he doesn't want to not work, but i can never just lay and relax. so i forced him to take an epsom salt bath last night, i swear he was more tightly wound then before he went in.

Kale woke up this morning complaining of throat pain. DH brought him by my office and his tonsils were insanely swollen. told him to take Kale to urgent care where, suprise suprise, he has strep. so now i have to cram an entire day of work into about 5 hours because i have to leave early this afternoon to take care of them because they can't be in daycare for 24hrs.

Keegan has a horrible diaper rash due to his diarrhea.

the dang dog bit Keegan saturday night out of the blue because he stole some of Keegan's eggo, and while Keegan went to get it back, he was bitten. mind you i was still in the kitchen cleaning up when this happened. Charlie (dog) has never bitten before, but i swear he had a death wish that night.
April 14th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma!
The what-I thought-was-an asthma cough apparently is not...now it is a constant dry-to-phlegmy cough that also causes sharp pain on the left side of my mid-back every time I cough...

I left a msg with my Midwife asking if I should go to a walk in (can't get in to see my doctor until Thursday) because the Ontario tele-health nurse told to see a doctor in the "next four hours"...no response from my midwifyet and not sure what to do

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 14th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
I scratched a car parking at the Park and Ride this morning while attempting to park....

I didn't even know I was touching it until I was straight in the spot and heard a slight pop sound of the two cars no longer touching each other....I grazed it at just the right pressure/angle to leave a mark though.

I was honest and filed a police report about it - but I still feel silly that it happened.

As far as car accidents go - I suppose this is a best case scenario - slight damage and no one is hurt - just ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
I left a msg with my Midwife asking if I should go to a walk in (can't get in to see my doctor until Thursday) because the Ontario tele-health nurse told to see a doctor in the "next four hours"...no response from my midwifyet and not sure what to do
I would go to the walk-in - just to be safe; you have had that cough for a while now. I wouldn't stress about getting in this afternoon if the wait time is too long, but I would go tomorrow morning if you haven't heard back from your mid-wife. The good news is Tele-health didn't tell you to go to the hospital, which tends to be there go to advice, so that is encouraging.

Let us know how it goes! *hugs*
April 14th, 2014, 10:58 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I'm feeling generally crappy today. Decided to work from home. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears and I've got a dull annoying headache because of it. Trouble is, the more I'm home, the more I try and get done while here too, I can' t just sit down and work on my laptop. I walk through a room and see something that needs done I have to do it.

April 14th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did WAY too much around the house yesterday and my body hates me today

My DH got sick last night.... bad sore throat..... so he's in bed. This sucks, not only because he's sick, but also because I have my real estate exam retake on Wednesday and I was counting on him to entertain our DD today so I could study..... that's not happening now.

Boo.
April 14th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Just feeling like crap lately. Contractions, feeling nauseous today, dizzy.. tired!!
My son has been extremely difficult lately too. Ready for a break!

11/23/2015 - at 8.5 weeks
April 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Veteran
The GD Diet sucks big time. My morning fasting numbers were super high. DH does not want to paint the nursery pink. My friends who have girls said if we don't paint it pink now we will likely be repainting it in a couple of years. On a positive note, DS1 is almost out of the nursery and some friends came over and helped switch some furniture between floors. I have an hour or two of work to do to get him totally set upstairs in his jumbo sized newly painted room.
April 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel S View Post
I scratched a car parking at the Park and Ride this morning while attempting to park....

I didn't even know I was touching it until I was straight in the spot and heard a slight pop sound of the two cars no longer touching each other....I grazed it at just the right pressure/angle to leave a mark though.

I was honest and filed a police report about it - but I still feel silly that it happened.

As far as car accidents go - I suppose this is a best case scenario - slight damage and no one is hurt - just ego.

I didn't scratch a car but it took me almost 10 minutes to straighten my car when I was backing into a spot today...some guy decided to park right beside me while I was doing it too so that made it more difficult, I was almost in tears for no real reason and he rolled his eyes at me as he got out of his car and left...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel S View Post
I would go to the walk-in - just to be safe; you have had that cough for a while now. I wouldn't stress about getting in this afternoon if the wait time is too long, but I would go tomorrow morning if you haven't heard back from your mid-wife. The good news is Tele-health didn't tell you to go to the hospital, which tends to be there go to advice, so that is encouraging.

Let us know how it goes! *hugs*
...I just got back from the walk in, the doctor is not sure whether it's just localized muscle and rib pain from the pressure of baby and the constant coughing, or if it could be something worse. So she had me do a pee test to check my kidney function (and it's fine), she gave me a prescription just in case it was/is pneumonia and if I don't feel better by the time I'm done the prescription then I have to talk to my doctor about getting a chest x-ray to see if I have pleurisy (a pocket of fluid from infection between the lung lining and the lining of the chest cavity). I really don't want to have any x-rays while pregnant so here's hoping it's just localized pressure pain in my ribs/back muscle and/or the antibiotics do the trick!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
April 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM
PoppetsMom's Avatar Veteran
I can't tell if it's just pregnancy induced excessive mucous production or allergies.. with the weather here, it could even be a cold trying to come on.. UGH.. I can't BREATHE, compounded by Poppet hugging my lungs I'm feeling completely miserable. Nothing tastes good, I can't smell anything. I'm having braxton hicks contractions in my back, making me feel that old injury all over again.. I want to crawl back in bed but there's so much that needs to get done that I can't put off...

Who made dishwashers so low to the ground? I feel like I'm going to fall in anymore.
April 14th, 2014, 04:04 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm finally able to sit down and I now need to pee.
PoppetsMom likes this.

April 14th, 2014, 04:55 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
It's Monday.
April 14th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm within a 100 mile radius of my mother. That is all.
Britt3 and Missymoos like this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search