No kicks yet...and other vents..

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By m.a.m.a.to.3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Hello again! As previously mentioned I'm due september 23rd. In my close group of friends there is 5 of us currently pregnant! 3 of us are due in september (all within a week of each other!) and two others are due mid october. This is second baby for all of us. While I HATE to compare, its' hard not to.
For starters I'm so jealous that they all made the 2.5 hour drive for early determination (meanwhile we didnt have the means to so have to wait until May 8th to know) It really sucks not knowing and its putting me in a such a funk, watching them all swap baby stuff, or sell off stuff from their first babies, and I can't buy any of it since Idk and it will all be gone by the time I do. I feel so left out.
To add salt to wound.. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, even the ones due a full month later, are constantly gushing about the kicks. and I haven't felt a single one. I'm right about 17w now, and I really thought I would by now with it being second pregnancy.
April 17th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
I am sorry you feel left out :-( I know it is hard not to compare .. still try!

This is my 6th pregnancy and I am 17 weeks too ... still not feeling too much either.

Hugs
Jysnider likes this.
April 17th, 2014, 06:19 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
This is my 4th pregnancy and I'm nearly 17 weeks too. I haven't felt anything that I can say is baby for sure. My doctor hasn't even found the heartbeat on the doppler yet, has had to use the u/s machine to show me that the baby is fine. I have no idea if I'm having a boy or girl yet either, so I understand. Hopefully you'll be feeling the baby soon and know if it's a boy or girl.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
April 17th, 2014, 08:21 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my 4th and I am not feeling much of anything yet. I am due the 24th. Hang in there..

April 17th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
That would definitely make you feel left out, I'm sorry. Can you in on some of the fun baby swaps with neutral prints/colors? We were given a whole bunch of clothes by my cousin who had a boy last year. We've only had to pull out a few clothes as being too boy (mostly because they mention "boy" or "son" on them lol). At least then you could get to do a little bit of the fun stuff.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
April 18th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am also due sept 23, but this is my 4th. I am not feeling movement either. I found out this week my placenta is in the front which will make me not feel them as soon, could be the same for you!

April 18th, 2014, 06:36 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
Like some of the ladies mentioned, has your dr. mentioned anterior placenta at all? That may be why you're not feeling much. Or maybe you just have a calm baby and in a few weeks when he/she starts growing you're gonna wish they'd settle down a bit I'm sorry you have to wait longer, though. That's gotta be tough. That's an awful lot of hormones in one group of friends!!! Haha. When it comes though, it'll be just as special Hang in there!
April 18th, 2014, 08:02 AM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having my third and I didn't feel much til this last week. Hang in there. It will happen Everyone is different and every pregnancy too.

April 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not feeling to much but I have a very anterior placenta. It's sitting right smack in the center. Unless baby moves to one side or another I feel nothing! This is my 5th. I feel your pain!!!!

April 18th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Super Mommy
like the others have said! hang in there! im 20 weeks tomorrow and not feeling too much yet either just subtle kicks.
April 18th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeliRevels View Post
Like some of the ladies mentioned, has your dr. mentioned anterior placenta at all? That may be why you're not feeling much. Or maybe you just have a calm baby and in a few weeks when he/she starts growing you're gonna wish they'd settle down a bit I'm sorry you have to wait longer, though. That's gotta be tough. That's an awful lot of hormones in one group of friends!!! Haha. When it comes though, it'll be just as special Hang in there!
No he hasn't. Had an Ultrasound at 12weeks and baby was moving EVERYWHERE.. too small to feel obviously. And yea.. playdates this summer are going to be interesting.. and we live in the 500 degree mojave desert....
April 18th, 2014, 06:19 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an anterior placenta and he smashes his face and body into it lol I've only felt very minimal movement maybe 3 times... and definitely not kicks! I'm sorry you're feeling left out. The time will come though!
1:50pm
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡

Tags
frustration , kicks , pregnancy , vent

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search