Nameless

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Anyone still completely clueless on names for baby?

We throw around names every now and then and it seems we kinda sorta like something then we change our minds, or we can't even find something we like.

I want to be in love with the name we choose but it feels like we are never going to find one.
April 23rd, 2014, 08:40 AM
bugz
My girl name is pretty much decided on, I just have to choose a middle name. Clementine Evelyn/Eleanor/Emelia. But that is literally the only girl name I like. And if SO decides he doesn't like it, we're pretty much screwed.

For a boy, there are no names that I like and will use. There are about 5 that I really like and wanted to use, but they are all on the top 100 list and that's a no-no for me. I want a name that's no where near the top 100, but people still recognize it and it's not made up.
April 23rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Girl's first name is nailed down, but I'm still toying with middle names. Hubby wants to use my second name but I think it sounds bulky, so we're still debating.

We have absolutely nothing for a boy. I just don't seem to like anything.

Brock Cody, born sleeping @41 weeks (10/23/2014)
Nathan George, our rainbow, arrived @38 weeks (10/8/2015)

thursdaythe23rd.wordpress.com
April 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Veteran
I'm struggling for boys names still. I'm having the same problem as bugz, the only names I like are more popular ones which really puts me off them but I wouldn't want to go the other way and have a name no one's ever heard of either. I'm just hoping something will jump out at me nearer the time!
April 23rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Hoping for baby #2
Nothing here, the stars just aligned for Christian's name after his gender reveal so I'm hoping that will just happen again.
Mrs.Rose likes this.

April 23rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will you be finding out the gender? It might help narrow down the list .

We are pretty set on both of our names, but I am not sure if that is better than being undecided since this morning when our friend announced he had found out the gender for the baby he is expecting in September, the first thought that pop into my mind was ' I hope he doesn't name her the name we have picked' . I felt pretty ridiculous after having that thought lol!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
April 23rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by meld10 View Post
We are pretty set on both of our names, but I am not sure if that is better than being undecided since this morning when our friend announced he had found out the gender for the baby he is expecting in September, the first thought that pop into my mind was ' I hope he doesn't name her the name we have picked' . I felt pretty ridiculous after having that thought lol!
This is exactly what happened to me and hubby with our boys' name, but it was his brother that picked the same name we wanted, and they were both inspired by the same person, so I guess it made sense. It was still really depressing. Luckily, we don't know any other pregnant people, so our girls' name is safe.

Brock Cody, born sleeping @41 weeks (10/23/2014)
Nathan George, our rainbow, arrived @38 weeks (10/8/2015)

thursdaythe23rd.wordpress.com
April 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvera View Post
This is exactly what happened to me and hubby with our boys' name, but it was his brother that picked the same name we wanted, and they were both inspired by the same person, so I guess it made sense. It was still really depressing. Luckily, we don't know any other pregnant people, so our girls' name is safe.
Oh no!!! A friend's child with the same name as ours could be okay if we don't see them that often (especially for my girl name since I am more set on it) but a cousin with the same name is a bit different. I hope you find another boys' name to fall in love with .

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
April 23rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Veteran
We haven't even talked about it yet, and I haven't given it too much thought. Once we find out the gender we'll figure things out.

DD 11
DD 5
DS 2
Boy #2 due 10/27/14

April 23rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't really given it much thought yet, I have my anatomy scan on May 9th and hopefully find out the sex then so after that we will start putting some real effort into it.
April 23rd, 2014, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Try not to worry. Your baby will not remain nameless forever! With my 3 kids now, their names have changed right at the end of my pregnancies. I am fairly certain that this little girl will be keeping her name, especially since my kids refer to her by name and not "the baby" anymore.
HalfDozen and Mrs.Rose like this.
DD2:4
DS: 2
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
April 23rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Normally DH and fight about it until right up until the end but this one we had it right off the bat and we are both very happy with it! I could careless about where the name I choose falls on the top 100 list. If it happens to fall there then so be it. I normally look for the meaning and the name follows. Unless it's a name of someone I really dislike or dated, I am willing to consider it pending the meaning of said name. This one will be Samantha Grace.
Mrs.Rose and twoandonecoming like this.

April 23rd, 2014, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even thght about names my dd keeps oh coming up with ridiculous one but she's only 7 so I try not to be to harsh x
Mrs.Rose likes this.

April 23rd, 2014, 06:00 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't even think about names until we know the gender. Even then, we probably won't have any narrowed down until way later.

April 23rd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much.

I 100% have my girls name chosen, but DH doesn't like it at all.

Boys names we've got nothing at all.
Mrs.Rose likes this.

April 23rd, 2014, 06:06 PM
Veteran
The boy name is pretty set. Girl we have a list of 14 and we never want to delete one. So we are struggling a bit
April 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3Three is company too<3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
We don't have any names picked out yet, and I'm so hoping df wont be too difficult to agree with. I have a girls name that I love, but he doesn't like it
Phoenix (2), Fox
and due with our rainbow 3/5/18
April 23rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We won't decide until I'm in the hospital, or maybe until we see the little one.

New picture in progress......
April 24th, 2014, 04:27 AM
Mom97's Avatar Veteran
We aren't even discussing names until we know the gender!

Emily 17, Miriam 13, Annella 11, Eva 9, Audra 7, Eden 6, Roman 3, Vita 17 months and
expecting #9 October 30, 2014!!

April 24th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by meld10 View Post
Will you be finding out the gender? It might help narrow down the list .

We are finding out the gender, not by my choice... majority rules. I was out numbered 3 to 1. I am hoping it helps but for some reason I feel like this baby will be one of those that doesn't have name until right before we are discharged from the hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search