I am so relieved!!!!

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By Mommy2JH
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By Wish44

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Got my GBS results back today and they are NEGATIVE!!!! I am so thrilled, I can't even imagine having to go through the crap that all those antibiotics did to me and DD last time.

WOO HOO!
njkatc and bluewren like this.
May 16th, 2014, 07:27 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
YAY! I got negative results back today too but had never realized it was a big deal.
May 16th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on a continuous drip of antibiotics while I was in labor (almost 17 hours(.... which resulted in both myself and DD getting horrid thrush, which affected my milk supply and her latch. I also strongly believe it was a huge contributing factor to all the skin problems (associated with excess candida.... ) she's had.

Happy yours was negative as well!
May 17th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma!
I don't get mine back until my next appointment on Thursday - fingers crossed!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
May 17th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also got mine back yesterday---negative. I'm so relieved because my body does not react well to antibiotics. I always end up with a yeast infection, so I was really worried about thrush and breastfeeding.
May 17th, 2014, 08:04 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I tested positive with both kiddos. With Betsy, I had the IV drip as well -- I didn't realize that could have been a contributing factor for thrush (which we had a terrible, terrible time with after she was born!).

Glad to see you're in the clear!
May 17th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yaaaaay!!!! I hated it lwst time! So glad ur neg!!!! I find out next apt, I think friday? Fingers crossed fpr everyone!!!!

May 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM
trusting and believing
That is good news. I almost always get a skin fungus (yeast) after a course of antibiotics and so does my 3yo DS. I'd never even thought about how it could cause thrush in the baby if you have to get the antibiotic IV during labor.

How long does it take for results? I just got swabbed on Thursday.

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
May 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayepink View Post
That is good news. I almost always get a skin fungus (yeast) after a course of antibiotics and so does my 3yo DS. I'd never even thought about how it could cause thrush in the baby if you have to get the antibiotic IV during labor.

How long does it take for results? I just got swabbed on Thursday.
I was swabbed on Tuesday and got my results back on Friday.
jayepink likes this.
May 17th, 2014, 12:24 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I get my results on Tuesday.

Ladies who test positive, get yourself some probiotics and start taking them immediately after birth if not sooner. Re-establishing your micro biome after a heavy dose of antibiotics will help stave off fungal infections.
Britt3 and jayepink like this.

May 17th, 2014, 04:33 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Neg also. My sister tested positive and had some issues post birth as well. Glad you're all clear!

May 17th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Veteran
I tested positive with DS2 and had the iv antibiotics. As soon as I was discharged I started taking a probiotic. My lactation consultant had me get the capsules and I opened one in a small container and would dampen my finger and dip it in the powder then let DS suck that small amount off my finger. Thankfully we never had any issues from the antibiotics.
jayepink likes this.
Mommy of 3 boys!J(10) H (7) G (1)Baby #4 due 4/23/2016

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
May 17th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Veteran
I never had gbs, but ran a fever when in labor with baby 1 and was given antibiotics. He ended up with thrush. I never connected the two.
May 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I was positive with my first - but we just took the necessary precautions before considering the antibiotics. (made sure my waters weren't broken for more than 18-24 hours {water actually broke after his head was out} and that I didn't have a fever, etc etc) Everything turned out perfectly fine.

This time I'm eating yogurt with probiotics now, and I'll stick with that daily until birth at least. I should be getting tested this week or at my next appointment.
We will take the same necessary precautions before considering the IV- IF I'm positive again.
jayepink likes this.

11/23/2015 - at 8.5 weeks
May 19th, 2014, 03:11 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I get tested tomorrow! I was negative with my DS so hoping I am with DD as well!
May 20th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
Now you have me concerned.

I did the swab last Wednesday and see my doctor again next Wednesday...

My issue is that I have a penicillan sensitivity. I do not respond well to it, thus whenever possible I opt for an alternative. The doctor is aware of this and said if I tested postitive he would look for some good alternatives but off hand didn't have any in mind.

Fingers crossed my results come back negative.
May 20th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel S View Post
Now you have me concerned.

I did the swab last Wednesday and see my doctor again next Wednesday...

My issue is that I have a penicillan sensitivity. I do not respond well to it, thus whenever possible I opt for an alternative. The doctor is aware of this and said if I tested postitive he would look for some good alternatives but off hand didn't have any in mind.

Fingers crossed my results come back negative.
I'm also allergic to penicillin and know that there is an alternative. I wouldn't worry, as penicillin allergies are fairly common. Hopefully your test comes back negative and you won't have to worry! Fingers crossed!
Mel S likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search