The freezer meals I put together today...

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bluewren
  • 2 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By Mel S

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2014, 04:07 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I spent part of my day making "dump" slow cooker freezer meals since DH can make ramen, boxed mac 'n cheese and order take-out. I selected recipes from my Pinterest boards based on what I had in the pantry or knew I could get for a good price. It was also important that the finished meal would be flexible with sides and/or additions. I'm sure we will be eating a lot of brown rice since I also have a rice cooker. LOL

I'd like to do some freezer sides within the next week or so but I'm starting to run out of steam.

San Francisco Chops (used a pork loin instead of chops) - San Francisco Chops {Slow Cooker} | Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Tacos - Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Tacos - Who Needs A Cape?
Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe - http://addapinch.com/cooking/2013/07...erloin-recipe/
Meatball Subs - Slow Cooker Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/68398488065479956/
Lazy Day Stew - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/68398488065479953/
Easy Crockpot Mongolian Beef - Easy Crockpot Mongolian Beef - Who Needs A Cape?
Beef Stroganoff - Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff - Beef Entrees Recipe from 30 Day Gourmet Freezer Cooking
Balsamic Glazed Drumsticks (I used thighs) - Crockpot Balsamic Glazed Drumsticks - Who Needs A Cape?
Maple Dijon Chicken Thighs - Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken Thighs - Who Needs A Cape?
Applesauce BBQ Chicken - Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe - Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe | Six Sisters' Stuff
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps - Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps | Skinnytaste

---

I had these on my original list but opted for just freezing the portioned meat since I'd rather use freshly browned beef...

Beef Taco Meat - A Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures: Beef Taco Meat - Walking Tacos
Country Hamburger Lentil Soup - Country Hamburger Lentil Soup - Crock-Pot Recipe - Food.com
Mel S likes this.

May 20th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma!
I keep meaning to make a bunch from the recipes I posted almost a month agao (or more than a month ago...?) but admittedly, I'm pretty spoiled b/c Ryan does most of the cooking in our house

So I know he'll come home from work and make dinner regardless of GingerBean being here or not...what I really need to do is convince him that we need to buy and install a diswasher!
bluewren and Mel S like this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Last edited by Missymoos; May 20th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
May 20th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Super Mommy
Those look tasty!

I still have it on my list of 'To Do' items (put together freezer meals) - but my DH has been pretty insistant that we don't NEED them as he will be home and can cook for me...while I trust him and his abilities, I still think some freezer meals are a good idea (that way my kitchen stays tidier too, lol).
bluewren likes this.
May 20th, 2014, 04:22 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
I keep meaning to make a bunch from the recipes I posted almost a month agao (or more than a month ago...?) but admittedly, I'm pretty spoiled b/c Ryan does most of the cooking in our house

So I know he'll come home from work and make dinner regardless of GingerBean being here or not...what I really need to do is convince him that we need to buy and install a diswasher!
It would be awesome if Steve knew how to cook but alas he does not. At least anything that would sustain a family for several days/weeks.

I hear you on the dishwasher. We did not have one at this house until DS was a few months old and it was an AMAZING change.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search