MIA and other stuff

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2014, 06:53 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
So, I took a few days break to spend time with DS at the beach. Now he is gone to his father's for the summer. I wont see him for a month. Yesterday we drove from DC to Quebec city to visit DH friends and family for 3 weeks. I feel - well - crappy. Not for one reason, but a mountain. Many of you know the background for this list so I wont elaborate, but thanks for letting me vent.

1) I am tired, I am not sleeping, I am having bad morning sickness, and I hate 15 hour car rides. I have to pee every 2 minutes. I am going through a phase of food aversions. Im over it already. I have no idea how to make it the next 2 months....

2) I miss my son already. I dont want to be away from him this long. It is hurting my heart.

3) I miss my dog. After 16 years with her there is such a hole in my life now.

4) I really dont like my MIL at all and am not looking forward to seeing her today, tomorrow, or any/every day over the next 3 weeks. I mean I really dont like her. I will post more on this in the Oven.

5) I dont want to be a mom this week. 1st world problems - but no nanny for the time here in Quebec and I have a ton of work to do. Also, Quebec has a festival every year at this time - with bands (and band friends) I really want to see from The Killers to AWOL Nation to The Crystal Method. I am simply no longer a youngster that can do these things. Im old.

6) I dont speak french. My fault I guess but I will be living in a bubble the next three weeks as I lack any understanding of what it happening around me. And not in the "Im on vacation adventure" kind of way. (At least I dont know what my MIL is saying - silver lining.)

OK - so I guess that is it for now. The plus side is (and the only real important thing) is that baby is healthy - and I am certainly not having the scares that others on the board are.....which is definitely perspective.

I hope everyone is doing well and all these babies continue to stay put and bake for a lot longer. I couldnt believe all the doc and l&d scares over the past few days! ACK. Be well my mama friends!!!!!
xoxo

July 1st, 2014, 07:39 AM
Super Mommy
Hugs to you! Hopefully part of your vacation will just be unexpectedly lovely and you will find yourself having an amazing time.

Your MIL does sound a bit ... ehh ... well like a challenge... sending you peaceful vibes to deal with her for the coming weeks.

Yeah for healthy baby and pregnancy ... maybe something delicious to eat will pop up on the menu every day to keep you happy
July 1st, 2014, 09:33 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
Oops. I posted in the Oven before reading this. I hope the visit goes by quick and isn't too stressful for you.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
July 1st, 2014, 09:52 AM
Veteran
Vent away, we all need to in order to stay sane.I usually avoid my mil, usualky works if not. Kill her with kindness. My mil hates it ha ha , so fun.
Ive never been away from my son so i dont know how you feel but hang in there, he will be back soonish.

Try to focus on you and what keeps you happy, its good for the baby.
July 1st, 2014, 10:10 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it goes well and is over quickly for you!

July 1st, 2014, 04:27 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
*hugs* It would be so hard to travel at this point in pregnancy-- especially with the heat we're having!

I hope there is some enjoyment for you during your vacation-- and that the next 3 week fly by!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 1st, 2014, 05:08 PM
Super Mommy
I am sorry that you have to miss your babies, son and doggie. ((hugs)) I hope the time in Quebec goes quickly for you and maybe something along the way will make it feel like a vacation.
July 2nd, 2014, 06:39 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
*hugs* It would be so hard to travel at this point in pregnancy-- especially with the heat we're having!

I hope there is some enjoyment for you during your vacation-- and that the next 3 week fly by!
Yeah, what is UP with this heat!!!!!????? I thought I was escaping DC summers. Gah!

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I hope I am back to my perky self soon. Like.....in three weeks!

July 2nd, 2014, 06:42 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxcrew View Post
Yeah, what is UP with this heat!!!!!????? I thought I was escaping DC summers. Gah!

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I hope I am back to my perky self soon. Like.....in three weeks!
Our weather has been so bonkers. We seriously went straight from Winter (which lasted WAY TOO FREAKING LONG!!) to Summer over night. The heat has been insane the last few days...and I think we're in for a potential hurricane this weekend.

I think mother nature is pregnant too...how else do you explain these swings? lol
lemieuxcrew likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 2nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok that just sounds like it's going to be a not fun 3 weeks at all. I'm not going to go all Pollyanna on you, it's a lot of things going on. I can't imagine being without DS for that long. Actually I can because I've had to do it with DD when DH and I were divorced for those couple of years and it's like the worst feeling on earth even if you know it'll only last a few weeks. Just do a day at a time and soon it'll be over and you can go back to normal life.

DD- 4 years, May 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search