Share your birth stories!

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By bandriessen
  • 2 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By xzippedx
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By topato
  • 1 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 1 Post By kto1111
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Being a FTM I'm starting to feel...anxious, worried, excited....a million emotions about delivery. I love reading birth stories- especially ones that detail when you knew you were in real labor, how many weeks you were at the time, the whole experience! It's been helping me alot!

Would any of you BTDT moms care to share? I would appreciate it and I'm sure several others would as well!! Thanks!!!
Shades of Grey, Caerus and KHawk like this.
1:50pm
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡
July 21st, 2014, 03:56 AM
psh1's Avatar FirstTimeMom
Thats a great idea. Even i had discharge ? Leaking yesterday and packed bags to go hospital. I had painful contractions kind of which are different from regular BH menstrual like. I m still having them but no leaking, will call my doc today morning if she want me to visit her or hospital
July 21st, 2014, 04:43 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Each of mine have been so different.

ds1---I was induced at 40 weeks exactly. The only thing I really remember was the dreaded "ring of fire" burn that usually happens as baby is crowning (head is visible and starting to come out). It was horrible. That being said, out of all my labors, I've only felt it one other time. I pushed about 2 hours total. You'll probably know when you need to push, even if you have an epidural. It will feel like you have to go poop right.now. They'll have you take a deep breath and start to push while they sloooooowly count to 10. You'll want to shoot them.

dd1---I was induced at 37 weeks (due to pregnancy-induced hypertension) and labored forever. It was like 27 hours. It was progressing slowly so I was given Cyto-something to help thin out my cervix. I was also given a sleeping pill and told to rest as it would take a few hours to work. It took 30 minutes and I ended up waking dh up by throwing something at him and telling him to get the nurse and that I had to push NOW. He came back without the nurse and said that she said it was too soon. I sent him back out and the stupid nurse came back in complaining that it was too early---then she checked me and called out for the ob as dd was already making her way out. It was my most painful birth experience (despite dd1 being my smallest baby) as my epidural had worn off. BUT there was no "ring of fire" feeling!

ds3---I was SO calm and focused when I delivered ds3! I was induced at 39 weeks and my labor was about 9 hours long. He was my biggest baby and one of my easiest labors. I just focused and didn't stress. I'm not even sure how I managed to do this.

dd2---this one's funny because I didn't even know I was in labor. I had eaten some Mexican food for dinner and went to bed a few hours later. Around 12 am, I woke up with what I thought was a bad case of indigestion. I decided to call dh (we were separated at the time and didn't live together) and tell him that I needed to go to the hospital, just in case. He picked me up and when we got to the hospital, I could barely walk. He went to park the truck after I insisted that I was fine and could make it to the L&D ward by myself. Well, by the time I got checked, I was dilated to 6. Had dd2 about two hours later. Fairly easy labor. Minimal pushing (less than 30 minutes). I was 2 days past my due date.

ds4---Another easy labor albeit with the "ring of fire" feeling. He was my second largest baby. Also induced (at 39 weeks and a few days). Took about 7 hours with maybe and hour of pushing. This was the one I had to try and hold in until dh made it back to the hospital (we were new to town and he got lost).

ds5---Once again, I was induced (again, around 39 weeks and a few days). I was literally laughing and joking with the dr and dh WHILE I was pushing. Ds5 slid out and I said, "Already?? I could seriously do that again right.now." It was nothing. It was awesome!

dd3---Induced again (again, just past 39 weeks). This was another easy labor and delivery. She came fast! I pushed all of two times. The dr actually got up and left to check on another patient, saying as she was leaving that I'd be a while longer. Almost as soon as she left, the nurse had to run out and get her and dh assumed a catchers position as dd started coming out. Dr barely made it back in time.

My recoveries have been super easy. In fact, after ds4 was born and we left the hospital, I dropped dh off at home and took all the kids grocery shopping. That being said, this is not the "norm".

I have torn with some and had to have an episiotomy with others (and neither with others). Both sound worse than they actually feel (in my case, I didn't really feel either of them happening, I was told during delivery). Contractions are a ***** and I usually get my epidurals when i am about 4 cm dilated as that's the point at which it generally becomes too uncomfortable for me (is it bad that I have a "usual" when it comes to giving birth?! lol). Contractions start in your back and radiate towards the front of your stomach; you can feel them coming and it feels as if your entire stomach is being squeezed around the middle. That feeling lasts about 30-45 seconds and then tapers off. The time it takes between contractions depends on how far you are in your labor.
Caerus and FlyingFlower like this.

July 21st, 2014, 06:12 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #3
on the evening of december 20th 2012 i remember i started to get these constant BH contractions, one stops and another immediately starts, they did not hurt but they were enough to have me gasping for air! after 2 hours waiting for them to pass i decided to pop in L&D for a quick check up (I was due the next day) they monitored me for some time and checked my cervix with was closed completely, they said baby will not be coming anytime soon so i'm probably just dehydrated (i was sheduled for an induction on christmas eve) they wanted me to spend the night there so they could keep an eye on me but i decided against it since i only live about 15 mins away from the hospital so i signed a piece of paper and left only to return if these contractions get any worse, I arrived home at 1am had a quick shower and went to bed at around 2am, slept like a baby!
woke up at around 4am to period like cramping, it felt EXACTLY like i was going to get my period right then and there so i woke my BF up to tell him im getting my period. (yes at that moment i seriously forgot i was pregnant) he got up and gave me the weirdest look. I tried to sleep through it but it started to get worse and worse, so i called L&D and they confirmed it was the start of real contractions but since my water did not break then they told me to take a hot bath and sit in it until i felt better, so i took a warm bubble bath just like they said (which did help) i got up to get out of the bath and i felt a HUGE popping sound and a huge kick (just like when baby kicks you hard on the cervix) it was strong enough that i couldn't stand still, i managed to get dressed and went back to sit on the bed then i started peeing on myself, it lasted for about 3 mins (water was greenish color - later confirmed it was because baby pooped inside of me)
so with that i went in to L&D they gave me IV's at around 7am,
contractions started to hurt really bad by then, i did not want to stay in there i seriously wanted to get up and leave but i couldnt get out of the bed lol i took the gas mask to help me relax which it did as me and BF ending up giggling together. they checked me again at around 9am and i went from 0-3, ordered my epidural got it at around 10am (told them to switch it to FULL -thank you very much) and i managed to sleep till 11.30! (BONUS) woke up to find myself 8cm dilated (woohoo)
then i started to get a pushing feeling! same like you're going to - you know, and thats what i thought i was going to do, so i tried to hold it in lol but the feeling kept coming with more force and more pressure, you will feel baby's head moving down, and gave birth to Braylon at 1.30pm, i needed about 5 stitches after which were a pain in *** (literally) and i couldnt sit down properly for a couple of weeks
Caerus likes this.
July 21st, 2014, 06:12 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
This will be long, but here is DD's birth story:
My little angel is here She arrived on October 10th at 4:54am, weighing 5lbs 5oz!

Here's how it all happened:

9am on October 9th (38w 4d), I had my first round of cervical gel. I wasn't dialated at all.

When we went back to the hospital for my check up after my first round of cervical gel (around 3:00pm), the doctor found that I still wasn't dialated (despite having mild, inconsistent contractions since the first application). So he gave me a second round of gel and decided I should be admitted for the night (which I hadn't expected).

Once I was given a room, Dan went home for a bit and I decided to stroll around the hospital for a while to get some contractions going. Once Dan got back to the hospital we watched some tv(Amazing Race!) for a while and the nurses hooked me up to the monitors to see how baby and I were doing. At around 10pm, my nurse came back in to take me off the monitor. Right as she was removing one of the bands from my tummy, I felt a pop (Dan was lying on the bed with me and felt it too) and a lot of pain. I was like, "holy, that hurts, what is that baby doing in there?" I kind of thought it might be my water, but after waiting a few seconds, nothing came out, so I just figured that it was from the baby. Once I was fully off the monitors, I got up to go pee, and instead had a steady gush of fluids come out. I looked at the nurse and said, "holy! my water just broke!!" I don't think the nurse believed me at first, so she took my pad to test it for amniotic fluid (she never did come back to let me know if it tested positive or not. By the time she was back, I was obviously in labor).

My nurse encouraged me to try to get some rest, so Dan and I tried to get to sleep, but by 11:00 I was in so much pain that I had to get up and move around. I was shaking really badly and really uncomfortable, but breathing through my contractions was fine. The nurse encouraged me to go into the shower for a bit to help with the pain, so I did. It was only mildly effective. The nurse went to get me a birthing ball as well (which I never used).

When she returned, and I was out of the shower and still in a lot of pain, she decided it might be a good idea to check my dilation. I was a 3-4 at that point. I don't remember what time it was, but I am pretty sure it was around 12:00am. She decided it would be a good time to move me from the maternity ward, over to L&D. I was contracting so hard at this point that I couldn't walk whenever one hit. No breathing or concentration was helping at all!

When we got to L&D (across the hall). Things got really crazy. I told the nurse right away that I wanted drugs, and for them to call the anesthesiologist to get my an epidural. They knew my original plan was to go med-free, but I made it clear that my original plan was out the window. If I felt this awful at 4cm, how was I going to manage getting to 10?! I was sure I had so much longer to go. All of my attempts to focus were frustrating and not working and I was freaking out.

By the time the anesthesiologist got there, it was around 2:30am I think. I was in a lot of pain so I didn't notice, but Dan later said that he looked really unimpressed to be there at 2am lol. I had been given nubain (I think) and gas and still was getting no relief. It felt like forever for him to get out all his tools, prep me and get the epi done. Every contraction was awful and I was sure I was getting close to pushing. A couple of times my body tried to push and I really couldn't control it. Part of me wanted to speak up and tell my nurse, but the other part of me was terrified and just wanted the Epi. I was in so much pain and needed some kind of relief. Once the epi was in though, I felt like a new person.

As soon as the anesthesiologist left, the nurse checked my progress, and wouldn't you know, I was 10cm. Now that I think about it, I am shocked I went from a 3 or 4 to 10 in a matter of a couple hours!

Rather than get me to start pushing, the nurse decided I should wait about an hour just to let the baby move down some more and to let the epi wear off...I think it was on for a whole 5 minutes. lol

I'm not sure on the timing after all of this, but I think I pushed for about an hour.

The pushing was a little frustrating, but Dan was SO encouraging. When the nurse showed him that she could see the head when I was pushing, he got really excited. That *really* helped me get through pushing. At first, I couldn't really feel if I was pushing effectively. I pushed on my side for a bit, then sitting up slightly in the bed. The nurse set up a mirror for me so I could see while I pushed and that was REALLY helpful. I could see that she had dark hair!

It was intimidating when the OB on call came in and they set up the massive tray of "tools." I was so scared that we'd need forceps or the vaccume or an episiotomy, and that really made me want to make sure I could get this baby out on my own. Luckily, the OB on call was freaking awesome and really didn't interfere at all. He told me when I was pushing well and just watched quietly until it was time to catch her.

Daniel was so excited for me to have her and really gave me the strength I needed to keep pushing when it was getting tough. The feeling was really intense for the last couple of contractions before she came out, but once her head came out, the rest of her did almost immediately. Dan and I were both bawling. She was so beautiful and perfect. The nurse only took her away for a brief second to get her to cry and then put her right back on my belly, and that's where she stayed until I was ready to move to my room in maternity. She nursed within an hour of birth.
Caerus likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 21st, 2014, 08:37 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is my copy-and-pasted birth story, as written a few days after harv was born. talk about long! but i guess that makes sense, i was in labor for at least 47 hours!

" The Epic Tale of the Arrival of the Harvey.

On Friday, I picked up the sinus infection that my husband came home with earlier that week. I'm prone to them-- I get two a year on average, and I know what they feel like. I always get dark circles under my eyes, super awful sinus headaches, runny nose, a slight itch in my throat... and no fever.

Check to all of the above. I was completely miserable, kinda annoyed at my husband for sharing, and I spent the day in bed. Saturday was a bust too-- I knew I wasn't really allowed to take anything but sudafed, which I didn't have in the house at the time, so again, I spent the day in bed. I sent my husband out for bagels which were the extent of what I ate all day, slept, and watched tv.

When I woke up on Sunday (afternoon!), still feeling super crappy with my runny nose and sinus headache, I had diarrhea. What the hell, that's a new one. I hadn't eaten anything but bread the day before. My first thought was that maybe what I was interpreting as a sinus infection was actually the flu? My second thought-- isn't random diarrhea a sign that labor is really really soon? After a few more bouts, I decided that my son would be here by the end of that day. lol.

I had been having a lot of long stretches of false labor, so when the contractions started on Sunday night, my husband and I decided to ignore them for a while. Because, yeah right, I had made an out-loud prediction that the baby would be coming that day, there's no chance it was actual labor. The contractions weren't bad, but... they didn't stop.

We broke out the contraction timer app around 8pm, and the contractions were all a minute long, and were coming every five minutes. Now, the doctor had said to call when an hour like that had passed. ...No way, man. We waited. In fact, I was insistent that my husband and I just go to sleep, because it was just going to pass anyway, and I was super tired from feeling like CRAP.

Yeah, he really didn't think he'd be able to sleep because he was worried, and eventually convinced me to pick up the phone. Psh, ok ok. By the time I called, it was midnight, the contractions were four minutes apart, and they were less tolerable.

When we got to the hospital, my heart rate was super fast, the contractions were every three minutes, and i was *barely* one cm dilated. The doctor said that it seemed like legitimate labor, but that it was sooo sooo early, to go home and come back when i was 3 cm dilated.

Huh? How am I supposed to know when I'm at 3 cm! Ok, come back when "your pain is 50% worse." ...what?? We left at 5am (that's Monday morning).

Well I got ZERO sleep when we got home, since the contractions were still coming every three minutes all night, but they didn't feel like they were getting stronger. I stopped timing, hoping for rest, but, nope. At around 11:30, or noon, I decided to soak in the tub to ease the pain. My heart was going a mile a minute, and I woke up my poor husband to see what he wanted me to do.

I ended up calling my Ob for advice, and they had me come in to check if i'd made any progress. I was 2 cm. So, yes, progress, but no, still to early to go back to the hospital. How am I supposed to know when to go in, I'm already regular, this is insane! He told me to wait til 5pm, then just go to the hospital, I should be at least 3 cm by then.

We got there at 6. My contractions were now downright painful, though I was still dealing with them. The hospital was super busy, so it was closer to 8 before they could check me, anddddd I was 2 cm dilated. There was talk of sending me home again or giving me a morphine rest, but they decided to keep me an hour to check me again.

I paced in the hallway for most of it. Still 2 cm. Are you serious?

The doctor (same guy from early early that morning!) was concerned about my pain level, even though I was insistent that it wasn't too bad, since my heart rate hadn't dropped below 125 the whole time I was there. He decided he'd do the morphine rest.

Now, I'd never heard of that, so I'll explain. They inject you with some morphine and hook you up to extra monitors for four hours. If it's false labor, the contractions stop, and you go home comfortable. If it's real labor, the contractions continue, just slowerrrrr, and they are more efficient. ok, ok, whatever, just please don't send me home to wait it out some more. I clearly don't know what I'm waiting for!

The morphine definitely slowed the contractions- the nurse checking my monitors said they were more like every 6 minutes now, and to get some sleep. That wasn't happening. They may have been slower, but they felt more powerful for sure. I wasn't writhing in pain, but I was nowhere near comfortable enough to sleep.

I can't tell you *exactly* when the morphine wore off, but my husband can-- it was when I started SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER. Now THAT was pain. They hurry to get the doctor ANDDDD

2 cm. $%$@$#^$^#

But my heart was still really racing, and the pain was suddenly super intense, so the doctor (yep, still the same dude from the first night!) called my on-call ob to tell them what he thought they should do-- epidural and induction.

I was really upset about this. I hadn't wanted to do an epidural until I absolutely needed to (if at all), and that decision was being made for me. But they were worried about my pulse, and I was worried about my baby, so I went with it. Thank god, because the next step was pitocin and the insertion of that balloon thingy to manually dilate my cervix. AGH.

This all happened around 3am (it was Tuesday at this point), and since I was officially admitted, we called our parents to let them know our little man was on his way. We didn't realize how slow the process would go. Wow.

It was maybe 11am before the balloon fell out, meaning I hit 4 cm. They broke my water at that point. Then, waiting. I was more comfortable for sure, and tried to grab naps when I could, since it was almost 2 days since I'd slept. But, I'm the world's lightest sleeper so I didn't get more than five minutes at a time.

At six pm, they checked my progress, and I was at seven cm. But *maybe* five minutes later, I was in intense pain! Crying, having a hard time breathing, feeling the baby pushing his way down into the birth canal.

The nurses come running in, bc what the hell, you've had an epidural!! HOLY CRAP. My pulse was now even higher, around 140, and was setting off alarms because the machines couldn't distinguish my heart beat from the baby's. In that five minutes I dilated to 9cm, and they could feel the baby's head forcing its way through.

They're yelling at me that I can't push, that I'll tear my cervix and bleed out, and I'm yelling that I'm not! They inject stuff into my epidural pump thing to take away my urge to push, but, since I wasn't pushing, it didn't do anything. They inject it again. Then a third time. My mom keeps reaching across me and pressing the epidural button to give me boosts, but I can feel everythingggg.

Then the nurses start thinking that there's something wrong with my epidural, and the decision is made (somehow) to inject me with a massive amount of medication-- enough where they'd be able to perform a c-section-- just to see if the epidural was still properly in place. They tell me *as they're administering the dose* that I will not be able to feel anything or even really move for at least two hours. This happens before I can object-- because how am I supposed to push now if I reach that 10cm mark while this stuff is in effect?

You'll have to wait. #*$&(*&

In a few minutes, I hit complete zombie mode. I cant move, am barely conscious, and don't feel anything AT ALL. But two hours? Not even close. Within the hour, I had all the feeling back in my legs, and could feel my Harvey continuing to force himself out. I'm yelling in pain again, and crying, and trying to calm down my mother and husband, who are in the room with me. I spiked a fever in time for them to check and find that I'm the full 10 cm.

They grab my on-call ob, a bunch of nurses, and THE SAME DOCTOR FROM THE FIRST NIGHT! hah

In less than twenty minutes of pushing, Harvey was here-- which was not surprising to me, since he was so eager to come out before it was time.

But my fever was up to 101.7, and the skin-to-skin that I had wanted was three seconds long, with his back to my chest- I didn't even get to see his face before they wisked him away. They immediately started me on antibiotics, even before they stitched me up and delivered the placenta. The nurses shouted his vitals to me, which I had to be reminded of because I was delirious from my fever. ...He *also* had a temperature, and his heart rate was a little erratic, so they put him in NICU.

I was up and walking around an hour later, but the fever was really messing with me. I was shaking, and babbling, and couldn't focus my eyes properly. I was allowed to see the baby several hours later, though I had to wear a mask and was not permitted to touch him until I'd received more rounds of antibiotics and my fever broke the next morning. (He's got a full head of dark hair and deep blue eyes-- he looks just like his daddy!)

Thankfully, the antibiotics they gave to my Harvey seemed to do the trick. His fever went away quickly (faster than mine!!), and his tests came back good. After the first night, they moved him into the soon-to-be-discharged room of the NICU, and I was allowed to start breast feeding him. He ended up being ready to leave the hospital even before I was-- I still needed another hour's worth of antibiotics.

We both got home on Thursday night and are doing really well. I'm not in any pain (and I really haven't been at all since the delivery), and my freakin' sinus infection symptoms are finally subsiding. I'm not sleeping, like most new moms, but I have more energy now than I've had in forever. Not to mention, I don't remember ever being *this* happy. My Lil' Man is a total doll.

He's grounded, though. <3 "
Caerus likes this.
July 21st, 2014, 10:48 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I'll try to keep mine short, but I can't promise anything.

DD1 - Woke up at 2am on one of the due dates I was given to contractions. Hadn't had any before at all, so I wasn't sure how serious it was just yet. I didn't wake up my husband until his normal wake up time for work, which was around 5 am. Told him I was having contractions and he suggested that I time them while he got ready for work. We lived about a half an hour from his work, but the hospital was also in that town, so I didn't want him going to work and then having to come home and then take me in! They were around 5 minutes apart. He said I should take a shower and get ready to go, he was taking me to the hospital. He didn't go to work that day, and we got to the hospital around 6 am. They set me up in a room and I waited for my doctor to come in. She got there around 9 am and things had slowed some, but she told me to walk and try to get things going again. Around 10 she said that I could stay even though there wasn't much going on, and she planned to break my water at noon. That didn't do much. I got in a tub around 4 with some discomfort, but nothing close. Got pitocin around 6pm, and then contractions started to pick up. Had a very long contraction that we watched on the monitor and print out. I was getting super tired by around 8 or 9, and asked for an epidural. Got that around 10 and then was able to rest for an hour or so. Around 11 things were picking up again, and they told me when to push because I wasn't feeling the contractions. Part way through they told me they could see her red hair and tried to show me in a mirror, but I couldn't handle watching LOL. She was born at 12:02 am.

DS1 - I was 42 weeks according to my u/s, though I was only a few days past the date I expected to be due by my LMP. I went in to be induced at 7am. They started Cytotec around 8 am, which didn't really do much very fast for me. I sat there in the hospital room all day with very little going on. My mom was at our house with my daughter, so my husband stayed with me a lot of the day. Around 4pm the nurse was checking me and watching the monitors on our son and she was concerned about some heart decels he was having. She called my doctor and started getting things ready in case I needed a c-section. She had me scared, but she was a good nurse and I appreciated her concern. Doctor came and checked me and broke my water. Had some meconium in it, so they flushed me out a bit. Decided not to do more Cytotec. Watched some TV, Survivor was on that night. Started to have some really intense contractions, they started getting right on top of each other all of a sudden. I called for an epidural, but it was too late. They checked me and I was complete. I felt my body start pushing, I couldn't stop it and it scared me. They called the doctor and told me not to push. He nearly didn't get there, but he did make it just in time. Once I was able to push I could feel him going out a little and then sliding back in. It was rough, especially since I was scared. It didn't really take all that long to get him out though. He was over 9 lbs and he was born at 9:33pm.

DD2 - I went to bed a few days after my due date with a few contractions going, but nothing too close or anything. Had one really long one before I got to sleep. I tried to sleep but they were really hurting, so I wasn't resting much. Got my husband up around 1:45 am and told him I needed to go to the ER, since that was where I was told to go if it was the middle of the night. We didn't have anyone to watch the kids, and he didn't want to wake them up. I had about 5 minutes between contractions and that's about how far the hospital is from here. I got dressed and left after a contraction stopped. Got there as another started, so I coasted through the parking lot going to the ER. Walked in after it was over and got checked in. They got me a wheelchair and she was getting ready to push me to the L&D area when a man came in carrying a woman who wasn't breathing. I told the ER attendant to help her, even though I was having close and very painful contractions by then. Someone from L&D showed up a few minutes later to push me back. When we got to the room, which was not a birthing room, they wanted me to give a urine sample but I needed to push! Got me on a bed and called the on call doctor, I was ready. My doctor was out of town and he never would have made it in time anyway! The doctor showed up and I was just holding back until she got there. She got things ready and then broke my water and then the baby slipped out. I got to the ER at 2:15am and she was born at 2:44am.
Caerus likes this.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
July 21st, 2014, 11:32 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
KT's Chronicles: Brooklyn’s Birth Story - November 21, 2011
Caerus likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
July 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't find my birth story! I don't think it transferred from my old computer.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
July 21st, 2014, 06:15 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
That's no good! Might you have posted it on JM or something?

I'm afraid to even ask, but what is the crazy pee measuring device?

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven

Last edited by Caerus; July 21st, 2014 at 06:19 PM.
July 21st, 2014, 07:34 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post

Nope, I was on pregnancy.org then. They eventually merged a bunch of groups together and it became a ghost town. I think it's lost forever. My internet always get bad at night but tomorrow when it's more reliable I'll post what I can remember.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
July 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is Grayson's from last May! I don't have my other two written out

To begin my birth story I will start with Saturday, May 25th. My older sister, who I only see once per year was in town from Virginia for a last visit with the family because she gives birth to her first child, due in September. She had a baby shower Saturday morning. I woke up that morning and was really crampy and had A LOT more pressure. I was really hoping that Grayson would make his arrival while she was here because she has never been able to be with me for the birth of any of my children. We joked the whole shower on ways to get him to come out, but I already knew none of it was going to work! I had already tried sex, spicy foods every night, pineapple, walking, cleaning, EVERYTHING. I was convinced he was going to stay put until my scheduled C-section on Sunday, June 2nd. I had sulked about it all week because I knew Emily was going to miss meeting him by 6 days.

Monday, the 27th, was my 24th birthday. I woke up unusually tired. I used it being my birthday to ask to sleep in, and Alex agreed. When I finally pulled myself out of bed, the pressure I felt was horrible. I had to go to the bathroom immediately and I was hoping so much to see some sign of labor, mucus, blood, water, ANYTHING. I knew at this point I had 24 hours with my sister still in town. But, to my dismay, there was NOTHING. I had very few labor signs. I was praying for diarrhea even, LOL. Anything to signal that labor was coming.

Since I slept in, Alex suggested we go out to lunch before heading to my moms for the evening to celebrate my birthday. We went to my favorite sandwich place and I was so excited because I was absolutely starving. We got our food and I made it through about half of my sandwich when INSTANTLY I had to vomit. It was the strangest thing. I wasn't really even that nauseated. I came out of the bathroom and half joking, half angry, I proclaimed that I just KNEW he was going to come right after Emily's plane left and in the middle of the work week. We had dinner for my birthday and chocolate cake. My sweet Jocelyn INSISTED that everyone sing to me, with candles and that I make a wish. I made a wish that Grayson would arrive in time for Emily to see him. I knew that was a long shot.

The rest of the evening, I had a horrible backache. I was having contractions, but nothing on a pattern. By 10:00 at night, I was tearing up from the pain in the back. I cried to Alex that I didn't know how I was going to get through another day feeling so much back pain and pressure. I didn't want him to go to work, I just started bawling. My mom told me to go to L&D just to get something for my back pain so I could at least sleep. We made our way in, leaving the kids with my mom.
When I got hooked up to the monitors, I was actually contracting every 2-3 minutes, lasting 60 seconds! I just couldn't really tell because the horrific back pain. They called my doctor and he was about 75 miles away, driving home from vacation for Memorial Day. They made the decision to go for c-section, but it would be with the on-call doctor. I was really upset. But he seemed friendly enough and I was just so excited my baby was coming. By the time we got into the ER it was officially the 28th and Grayson wouldn't have to share my birthday. I was really happy that he had picked his own, special day.

The c-section went well. I didn't have any problems with the spinal and Grayson came through it like a champ. He cried right away. He weighed in at 6 lb 12.5oz and 21 inches long. They checked my scar tissue and told me I was absolutely good for another child someday, if I wanted.

After the surgery, I was wheeled back to recovery. They immediately brought Grayson to me for some skin to skin kangaroo care and to try and nurse. We had some difficulties getting him to latch, but once he did he sucked for over 40 minutes! It was the most defining moment in my motherhood career so far. An experience I never thought I would have and I cried. It was amazing.
And the best part---my sister got to see him for an hour this morning before her plane left back home. Grayson finally listened and I am ECSTATIC.

So far, however, there have been a few complications. I have had 4 softball size clots come out and my blood pressure has dropped really low. At one point the bottom number was only 24 and it was pretty scary. But things seem to be improving now.

I am so in love with my little man. I cannot believe I ever was disappointed he wasn't a girl! I am not sure he completes our family yet, but I know that at this moment in time he completes my heart and my life!

Thanks for listening!!
Caerus likes this.

July 21st, 2014, 08:50 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am loving all the stories!

That's exactly what I'm worried about is having contractions and not knowing! I've tag it happens to a lot of women!
1:50pm
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡
July 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandriessen View Post
I am loving all the stories!

That's exactly what I'm worried about is having contractions and not knowing! I've tag it happens to a lot of women!
Well, I will tell you... that even though I didn't know I was having contractions as close as I was, I was INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. I could NOT get comfortable in any position, I couldn't sit still, I couldn't deal with the backache. So I definitely knew something was up.

I wouldn't worry too much. You will KNOW when real labor hits. I had several "false labor" scares in my first pregnancy and when the real thing hit, it was a big a-ha moment and I was like "holy crap this is so much worse!" lol

July 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM
Veteran
These are awesome, i wish i had a good one to put up here.But mine was bad not gonna freak all the mommies out.
I love reading birth stories hope more come.
July 22nd, 2014, 07:32 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post

haha. It really isn't too crazy. Just a little bowl that hooks on to the toilet and catches all the pee. Then they can see exactly how much you "go".

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search