Nurseries!! How is yours?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By KellJoO
  • 2 Post By CooperDupersMomma
  • 1 Post By destiny2000
  • 1 Post By QuinnBaby
  • 1 Post By Ohboymama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2014, 08:36 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So ladies..........we're over the halfway point now. How is everyone doing on their nurseries?

Post pictures if you have yours done! I know a few gals have theirs started or almost finished.

We made leaps & bounds with ours this weekend. Our nursery for Brooks is our spare bedroom. So, we had a queen bed in there and it was used more as a "CATCH ALL" room. So much clutter! So this weekend I started by getting my pantry cleaned up in the basement. It was so dirty & full of outdated stuff that I just forced myself to clean it & toss whatever had been sitting there too long. That way, I had more room for the clutter that was overhauling the spare room.

Also got our new washer & Dryer set up! So the utility room & pantry are squared away.

Then, we got the nursery emptied!!! Huge accomplishment. Now I am taking Friday off to paint & get things organized.

Here is the "before" photo... this is after all of the JUNK was taken out!

I cant wait to see it start coming together!! Lets see yours!

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!
July 21st, 2014, 09:06 AM
Veteran
We'll be using the current nursery for the new baby as well and moving Cooper into the 3rd bedroom up the hall way. We're leaving the colors the same since they are neutral but just changing up the wall hangings and the bedding to butterflies since she's a she this time We did a lot of cleaning out/getting rid of stuff this weekend too. We had to clean out the 3rd bedroom closet to make room for all of Cooper's closet contents since that'll be his room in a few weeks. Then we cleaned out all of his older clothes he can't wear anymore and packed them away, cleaned out his dresser and all that jazz. I'm definitely feeling it today! No pics yet, but I'll get them soon
KellJoO and jellis82 like this.
July 21st, 2014, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
LOL

The baby's room was completely emptied so we could patch the walls, cut the new door to the closet and close up the door to the old closet. Then we had the flood, so three rooms worth of furniture and stuff has been stuffed into that room, you can't get more than a foot into the door. It will be months until it's emptied out again.

Everything that is supposed to be in the baby's room is currently in the dining room.

The next step in the process is emptying three closets onto clothes racks that will also go into the dining room.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
July 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
Little miss will be in our room so she just has a nursery space lol. I've been working on it but I'm not done yet, of course things could change of we decide to move from my inlaws as things are really stressful here
KellJoO likes this.
July 21st, 2014, 12:32 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
My son still uses the room for now and I'm still not 100% sure if I want to move him to my daughters room or leave him in there. Right now it still has all of his bedding and décor up all I need to do is get the bedding washed so it can be changed out when the time comes. I don't paint the walls or put up any decals or anything so there's not really that much to do. I did get the closet cleaned out and put all of the clothes that don't fit my son into our storage area. I have also washed the clothes that I have so far for Isabella so now I just need to get a set of drawers for her stuff and then we will be good to go!
July 21st, 2014, 02:08 PM
kixsgc's Avatar Veteran
I'm undecided if I'm making out spare room into a Nursery. It's the kids play room right now and houses all of their clutter... i mean toys. Baby will be with us for the first few months (in our room) and we're planning on buying a new house the beginning of next year, so I'm unsure that I want to go through all of the hassle of setting that room up and moving everything out of there.

Our Rainbow baby <3
Henry David- 11.11.14<3

July 21st, 2014, 02:22 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
No nursery for us (we room share). I LOVE to see all your beautiful nurseries coming together. I think they are so cute to see!

July 21st, 2014, 08:36 PM
Veteran
She has a crib. Does that count? I am a cosleeper and we have a family bed. (the kids have beds but join us during the night at times) Ana's crib is a mini crib and will be set up in our room.
Madi (09.02.05) & Kyler (10.11.07)
&
July 22nd, 2014, 06:08 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have ideas - but our nursery is at the new house, and I am at the old one still... 1 more week til the movers come!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
July 22nd, 2014, 07:00 AM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
I might post some photos tomorrow. We are painting the changing table today- It is just an old dresser that we are painting white and putting some pink knobs on. After that I should be able to get some good photos. We have the crib set up with bedding, a DIY mobile made and hung up (I might change it..not sure yet), DIY framed initial, changing pad with cover, full closet, etc...I have just been finding awesome deals everywhere and people have been giving her loads of clothes so we are close to having the nursery completed Just need the glider really...
KellJoO likes this.

July 22nd, 2014, 07:58 AM
Regular
My 23 month old is still in the nursery. We have to build a bedroom in the garage for my 13 yr old move him in there, reorganize that room to move the soon to be 2 yr old in with his big brother and then I will organize the nursery for baby girl but other then bedding I wont be doing much different to the room. Also it probably wont be ready for her until she is here. She will sleep with us the first month anyways.
michelleH likes this.
July 23rd, 2014, 02:47 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This isn't my nursery, but my 3yr old daughter's room. This was her convertible crib, now a pretty full sized bed. I also stenciled the butterflies and dragonflies on the wall. It was so much fun. Baby Rory is creating a reason for home improvements. Even the laminate flooring is new.

This is one of the walls of baby Rory's room. I originallly did this back for my daughter when we were on team green. Since the joint compound stenciled trees were a labor of love, I plan on keeping them a bit longer but want to find a way to personalize this room for Rory.
July 23rd, 2014, 05:21 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
Oh gosh.... I am no where near ready. BUT we have the bassinet (he will be in our room for the first couple months since I exclusively breastfeed and it's just easier for me), the new carseat, the clothes, the 9 bajillion accessories, blankets, plugs, etc... pretty much everything we need to be ready for baby... just don't have his room done yet.

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
July 23rd, 2014, 07:30 PM
lizbitz16's Avatar Super Mommy
That stenciling is gorgeous! We don't have much besides crib and dresser. Laminate flooring going in next month! I'm having a hard time decorating the room...what are you guys putting on the walls?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search