What's your number?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many kids do you feel is/would be the perfect family size for you?

I used to really want three, and I think in the back of my mind I still do, however two will be the number for us. Financially we just can't afford more.

With that said, I'm sure two will be a handful enough for us in our 30s. I don't have the patience I would have had in my 20s.
July 23rd, 2014, 03:31 PM
Veteran
We havent completely decided. dh wants more than 2 but less than 10. I want at least 2, preferably 4 or 5.
July 23rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The answer for us is.....one at a time. For now 8 is the perfect number. We will see in a couple years if that changes.
UrbanMomma and NYCgirl like this.
July 23rd, 2014, 03:50 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
867-5309....oh,not that type of number. My bad!

July 23rd, 2014, 03:50 PM
lizbitz16's Avatar Super Mommy
I came from a big family, 5 kids (big for today's standards that is). I'd love to have at least 3, 4 would be great. But hubby only wants 2. Though our rule is we'll stop when we have one of each gender...so we'll see where that puts us!

July 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbitz16 View Post
I came from a big family, 5 kids (big for today's standards that is). I'd love to have at least 3, 4 would be great. But hubby only wants 2. Though our rule is we'll stop when we have one of each gender...so we'll see where that puts us!
Maybe 3 is your number. Who knows.
July 23rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Veteran
I have always dreamt of having 3 kids. But if the complications I'm having will happen every pregnancy I will have to rethink that and this might be my only one if that is the case.
July 23rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
kixsgc's Avatar Veteran
I think this is it for us. I wouldn't mind having a big family, but I wanted to be done having kids by my 30th. Which will be in February.

Our Rainbow baby <3
Henry David- 11.11.14<3

July 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
3 sounds like the perfect # for us!

It was a hard journey getting here filled with multiple losses and some serious medical complications along the way so I will be thrilled once this is over. It was fun while it lasted but I'm really excited to move on and focus on having KIDS instead of making babies
MomTo3LittleBoys likes this.

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
July 23rd, 2014, 05:32 PM
Veteran
This is our sixth. I love having a big family. I guess we'll just see how we feel after this baby comes.
Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 16 year old Sanura, 13 year old Adrian, 10 year old Nevaeh, 8 year old Lincoln, 4 year old Charlotte,2 year old Harper, and a new addition expected around November 7th, 2017
July 23rd, 2014, 05:39 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I was happy with one, then we were happy with our two boys, then delighted to have a little girl. Three was perfect. Then 7 years later... a baby boy completed us. Now we all can't wait to meet our little girl!

We never set a number. I do remember how hard three very close together was and would not like to go through that again. So, I do believe number 5 will complete our family! I am so happy with our family size. Love is never divided - rather it is MULTIPLIED!
~*Kixs*~ likes this.

July 23rd, 2014, 05:57 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbitz16 View Post
our rule is we'll stop when we have one of each gender...so we'll see where that puts us!
That is a dangerous game you are playing lady You could end up 5-6 little ones of the same gender in a row.

We have always said 3 or 4 would be our wish but we are leaving that in Gods hands. If He see's fit to send us more we will gladly take them as they come

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; July 24th, 2014 at 01:54 PM.
July 23rd, 2014, 07:21 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Whatever number we are blessed with, if 12 is it, then so be it, but if there are more, than we will happily accept.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 23rd, 2014, 09:47 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure 3 is it for us. As much as I love being pregnant and having babies and love my kids I feel it's time to just watch them grow up now. I'm 32 and just a few years away from getting a nursing degree...I would really like to start going on awesome vacations after I start working and making a decent living. It makes me a little sad knowing that I won't ever have a newborn again or feel a baby moving and growing inside me.
BABY3. likes this.
July 24th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Veteran
We're going with 2, however DH keeps trying to talk me into a third. We'll see what happens in a couple of years. Granted, when Cooper was 6 weeks old and still not really sleeping, I said I wouldn't have anymore, but quickly changed my mind when my friends started having more kids and I wanted that experience again. So I say 2, and he says 2..but we will see what happens in a couple of years if we have #3.
July 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No set number.

DH wants a whole "tribe" of kids running around, and I think that would be pretty neat too. So, we'll see what God has in mind for us

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!
July 24th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy
Two. I'll be forty before this one is born, so I'm quite sure that two will be the limit.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
July 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
I am an only child so I would love to have a large family. My mom is one of 13 brothers and sisters and I think that's awesome, but might be too many for us lol. I would love love love to have 6 or 7 spaced at least two years apart. I am 23, DH is 26 and this is our 2nd child so very doable. My ideal would be to have 7 children...4 biological and 3 adopted we just have to have more debts paid off before we can afford adoption fees.

July 24th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
2 for sure unless we have 2 girls. Then we keep shooting for a boy. We have some pressure because dh is the last one to carry the family name
lizbitz16 likes this.

July 24th, 2014, 09:18 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I always only wanted 2, but after having two boys and loving them sooo much, I decided that I wanted another!!

Due to financial reasons and the fact that this will be my third section (My doc told me no more than 3 sections), we will be done after Leo arrives.

I have loved pregnancy and have had it easy with all three. It will be bitter sweet to be done. I am going to enjoy the newborn stage and the little stage as long as I can.

Three little boys will be fun to watch grow! I am excited to start a new chapter with my complete family.
BABY3. likes this.
DS3- Born 11/4/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search