Facebook

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2014, 01:55 PM
purp1988's Avatar First Time Mommy
Just wondering... Is anyone on Facebook and is there a group created? (I reopened my account so I am up for it)
July 31st, 2014, 02:16 PM
zanesgirls's Avatar Veteran
ooh, good idea! my old JM group is now only on fb as a secret group.
July 31st, 2014, 02:36 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We discussed it briefly in another thread. I'd prefer to wait until after the babies come personally. JM group will die once Facebook group goes up and I like being in a JM ddc.

July 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
my June 2012 pr is on fb only. I love it. I can share more personal things without having to worry about random people seeing it.

July 31st, 2014, 03:07 PM
I just think it would be nice to be able to contact the group from home on a more personal level - JM doesn't work on my phone so I am out of the loop evenings and weekends and my due date buddy has yet to sign on here or respond. But whatever everyone wants is good for me. I open to giving out my Facebook if anyone wants to connect with me there...
mlc52811 likes this.
July 31st, 2014, 03:28 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
Ummm, I think I just sent you an inbox message on here. Just realizing that it doesn't save sent messages so not 100% sure that it actually sent.
purp1988 likes this.
July 31st, 2014, 03:55 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my Facebook PR's! Both started out as FB DDCs and are awesome groups. Looking forward to our move.
humnck and sara121773 like this.
Boy (5)
Boy (3)
Girl (12.24.14)
Unplanned home birth on Christmas Eve 2014
Delivered by her daddy

July 31st, 2014, 04:06 PM
NaturalRadiance's Avatar Super Mommy
Blue_Jar_Mama I was searching topics on the internet and one of your posts came up in the search results. I think it was from the DDC of 2009. At first I was thinking it was from this DDC and I just missed that topic coming up. Funny that I randomly found one of your posts :-)
July 31st, 2014, 05:42 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I would love it!!

July 31st, 2014, 06:01 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I don't mean to sound mean but if a majority of the ladies in the ddc want to switch or would prefer going to fb I think it would be fair to do it. Like I said I know I prefer the privacy. That's when you really start to get to know each other. I don't think it's really fair to everyone if we only wait because a few people don't want the ddc here to die down. Sorry if I come across mean, that is not my intention.

July 31st, 2014, 06:22 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
My older PRs are on FB. I'm only a "member" of one, because the other took so long to get to FB and was dead here, that I lost touch with most of the women/babies from there. My daughter's PR (2012) has a secret group on FB.
Mama to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and Adeline.
Human to Jeyne the Redbone Coonhound.

<3 Autism Advocate <3 Babywearer <3 Blogger <3 Nerd <3 Bookworm <3
July 31st, 2014, 06:37 PM
mylittleladies's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think fb is a good idea, I am part of one from July 2008 and we still post there every now and then.

But I think we should wait a bit, let other ladies join and such, or JM will die really soon.

July 31st, 2014, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a member of the June 2013 playroom. Our JM board is pretty dead now. It is a lot easier to post on fb and share pics. Plus it's all private. But our JM board will likely die. So just keep that in mind. I'm open to whatever the majority wants.
July 31st, 2014, 07:20 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's fine if everyone wants to move. I won't be offended. It's just not something I'm comfortable doing personally this early on and I'm not interested in hosting a dead ddc but I know I'm not the most active host around so whatever you ladies decide to do is fine.

August 1st, 2014, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalRadiance View Post
Ummm, I think I just sent you an inbox message on here. Just realizing that it doesn't save sent messages so not 100% sure that it actually sent.

Found you!
NaturalRadiance likes this.
August 1st, 2014, 09:27 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't mind either option, so I'm good with whatever the majority decision is. I will say though, that from experience, once a fb group starts up, JM dies off for the most part. That's the drawback of moving to fb. The benefits of course, are increased privacy and with that comes the idea that many ladies may open up and get to know one another better. In both of my previous ddc's, the consensus ended up being to remain on JM until shortly after the babies were all born and then when we became a PR , we moved over to FB. That being said, many of the August DDC ladies are reporting that they are thrilled with their decision to move to FB early in pregnancy, so I really think either can work. Like I said, I'm fine with either! I just think we should pick one or the other to be our primary spot; most ladies aren't gonna actively post to both evenly.
NaturalRadiance likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
August 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm fine with either also.
August 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm fine with either Also, I'm fine with giving out my FB name as well. If you want it PM me! I'm always on FB haha
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

Last edited by Hope2Be13; August 1st, 2014 at 11:38 AM.
August 1st, 2014, 11:53 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mommyyates Send a message via Yahoo to mommyyates
Im good to move, I use FB daily at work, its always open and some days I just dont sign into JM so I feel like Im not as active as I should be.

Speaking of Due date buddies I had signed up but dont have one yet... anyone need one?
August 3rd, 2014, 07:52 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my previous DDC, we added each other on Facebook throughout the pregnancies but didn't start a group until after the babies were born. It totally kills the JM board, that's for sure! But anyone from here can add me if they'd like! I'm much more active there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search