What are you going to wear AT the hospital?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So we have talked about what you'll wear home from the hospital. What are you planning to wear AT the hospital? During labor/delivery and recovery?

I refuse to wear a hospital gown during labor and delivery. Ew. The first time, I wore a tank top with a shelf bra and Im suspecting that is what I will be wearing this time too. I am not even sure what I wore last time, either a sports bra or that kind of tank top.

For the rest of the time, I think I will just have yoga pants, maybe some other comfy pajama pants, and tank tops with sports bras.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 17th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
Hospital provided attire I am having a c-section so not much debate there.

I will be bringing some comfy clothes for during my recovery but honestly most of the time I am likely to be in a hospital gown. Do not really feel inclined to get my own clothing messy and gooby.
angelinal09 and bec9494 like this.
August 17th, 2014, 10:04 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wear the hospital gowns; I have enough laundry to do as it is
bec9494 and m.a.m.a.to.3 like this.

August 17th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I will wear the hospital gown during l&d....I dont think there is much of a choice there.

After it will be a combo of hospital gown and night gowns/ pj pants & top that I have packed, depending on how long i am there.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

August 17th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Urchin, you dont have a choice? I find them really uncomfortable and refused. They couldnt make me wear it.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 17th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Super Mommy
I've always worn the hospital gown for labor/delivery/recovery. I don't want to get my own clothes icky. They come in and check you all the time and change your pads, etc...just seems easier to be in the gown. That said, I'll bring a nursing bra or tank for under the gown.
August 17th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Veteran
I don't think the Birth Centre provides 'attire' so I'll have to figure out what I'll be wearing. Maybe a long t-shirt or nightshirt during labour. I did purchase a bathing suit top for the tub in the event I don't want to be completely naked (I'll see how I'm feeling at the time!).
August 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I wear the hospital gowns during l&d and recovery. TMI but I tend to bleed a lot after giving birth so I don't want to ruin my clothes especially during delivery yuck! And another TMI but after giving birth I cant really hold my pee so I pee myself a few times in the hospital so I wouldn't want to pee in my own clothes.

August 17th, 2014, 11:58 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
As far as I know, we can labor in anything so I'm probably just going to wear a super lightweight sports bra and the gown until i get in the water, then just the bra.

As for after, idk. The thought of wearing anything more than shorts and a tank top is making my skin crawl right now, haha.
August 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #3
Last time i wore their hospital gown because they MADE me take my clothes off and i did not know i could actually wear what i want! This time round i'm going to stay in a tshirt probably no bra and try to be as comfy as possible. After delivery i'm going to be staying in pj's shorts and tank top and flip flops probably. Its going to be hot im there!
August 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will wear the gown for the c-section and the first day after just because of the amount of blood... yucky. Plus, I will be drugged up on morphine for a little bit and won't care what I am wearing LOL. I have packed 3 of my own cute nightgowns, nursing bras, soft fuzzy socks, and slippers for while I am there. Oh and flip flops. And then my cute going home dress.

August 17th, 2014, 01:30 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I'll just wear the hospital gown to avoid getting my own stuff yucky. I won't be there all that long anyway. My last birth went so fast I didn't even get all my own stuff off, just hoping that doesn't happen again!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
August 17th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll wear their gown for labor and delivery and up until I can shower. After that, it'll be my own comfy stuff.
DD2:4
DS: 2
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
August 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll wear their gown for labor but I think I was allowed to wear a bra which was nice. Hopefully this place is the same. Afterwards I have a few dark nightgowns that I'll be living in.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 17th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Man, I would not deal well with being told what I could or could not wear to give birth...

August 17th, 2014, 03:09 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
Man, I would not deal well with being told what I could or could not wear to give birth...
I think I was in so much shock that I was actually giving birth that I didn't even think about it. This time I don't want any of my clothes getting messy during labor.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 17th, 2014, 04:59 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Hospital gown - c section.

I'll wear that in recovery too . Don't want extra laundry or anything touching my stomach.

}
August 17th, 2014, 05:43 PM
The Working Mom's Avatar Veteran
Sticking with the hospital gown all the way. I was allowed to wear a bra during L&D last time, and wore a sports bra, but it got all caught up in the tubes in my arms after birth when I took it off. Plus, I was in postpartum for as little time as possible (when most of the bleeding was happening) and the nurses are constantly checking and prodding you.

I will bring a nursing bra for postpartum in case I want to wear it although I don't think I did last time.

August 17th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll wear the hospital gown the first day (c-section) and maybe the second day until I'm IV free. Then I'll either wear comfy pajama pants/shirt or regular clothes. I really like to get into regular clothes as soon as possible.
August 18th, 2014, 08:45 AM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
I've seen some of the cutest postpartum gowns... but I'll probably just stick with the hospital gowns. Keep that part simple.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search