pregnant and nursing?

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2013, 05:11 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
is anyone else still nursing a lo? How is it going? do you have sore nipples? Do you feel the contractions/cramps while nursing? are you planning to keep nursing or wean? If you keep nursing through the pregnancy will you tandem nurse once baby arrives?

Im still nursing my son who just turned one and ive noticed today that my nipples are more sensitive/sore and im feeling sharp little contractions while he nurses. I'm not sure Im up for tandem nursing but he is very emotionally attatched to nursing so weaning could be very traumatic, for now im just going to keep going at least through the first half, ive heard some toddlers will self wean at 20 wks when supply drops and flavor changes so well see

May 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still nursing. I'm hoping DS will wean himself. I have a very boob obsessed little man though so we shall see. I really don't want to tandem nurse.

My nipples are sore, but I don't have any other complaints.
May 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our youngest has been off the boob for a year now. But i nursed my daughter and second son while pregnant and it was hard. My nips got very tender each time and I literally couldn't stand to have the baby latched for too long. It drove me nuts and I had to stop and start again often. I had both children off nursing before the baby came. I unfortunately had to stop nursing my second son earlier then i wanted because I had placenta previa and the doc didn't want any upset to the uterus. So I had to pull him off at 10 months. He sucked a bottle for 2 months then was off formula period after that. My last one got to nurse until 18 months,which was the longest out of them all. He weaned himself at that point. After doing it twice already, I'm very glad I'm not nursing right now and can just focus on the pregnancy.

May 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I'm still nursing. No plans to wean. I do hope she weans before the baby gets here because it is just a lot on me.

May 31st, 2013, 01:44 PM
Veteran
Still breastfeeding my 18 month old daughter. (3rd child I've breastfed while pregnant!) My nipples are sore! I have her down to nap(she only takes one nap) and bedtime feedings. I'm trying to wean her from during the night but it doesn't always go good.
May 31st, 2013, 02:05 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
yeah Liam is so stubborn at night he will thrash and cry until I nurse him. my nipple pain seems to fluctuate, in general he has always been a gentle nurser so i think that helps but once last night he latched on hard and it HURT!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search