Need a minute to whine

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By *Jillian*
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
This pregnancy is already so much rougher than my first. I am so grateful to be pregnant, and so thankful for this baby, and I am doing my best to wear my misery with a smile.

The injections, exhaustion, nausea, dizziness, light-headedness, random uterine pains, and now vomitting is getting to be more than I can handle. Blah. I had to leave work to go shower because the sheer force of the vomit was enough to cause my bladder to spring a major leak. Since then I have felt weak and shaky and just plain miserable. I went back to work when all I wanted to do. I work with 1 and 2 year olds. There is no taking it easy, there is no resting for a few minutes. I eat with the kids, I have to eat what the kids eat. I can't bring in any outside food. So when the Baby isn't having any of what they are serving I am outta luck. I do my best to stomach a little of it, but even when its food I like, I can't always eat. This baby just doesn't like food. I can't find anything that baby seems to like.

I had to get a doctor's note to carry Gatorade with me to help with dizziness. I am constantly up and down, squatting, leaning, kneeling, and it makes the dizziness worse. My boss is amazing, she is doing everything she can to help but I feel like I am over doing it. I just have to make it until the end of the month, then I get a few weeks off for Summer, but I am already afraid of going back to work.

Plus I am still worried about this potential blood issue between me and the baby, I won't feel better until DH gets tested on the 19th.

I am so sorry, I know I sound ungrateful. I never thought I would be the one to say this, but I am ready to move on to the second trimester. I need to get past all of this and start to feel a little more like myself.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 3rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have those thoughts often, and I am not dealing with half of what you are. Lets face it, the first trimester is not fun for lots of us. It's so tough to work, be a mom, a wife, keep up the house, etc. All the while you're feeling totally exhausted, nauseous, weak, crampy, have all types of strange aches and pains, up every couple of house to pee through the night, insomnia, etc.

It's not that you're ungrateful...it's a reality that this trimester is friggen hard! We're here for you to complain....and I'm sure most if not all of us totally understand! Hang in there hun. HUGS

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

June 3rd, 2013, 03:06 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I have no real words of wisdom other than I hope that the second trimester comes fast. It is far from fun when you have all that you do going on and cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is not about being ungrateful as even those who have tried to get pregnant for MANY years still find it hard to get through this trimester. It is not an easy one to get through. As for the issue with the blood. I hope that is done soon so that part of things can put you more at ease.
June 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I don't think it is ungrateful to acknowledge how hard pregnancy can be on your body. I tried for a long time to have my daughter but that didn't mean when I got pregnant that it didn't come with all the symptoms that make my day that much harder. Plus, when you have other little ones it isn't easy to be sick..ever!

You sound grateful, you just sound pregnant. Stay tough! Maybe you won't have to deal with too many bad symptoms for much longer.

June 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are not the only one. I think most of us feel your pain. The first trimester is always the worse for me also. The queasy feelings, hunger, and pains are sometimes too much. I have insomnia and when I do get tired my sleep is broken by my other kids coming in my room with nightmares in the middle of the night or my weird dreams. So your just being honest, this is a rough stage in pregnancy.

June 3rd, 2013, 07:57 PM
Super Mommy
The 1st trimester is horrible. Hang in there. If you are vomiting a lot, can you get a prescription from the doctor to help with that, at least until you are off work for the summer?
June 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Aw I know! Hang in there!!! You are allowed to whine!!!

June 4th, 2013, 05:59 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((Hugs)) hang in there!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

June 4th, 2013, 09:23 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Hugs...Pregnancy is hard on your body, don't feel bad for talking about it.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
June 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Thank you all for the support

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 4th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel the same way as you, and not even half the symptoms.

Often I feel guilty for complaining about my exhaustion and body aches because I wanted this pregnancy so bad and now I can't handle a little pain and exhaustion?

Totally know how you feel mentally. But what you're going through is an awful lot to handle.

Keep strong, hopefully you will feel better sooner rather than later.
June 4th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Veteran
Don't feel bad at all. I agree with everyone else that it's still hard. I don't have anything you have to deal with but I have been wanting for YEARS to do a cleanse on myself. I've been pregnant, breastfeeding or both for 8 1/2 years now so I can't. This baby was not planned and of course s/he is VERY much wanted but I just want my body healthy. TMI but I have had 2 bowel movements in 2 weeks. That can't possibly be good for me, but what can I do? That's what this board is for- support
June 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Just lurking, but wanted to tell you that it's alright to feel negative when you are sick. It's normal. I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my first two, and there were times when I had thrown up the 15th time, the 17th time, or even just the 1st as soon as I woke up where I would feel jealous of the women in my DDC reporting miscarriages. They weren't sick, and if I had a m/c at that point, I would not have cared.

My sister had it, too. She would never get an abortion, but she would tell her husband she wanted one. When I was sick, she would tell me to remember it was timed misery. I would feel better toward the end, and it would vanish when I gave birth. Did it help me? Not at all! But maybe it will help you. It's all timed. And this 9 months of hardship really is barely any time compared to the time you'll spend with your child through life.

Talk to your OB about meds if it gets worse. Going in for fluids in a hassle!
Orangebrittainy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search