Has anyone not gotten a sonogram

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Mayleysmommy
  • 1 Post By Julie321
  • 1 Post By WannaB
  • 2 Post By HeatherJ
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By mrssws
  • 1 Post By mamato4andc
  • 1 Post By sgh
  • 1 Post By fmlbulridr018
  • 1 Post By luv2bemommy
  • 1 Post By Leah M
  • 1 Post By jennmommyoftwobeauties

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Jenn10's Avatar Expecting # 2
The more I think about not having a sonogram yet the more I get irritated you would think they would want to make sure everything is progressing well ect... plus I just want to know my baby is ok since this is my first :-( I am going to express how I feel when I go next week anyone else not gotten one?
June 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
I've had three already, but I've had some issues. With my first I got one at 8 weeks and then again at 16 weeks. I'm surprised that you are almost 12 weeks and haven't had one yet, although I do think that is also common. Depends on the practice. My friend got one at 12 weeks and then 28 weeks that was so late to find out the gender...so my Aunt did a gender scan at 18 weeks (she's a sonographer)

When are you supposed to have one?
Jenn10 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* For my Beautiful Siggi
June 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Good question I don't know I thought they said something about 20 weeks which is way to long I go for the heartbeat july 2nd
June 26th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I gotta wait 3 more weeks til I'm 12 weeks.

One of the downsides to free Canadian health care
Jenn10 likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 11:26 PM
It's making me mad
June 27th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't had one yet either I go on Monday to my midwife and assume I will get one shortly there after the NT one that needs to be done before 13 weeks then I won't go again till 20 weeks. I am in Canada and this is the norm here. I would also would have liked to see sooner seeing as I had a loss in February but I still have not gotten to see anything or hear a heart beat yet. But I will soon enough I look at it this way no early u/s means they think you are fine as much as I'd like some extra peeks at what is going on in there I really don't want to get unnecessary u/s even though they are considered safe I am still in the less is more camp on that one. Hope you get to go soon when is your next check up?
Jenn10 likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
I won't have one until 20 weeks. My doctor doesn't do them until then unless the mom has had previous problems/is considered high risk. It's pretty standard here to wait, in fact I don't have any friends who had there's before 20 weeks.
Jenn10 and cuatx like this.
June 27th, 2013, 08:09 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
My friend uses the same "group" as me and she hasnt had one and she is 15 weeks. I have had one and have another one in 6.
Jenn10 likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I go back for the heartbeat july 2nd and I think it's so dumb you would think they would want to see if the baby is developing fine and to make sure there isn't more than one plus for some of us it puts are mind at ease
June 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
I haven't yet I go in on 7/10
Jenn10 likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Veteran
With my first two pregnancies, they only did an ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there were complications. With my third, they claimed I was measuring big so they did quite a few ultrasounds. With my fourth they did one for dates and the 20 week one. This baby I have not had one yet but will get one on July 12th to check for dates. If you want one earlier than 20 weeks you should tell them you're not sure of your dates.
Jenn10 likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 09:36 PM
See I told them I wasn't sure the last time
June 28th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The did one at my OB at 9 weeks, Not sure when my next is. They just standardly do U/S's around 8-10 weeks there though. I would go bonkers if i didnt see baby until 20 weeks! Waiting until 9, i thought, was hard enough!
Jenn10 likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think they would get you one to confirm dates. Hopefully you will get one soon. I would go nuts. Its driving me nuts already not being able to make sure the lil one is ok.
Jenn10 likes this.

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

June 28th, 2013, 08:57 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my first one scheduled for this coming Monday. I wouldn't normally get one this early, but they want to confirm my dates. I told them I am sure, but I only had 4 cycles before I got pregnant and the doctor said that wasn't enough to "be sure". I'm not complaining, maybe it will help ease my mind a bit.
Jenn10 likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you ladies I am going to tell them how I feel about it Tuesday it's driving me nuts
June 28th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Super Mommy
I could have had one at 8 weeks to confirm dates but since my boyfriend works out of town I had to wait till 11 weeks. Which I thought was a really long time. I was actually shocked that they were willing to give me one that early. I have another one booked for 20 weeks though I'm going to try and talk my doctor into letting me have one at 18 weeks since I am leaving the province for a month and don't want to wait an extra 4 weeks to find out the gender. Plus I want know that everything is fine before flying.
If I were you I would just explain to them that you would like an ultrasound. You will feel so much better after having one!
Jenn10 likes this.
June 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM
thats what i am going to do ill feel alot better
June 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I only had one to confirm when I was due and how far along I am because I never had a cycle after my m/c. Otherwise I am sure that they would not have done one until I was getting the anatomy scan.
Jenn10 likes this.
June 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Waiting sucks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search