What not to watch on TV!

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Orangebrittainy
  • 1 Post By princesstracie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Veteran
Quite possibly the worst show to watch when you are pregnant would have to be "I'm Having Their Baby". I watched it this evening and I never cried so much watching a tv show! I don't know how those women do it. Adoption is a wonderful thing, I just can't imagine giving away my own child. And a lot of these women have horrible reasons for wanting to place their baby for adoption. Like tonight's episode the woman wasn't "ready" to be a mom. Well, maybe you should have thought of that before you had sex!

June 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, that sounds like a horrible idea to watch that! lol. I would most definitely cry too! Glad i dont have cable
June 28th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW ive never even heard of it.. lol.. sounds like 16 and pregnant. i can't stand to watch that show either... people make me so mad.

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

June 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
Craziness! I've never heard of the show, but probably couldn't watch it either

Thank you *Kiliki* For my Beautiful Siggi
June 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
I would probably get so mad at watching that show. I don't watch 16 and pregnant either. Some people really think it's so easy to get pregnant, when there are 7.1 million people in the U.S. that are battling infertility. I'm one of them, but our dreams finally came true and our prayers were answered. It's a tough road, both mentally, physically, emotionally, and financially. Sorry for the rant, but these shows really do make me mad.

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

June 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Even if the reason is 'horrible' at least that woman is giving someone else the gift of parenthood. At least they care enough to give that child a better life than what they can provide. The woman who wasn't ready was being honest with herself. I have an aunt who never had kids because as she put it she was too selfish to be a parent. I hope that if something happened and she did get pregnant that she would consider adoption long before abortion. Being a birth mom is hard and regardless of why they gave the children up, being a birth mom demands respect. I have more respect for women who give up their children willingly than parents who lose their children to the foster system either through neglect or abuse. Birth mothers recognize that they either can't or won't provide the life the child deserves so they gift that life to someone who couldn't do it other wise. And maybe they should have thought about babies before having sex but there are enough unplanned pregnancies out there to show that many people aren't thinking about it. There are a lot of people who don't plan it and most of us on this board have probably had sex at a time when we weren't ready to be parents. Birth control and condoms aren't 100% maybe they did try to prevent pregnancy.
Suesue77 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran
Orangebrittainy - I did not mean to offend you with my comment. I have the utmost respect for women who have the strength to give their baby up for adoption. I get frustrated at women who think they can go around having unprotected sex as much as they want and not understand what can happen when you do that. My sister does this all the time and has 2 children because of it. 2 kids that she does not have custody of because she would rather live the single life and party all the time. Makes me furious! As far as the show goes, I am complete anti-abortion so I am so glad that they are making the choice to give their baby a better life with another person.. it just makes me mad that the majority of these women do not think about the consequences of having sex. Protected or not. Pregnancy is 100% preventable.. abstinence.
I do know several people that have adopted babies because they could not conceive on their own and I am completely for it!!! I think its a wonderful thing! However, I do not think that I could personally ever give my baby up. I don't think I am that strong! Sorry for the long post. I just don't want you to think that I am against adoption! Just annoyed at young, naïve women!
Orangebrittainy likes this.

June 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I do not think I could watch a show like this but I do agree with all people. It is a bit frustrating to see those who would give up their child for some really bad reasons. On the other hand I can see the thought of giving the child up and giving the chance for someone who cannot the opportunity of having a baby.

Think if there were NO women that did adoption what would those people do that were unable to have a child of their own even through fertility treatments.
July 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Suesue77's Avatar Susan
Oh my, I love watching this show. I don't watch reality shows often at all, but I like the idea of giving someone else a gift that they can't give themselves....that being said, there are some serious train wrecks on the show too. The one show I can't watch right now is Maternity Ward- all the pregnancies are high risk/ER cases and scare the crap out of me...even some of the Baby Story shows have scary twists and turns. I'm trying to stay calm and stress free so Msternity Ward is off limits!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search