Anyone else struggling with the heat?

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Julie321
  • 1 Post By Mad-Watter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Super Mommy
We are having a heat wave here in CA. The last couple of days it's been 105 and 108 and will continue for another 2 or 3 more days. Tuesday, it's supposed to be 111.

I'm miserable. Once I get hot, it's almost impossible to cool down and then I will start feeling extremely nauseated. This morning in church I kept fanning myself even though they had the A/C blasting. My husband said he thought it was actually getting cold in there, but I was just dripping in sweat.

Anyone else unable to stay cool or cool down?
June 30th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Its not as hot here, but spend at least an hour a day outside at work. I struggle.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
twinkle23's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol it's winter here! I am hanging for summer already!
Totally envious of you all

June 30th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
Twinkle- at least you won't have to bring your baby home in a snowsuit in January

I have been hibernating from the heat. I've had a couple weeks off work. Working tomorrow though. Fourteen hours outside and it's supposed to be 26 degrees. Err.. 82 degrees farenheit I think? Not too bad but I'm still scared.
Mad-Watter likes this.

Thanks so much to bokkechick for the amazing siggy!

July 1st, 2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The UK has miserable summers we get about 2 weeks nice weather and that's it. But if it was that hot here I don't know how I would cope! I hope it cools down for you soon.

[/url]
July 1st, 2013, 07:39 AM
Mad-Watter's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh, I couldn't even imagine. I think 85 is bad... but up in MN we get really BAD humidity. The last two weeks felt unbearable. It's supposed to be in the upper 70s this week, so I'm hoping I can tolerate that... but my body seems mostly heat intolerant.

BTW... I would take giving birth in a snowsuit over the heat any day. I'm just worried about the ice
Leah M likes this.

Thanks to *Vicki* for an AMAZING siggy

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths - Walt Disney

July 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Super Mommy
I am so jealous of you ladies with the cool temperatures. I could handle the 80s wth no problem. Even low 90s, but this lately is too much. We have tickets to a baseball game on Wed that were purchased months ago. It's supposed to be 108. I don't kno how I will handle that heat for 4 hours. I'm completely stressed out about it.
July 1st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya. been high 90's and 100's here for 2 weeks. I thankfully work in a/c building, but sometimes get so cold i have to go stand outside.. The heat just drains me and makes me tired. All i want to do is sleep as it is, the heat just mkaes it that much worse

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

July 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
cassthomas852's Avatar Veteran
It's been pretty hot and humid here in MD... Heat index temps in the upper 90's. I'm usually a summer person, but now I'm pregnant, I can't stand the heat! Unless I'm in the pool! I actually can't wait until fall comes! I will be ready for those cooler temps!

I hope it cools down for you soon. Drink lots of cold water and see if you can buy one of those fans that has a water sprayer on it... that will help keep you cool for the game!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!

July 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran
I don't leave my house. Friday was 119, Saturday 121 and Sunday was 116. Look up El Centro, California on weather.com, that's where I'm at.(most people don't believe it can get that hot lol) BUT, I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting stuck in a snow storm while in labor and bundling a newborn baby in January.
July 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
It is not that hot here but all the same heat is heat. I am inside most of the time so I seldom have to deal with the heat. On the other hand the house has been very warm here so I am sure that it is quite hot outside. When my mother in law was here though it was really hot and that was dreadful to deal with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search