Crying this morning

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sgh
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
My Furbabies are a BIG part of my family. We have had John since he was 5 weeks old, and we got Seeley after my surgery to keep John company. They have been living in our home 3 years. Boots, has been here a few months, to be honest I love him but I am not as attached to him as I am my other two.

Anyways John is Siamese and has very sensitive skin. He can't handle fleas at all, they eat him alive and he just looks so gross now. He has scars all over his body because of the fleas. But my new medication is $180 a month and I HAVE to have it. Because of that I cannot afford the front line that they need. Its been two months and John just looks horrible. It hurts us to see him this way, but I just cannot afford it. You can't treat one cat you have got to treat all 3. My Husband brought up the other day if we can't help them than we need to re home them. (This was not easy for him to say, he is just as attached as I am) Boots would be easy to home. He is fine on his own and would be ok indoor and outdoor. But John doesn't do well without Seeley. If we re-homed them I couldn't separate them. John also doesn't do well with other cats (he still doesn't accept Boots into the home) or dogs.

But I just don't want to loose them. I really don't know what to do. Frontline is the only stuff that really works. When we can buy it, we vacuum regularly and keep them treated and it keeps the flea problem down. Its $30 a month if I catch a good sale, $50 a month otherwise for all 3 cats. That's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but its just something I can't make happen right now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

July 17th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwwww, im sure you are heartbroken! i know i would be im so sorry! I hope you guys can figure something out to keep your babies. ::
fmlbulridr018 likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 07:47 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I am so sorry I would feel the same way! I really hope you can come up with a solution!

Frontline Coupons – 20% Off Frontline Plus for Dogs or Cats

i dont know if that will help. . .

July 17th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's tough. :\ Is there a discount veterinary place in your area? There's a place near me that does at-cost spay/neuter/shots. If you could find one in your area, they might be able to help with flea treatment as well, maybe.

July 17th, 2013, 07:51 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Frontline Coupons & Discounts - Savings.com | 14-27% off All Frontline Products

Or maybe ONE of these will work!!! GL!
Orangebrittainy likes this.

July 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having very upsetting issues about maybe having to re-home my two cats. Not because of financial reasons but because the two of them hate each other too much and are now spraying all over the house. Frustrating and sad.

Hope you find a way to get the flea meds.

Thanks so much to bokkechick for the amazing siggy!

July 18th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww I'm sorry it has come to this. Do you know anyone who would take the 2 of them together, who will love them just as much as you do? I understand how heart broken you are. Our dog is part of the family, but if I couldn't afford the things she needed we would also have to rehome her. ((Big hugs)) I hope there's a solution to this

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search