Advice for school concentration please

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommytoZoeAlyssa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM
avocado.eggrolls's Avatar Proud mama, expecting #2
Any other mamas in school right now?

I haven't been in school since 2008, and I have decided to pursue nursing which I WAS excited about but now....UGH. I do not want to study. I just can't find the motivation. My school requires that my bio, chem, algebra not be more than 10 years old, which they are (from high school) so I'm taking the 3 courses online through ABCnursing.com (accredited through my school) and praise the universe the courses aren't timed. I enrolled months ago and I've barely gotten anything done.

I feel....unmotivated, exhausted and defeated before I even start. I've been second guessing myself, before I got pregnant this time, I had so much energy, even when pregnant with Lillian I was always up and doing stuff and on the go. Now I'm thinking...I can't even really remember what it's like to go an hour without yawning, and I'm supposed to be a NURSE?

Matt keeps saying it's just for now, and there's no humongous rush, I should just relax and enjoy (re)learning these basics without panicking about the big picture. I have Biology open in another tab, and I'm trying...I just want to cry.

Sorry for the long rant...anyone trying to do school right now? I know women do it all the time, under much harsher circumstances. i just feel so rusty and OLD and like what's the point.

August 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Could you put it on hold for a year? Maybe you will feel better starting it when you aren't pregnant.

[/url]
August 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i started my 2nd year for my accounting degree monday.. All i love to do is study.. haha.. I got all 4 assignments that were due today and sunday done last night in my math class and 100% on all 4 of them. I got my intermediate accounting assignment chpt. 1 done and quiz done for chapter 1. now working on chapter 2 which chp. 1 and 2 aren't due til sunday but get em done early and then i can get ahead.. all i have left is an essay in geography. I know an essay the first week of school. ughh..

This is my 2nd degree. I completed my first degree may 2012 and got my associates in agriculture business, and now im going for my CPA. Hoping once im done to go into agricultural accounting. ))

Wish ya luck. I know next semester will be harder, but i took my easier classes then and my harder classes this semester... I always have the motivation, when people ask what i want to do with my life i say "Im gonna be a full time student" lolol.. I love college. and i love taking online courses. so much easier than going to school in teh classroom which i did for 3 years getting my associates. I just couldn't find the motivation to get up and go to school at 7 am.. lol. especially after a long night of partying.. haha.. so online courses are so much easier for me.

If ya need anything let me know. or even someone to talk to about doing it. I keep telling myself, it won't only better me, but also my husband and child in the long run. I feel being pregnant has motivated me even more to get ahead and stay ahead that way im not falling to far behind once baby is here. If i get ahead, then i won't be behind to far if any..

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

August 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Veteran
I am taking my pre req classes for nursing, though I am rethinking my major choice...can't decide if I still want to do nursing or not....its super frustrating....I am taking psychology this semester and possible one other class....I have the same problem though, motivation and 6 kids that I have to take care of, can make getting homework and studying done kinda difficult.
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
Expecting baby # 9
our rainbow bean!
August 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am currently in school and it is taking forever! But getting decent grades keeps me motivated. I have a few more classes and i will finally have an associates. Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!!
August 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain. I think taking online classes is a little harder to stay motivated but the convience is so great. The classes I have taken all had deadlines for coursework to be turned in and I knew if i didnt pass I couldnt get aid any more so thats what kept me motivated. Just try to give yourself a pep talk it is really hard being a mom and being pregnant and working and taking classes but I have faith in you! You can do it girl!!
fmlbulridr018 likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
gmtejese's Avatar Expecting Number 4 :)
Send a message via AIM to gmtejese Send a message via Yahoo to gmtejese
I'm in my second year of online classes (Argosy University) and I love it!

I have tried to do campus learning and it's impossible with three kids and being pregnant so I started doing it online last year when Evan was only about 7/8 months old.

I love Argosy because instead of taking 4/5 classes for 16 weeks at one time (which is normal for campus based learning) I only take ONE class at a time. The only downside is it's only 5 weeks long BUT you only have to post twice a week in order to earn the attendance requirement. I've managed to keep a 3.4 GPA and work full time with the kiddos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search