OT- Just need to vent & rant

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sgh
  • 1 Post By fmlbulridr018
  • 1 Post By mommaof5girls

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So i started back to college over the summer. I was on academic probation because 7 years ago when i was in college when i was pregnant with Zoe i honestly just didnt take it serious and I was majorly deppressed and I ended up failing all of my classes. I was awarded financial aid and all was well. The requirements to keep the aid was that I pass all of my classes and bring my GPA up. Well i took 3 classes I got 2 A's & 1 B and I was on the Honors List for summer yay right! Pfffffft I had registered for my Fall classes earlier but me being like I am and paranoid i just kept checking on my student profile and one day my aid for fall just disapeered.. So i call the college and got the run around this went on for nearly 2 weeks then finally last week the girl told me I needed to file an appeal and fax it in and the committee was meeting Thursday & Friday and they would call and let me know... I submited all that... I never heard anything back. I got a call Friday from the automated system saying if my tuition was not paid by 11pm today i would be dropped from all of my classes. I called first thing this morning and talked to admissions who really were no help. The lady said oh well you have a no drop note on your profile so they wont drop you from the classes. I was like ok but I need to know if i should proceed with my coursework and not to mention I need to get my books classes start today....... She was like well just go on to your classes someone should be calling you in a few days.... Grrrrr ***!!! Im just so annoyed and upset and stressed out. All of my classes are online and I am taking Anatomy and I simply can not get behind in that class the teacher was gracious enough to copy the first 2 chapters and email them to me which is great for that class BUT i have 4 other classes I dont have books for
Im praying they call today and tell me my aid was approved. I just feel like i am in total Limbo because if i dont start the coursework i will get behind and if i do start it then I feel it will be a waste of time... Anyway thanks for letting me vent. Id be lost with out you girls. Its so nice to have this DDC and a group to go to when you dont have friends to talk to.

August 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HOLY 5 CLASSES?!?! Aren't you ambitious! Lol! I'm only taking one, i cant imagine taking 5 right now!!! I havent taken any online yet though (they fill up so quickly at my school!) My class is only offered at the campus that is furthest away from me (of course). So i will be there on Saturdays from like, 9am-3pm and it's 45 min drive one way. Im not a very good student though, on top of things. ADHD usually gets the best of me and things fall apart but the past few semesters i have still been pulling A's and B's and one C i think. Anyways, i know how frustrating that can be, my college is pretty bad about calling people back too. I wish you the best of luck! And if you ever need a little motivation or someone to level with while taking your classes, let me know!!
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.
August 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I did not want to take a full course load BUT in order to get the financial aid i had to be considered a "Full Time" student. And in order to apply for the Nursing program I have to have the Anatomy class :/ I will def take you up on that because I get kinda worn down sometimes. Im trying to just keep the faith that its going to work out. Otherwise I am going to have to try to find another part time job or something. Because I cant afford to pay for school and that was my main goal to finish school and get a good job... I know my parents love me but jeez i need to get out on my own again...

August 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I hate Financial Aide Limbo!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

August 26th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I'm sorry really hope it all works out and it will...just kup!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

August 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been there. Unfortunately, my appeal didn't get approved in time. I decided I just couldn't deal with the stress and didn't try to enroll again. I hope things turn out differently for you. Fingers crossed!
August 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Super Mommy
That really sucks! Hopefully things work out and they call you back really soon!
August 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ughh i hear ya on Financial aid.. my parents businesss found their past accountant screwed alot of stuff up so they can't file their taxes yet so i couldn't get financial aid bc of that, so now that Travis and I are married, i am now waiting to c if im approved threw him and i.. grrr makes me mad....
I am also taking 5 courses this semester.. first 8 weeks i am taking INtermediate accounting, 2nd 8 weeks history and personal finance, then full 16 weeks of algebra and geography.. woohooo..

wish you luck and hope everything turns out good for ya

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

August 26th, 2013, 05:37 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Good luck with everything!! Kup!!

August 27th, 2013, 02:28 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I hope that you get things resolved. Nothing more frustrating then having to take classes and knowing you have no finances to pay for it yet they are not doing what is required of them to get things squared away.

What University are you doing online? I am in classes but currently took a semester off! Are you working towards an Associates, Bachelors, or Masters?
August 27th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope things work out for you soon. I am waiting also. I decided to finish up school since I lost my job. I have had to jump through hoops to get readmitted since I failed my last semester. It has been very frustrating. Finally got things worked out and now my aid was supposed to be deposited today. I called the bank no deposit and nothing pending....ugh. so I called the bursars office and the lady says it could take a couple days for my bank to pick it up. Ok so can you check and make sure mine was sent. Because at this point I am thinking some other hurdle has come up. So airways it was sent, just may take a couple days. Ok so o need this money to order my books and have l internet connected to be able to go to class, online. I did miss one class and am afraid of getting behind. Now I am going to try to email my teachers and let them know what is going on. I hate working with systems.... they are so slow. Its neat how many of us are taking classes!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

August 28th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Well after all that nonsense I found out yesterday that I didnt even have to file the appeal......... And my aid was there all along and I can go get my books and stop stressing. It was a moment of being ticked off and relieved all at the same time... But im just glad its all fixed.

I am going to Southwest Community College its nearby where I live. I am working on my basic classes right now in hopes to get accepted into the Nursing Program so i can get my RN. Job Security & great pay which means I can provide for my kids and not have to depend on anyone but myself.

Congrats to all of you guys who are also taking classes We will have to keep each other motivated! Wish you guys luck and hope we all get great grades!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search