Gender disappointment?

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sareymac
  • 2 Post By Momof2plus1
  • 1 Post By PrettyMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Veteran
I just found out a couple of days ago that baby #2 is a boy. I am completely in shock and feel like I was told I am pregnant with an alien! I already have a daughter and was hoping for another girl, even though I am happy that DH will get his boy. I just feel like I have no clue what to even do with a boy and am sad I won't get to dress him up in headbands and girly things Is anybody else having a harder time than expected with the gender of their baby?

September 5th, 2013, 05:54 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
I have a daughter already & a step-daughter...we were REALLY hoping for a boy & got our wish!

If it had been a girl, as much as I hate to admit it I would have felt some disappointment! I'm nervous to have a boy as I only know girls...both sides of our fam are pretty much all girls...but I'm excited too to have something different! & feel blessed to have 1 of each gender!

Mummy to a beautiful DD born: 11/09/09
Step-Mummy to another DD born: 10/02/03

Suffered an ectopic Oct 12

Praying for our miracle baby & 1st baby with my DF to complete our family <3

September 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you posted this. My U/S is coming up next wednesday and the closer it gets the more I am feeling that I will be totally disappointed if we are having another boy. I will of course love my new son and be happy to get him here but I only have one girl and we have a total of 4 boys and I really just don't want another boy. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high for a girl just so I won't be to shocked if it's a boy. I thought I was so horrible for thinking this but I am glad to see i'm not alone.

Last edited by PrettyMommy; September 7th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
September 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Super Mommy
I had my ultrasound today. My baby is a girl. I was convinced it was a boy. So needless to say I was disappointed. My boyfriend already has daughter and his two bothers have 4 girls between them. I'm really close with his mom and would have loved to give her a grandson since my boyfriend is the last of her children to have kids. We might just have the one baby. But even if we have another one I'm now convinced that him and his bothers can only have girls.
But I'm already getting over it. On the bright side there are way cuter outfits for girls! I'm just glad I found out now so I can get over it before the baby is born. I still love the baby even though it is a girl
September 6th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Having had 4 boys I really wanted a girl this time and last time as well. I had my 16 week scan and she said she thought baby was a girl. If I go on Monday and they say boy I don't think I will be able to hold it together! When my last son was a boy I cried all the evening of my 20 week scan because although I love my boys I've always wanted a daughter. This is absolutely our last baby so this is,my last chance to get a daughter.

[/url]
September 6th, 2013, 04:24 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
its completely normal to have gender disappointment and it's nice to have a place like this to talk to other moms who go through all the same emotions
shell1981 and FDwife153 like this.

September 6th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Super Mommy
I was the same way when I found out this was a boy it only took a few days then I was like u know what boys r fun to!!!!! Then we went yesterday for our us and I told hubby if they tell me it's a girl I'm going to be hurt I want a boy now lol
shell1981 and FDwife153 like this.

September 6th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Veteran
I'm starting to get more used to the idea as the days pass. I know without a doubt that when he is born, he is going to steal my heart. I feel horrible too being disappointed with a boy when I already have a daughter. Even though I prepared myself for having a boy, I was still surprised at the emotions I have been feeling. Thanks for all of the support, ladies!

September 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulagirl View Post
I'm starting to get more used to the idea as the days pass. I know without a doubt that when he is born, he is going to steal my heart. I feel horrible too being disappointed with a boy when I already have a daughter. Even though I prepared myself for having a boy, I was still surprised at the emotions I have been feeling. Thanks for all of the support, ladies!
I'm glad you are feeling better. I can speak from experience of having a boy and a girl that the love is just the same. Your heart won't let you be disappointed or not know what to do. It will be great!! I have a very special relationship with my son that I'm so grateful for and you will too.

September 7th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say my boys are much closer to me than with their dad. As they're getting older they seem to really appreciate what I do for them and are very loving and protective of me. My boys are such a special gift. I'm sure that I will have a different kind of relationship with my daughter. I hope that we are much closer than me and my mum are.

[/url]
September 7th, 2013, 06:28 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Im on my second boy and Im so happy about that, but Im like irrationally paranoid that its wrong and really a girl, I just cant stop worrying about it, and it's completely insane really. I was in complete shock when my first was a boy but i absolutely love it and with a little work you can dress them up like totally cute little men.

September 7th, 2013, 09:42 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
I just wanted to say my boys are much closer to me than with their dad. As they're getting older they seem to really appreciate what I do for them and are very loving and protective of me. My boys are such a special gift. I'm sure that I will have a different kind of relationship with my daughter. I hope that we are much closer than me and my mum are.
I'm finding this to be the case with my oldest. He has been staying with his dad more often and I was so crushed but when he is here he is the sweetest little boy and so helpful and protective of his mom. Anything I need he does and he never lets me go out with his siblings alone, he always comes so he can help me and make sure I'm ok. Boys are indeed very sweet with their moms. Although I have a good bond with my daughter she seems more protective of her dad. Even turns against me at times if she thinks I'm being mean to him, lol.
shell1981 likes this.

September 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I was hoping for a girl and when I was told it was a boy I wasn't disappointed. I was worried I would be.

I figure it's because this is my first pregnancy and I'm holding out hope that I'll get a girl next time. But if I get another boy after this one, it may be when the disappointment starts kicking in.

Thanks so much to bokkechick for the amazing siggy!

September 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I was, I tried to talk to a friend about it but she didn't really get it. I was so convinced I was having a girl, and I had this image in my mind of who she was already. When I found it it was a boy, I was a little sad, and mourned (YES I KNOW STRONG WORD) the loss of the girl I never had. At this point, my only shot of a little girl is adoption, and I don't know if we will. I won't be able to have more children after this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search