Weight Gain

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Super Mommy
Since hitting the 2nd half I've pregnancy, I've noticed the numbers on the scale are starting to creep up. I had an appointment when I was exactly 20 weeks, and at that appt, I had gained only 8 lbs. It's been almost 2 weeks since that appt and I've already gained almost 2 lbs. So frustrating! I know the weight seems to come on much more the 2nd half, but it's still frustrating. I'm eating pretty well and not eating a ton. In fact, I don't usually eat until I'm full because I'm trying to practice portion control and keep the weight from coming on too fast, but I know it's going to pile on anyway.

How are you ladies doing with weight? Have you noticed a difference? Are you happy with your weight gain?
September 16th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Veteran
I go back on the 30th for my next appt. At my last apt two weeks ago I still hadn't gained. According to my scale at home I still haven't. Though my belly is ever expanding lol....so I know baby boy is growing. I know it is coming though.
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
September 17th, 2013, 05:12 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I am happy. I lost 15lbs gained back 3 so far. So I am good.

September 17th, 2013, 05:18 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor told me I'm supposed to be gaining 1lb a week, so it sounds like you're on track. I don't own a scale, so I won't know how much I've gained until my next appointment.
September 17th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Super Mommy
I have gained 8 lb s far my next appointment is oct 3 so we will see then but I do weigh myself at home too.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaB View Post
I have gained 8 lb s far my next appointment is oct 3 so we will see then but I do weigh myself at home too.
This is me exactly too. 8 lbs with an appt on Oct. 3.
September 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bemommy View Post
My doctor told me I'm supposed to be gaining 1lb a week, so it sounds like you're on track. I don't own a scale, so I won't know how much I've gained until my next appointment.
I've heard about the 1 lb per week thing too although it's such a struggle for my body to keep it to that. I guess that's why I feel frustrated and it happens with every pregnancy. It's just how my body works when I'm pregnant. I don't eat dessert or sweets at all. I drink only water. I cut back on carbs and eat way less, often still feeling hungry and I still gain weight so easily. I can't imagine how much I would gain if I ate normally. I feel like I am dieting and it's just really hard. I guess I just needed to whine.
September 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
I'm at 5 lbs so far I'm ok with that!

September 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Super Mommy
My doctor gave me a goal of 30 pounds and I'm at about 16 now so I'm okay so far. I dropped 5 pounds the last month of pregnancy with my son though.
September 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im up from 11 lbs... ahhhhhh doc told me I need to slow down on the snacks and watch what I eat bc I gained 10lbs in 4 weeks......

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

September 17th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost 8 lbs in the first tri, now im about 2 lbs above my pre-preg weight. I would like to keep the weight down and i eat pretty healthy but if my body gains weight regardless, so be it. I work out 3x a week as well, so again, if it happens, it happens.
September 17th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
At my last appointment four weeks ago I had only gained like 2lbs. But my belly is finely starting to show so I'm kinda nervous to see how much I have gained. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. So we shall see
September 17th, 2013, 03:51 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only gained a 1/2lb
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
September 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
AmandaOhio's Avatar Mommie 2x
I am 23 weeks pregnant and I started with this pregnancy at 113lbs and I am now at 147lbs! I am naturally thin, but when I am prego I gain so fast! When I was pregnant with my daughter I started at 126lbs and got to 170lbs got down to 113lbs in no time and now I am heading back in the same direction!
September 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaOhio View Post
I am 23 weeks pregnant and I started with this pregnancy at 113lbs and I am now at 147lbs! I am naturally thin, but when I am prego I gain so fast! When I was pregnant with my daughter I started at 126lbs and got to 170lbs got down to 113lbs in no time and now I am heading back in the same direction!
This sounds like me too! I'm 119 lbs. normally and can eat pretty much what I want. When I'm pregnant though, I gain weight so easily. Then I get yelled at constantly by the doctors and nurses. It just stresses me out so much because I cannot keep the weight from piling on.
fmlbulridr018 likes this.
September 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Julie321's Avatar Super Mommy
I've made peace with weight gain and stopped worrying about the scale. My OB hasn't said a word about my weight.

A couple months ago I was eating a TON and not gaining ANYTHING, and now that I can't eat much I'm suddenly gaining weight? Makes me realize that my body is going to gain what it needs to gain. I just make sure I'm taking in the right amounts of different foods.

I'm up 14lbs so far. Or last time I checked anyway. I'll prob lose a few with my crazy work schedule over the next couple weeks.

Thanks so much to bokkechick for the amazing siggy!

September 17th, 2013, 11:14 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have gained a total of 20 lbs so far and my doc said slow down. I am not happy at all with my weight gain. I gained 10 of those lbs in 4 weeks. Now I have an appt this Thursday so I'll see what their scale says but according to mine this morning I am up 5 lbs from my last visit which is a little over a pound a week. If I keep this up I am sure to be 200 lbs when delivery date gets here. Not ideal for my 5'5 frame. But I have to keep in perspective I was already about 15 lbs over weight when I got pregnant. Just praying my weight gain slows down. I am having serious water retention and swelling also though. Hoping some of this weight is due to that. Working on drinking more water and lowering my sodium to help this swelling.

September 18th, 2013, 06:12 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, the way I figure it's a pound a week average (40 lbs total). I lost 5 lbs in the first trimester, so I was only up 3 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight at my last appointment. I gained all of that 8 lbs in a 2 week period, but it's ok. I have some catching up to do. Now I have 32 lbs to gain over the next 20 weeks. If I gain more, I'm not going to sweat it. I'm certainly not going to starve myself. This pregnancy business is hard work and I'm going to eat what I want. Scales be d@mned!
mommaof5girls likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was down 20 lbs, my last appointment I had gained back 5
I think I have gained at least another 5 lbs because I'm starving and want to eat constantly now that I'm feeling better. My next appointment is the 26th.
I have just decided I don't care, and besides my appointments Im not weighing myself. I don't over eat, so my body will gain what it will. I would expect to gain a little more anyways because I really can't be very active, way too
painful and I get way too many cramps

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

September 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Super Mommy
Got back from my doctors appointment. I'm up three pounds. So in total I've gained five pounds this pregnancy. When I'm not pregnant I eat whatever I want and never gain a thing. So I guess I'm slow to gain during pregnancy too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search