Please help!!!

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By twinkle23
  • 1 Post By mommaof5girls
  • 1 Post By AmandaOhio

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
AmandaOhio's Avatar Mommie 2x
Okay ladies I am getting so frustrated with myself feel like I am failing.. My daughter will be 11months on the 26th and she is eating foods pretty well and she still having her formula, now my problem starts here.. First - I am having a rough time trying to figure out what to make her for dinner I mean I make some pasta grilled cheese, tatar tots mac n cheese, give her some fruit, but she will NOT eat her peas or green beans.. Now I feel like this is all I know to make her.. What do you make your kids for dinner? Second- She goes to bed anyway from 8-9pm and I usually give her a bottle at bedtime because I feed her like 2 hours before she goes to bed of like dinner, but I feel like she doesnt eat enough or something and is hungry before she goes to bed, but I don't want her to be in the habit of having a sippy cup later on during bedtime especially once we start potty training down the road. Third - While giving her bottle during bedtime makes me unable to get into a routine of brushing her teeth before she goes to bed because she falls asleep and I don't wanna wake her to brush her teeth.. I feel like my problem is I don't know what to feed her EVERY night for dinner then we get stuck on just giving bottles at night before bed I am just frustrated with myself and need to know what anyone suggest for entrees for kids this age so I can feed her dinner like an hour before bed so I can brush her teeth and she doesn't have to go to bed with a bottle because I feel like she didn't eat enough of her meal. I just feel like feeding her a meal an hour before bed is too late, but I don't know. Also, she doesn't HAVE to have a bottle during bed and I mean she doesn't fuss or cry for one I give it to her because I feel like she hasn't eaten enough. I have been so emotional about this evening and feel like I am failing and it all because I don't know what the hell to make my kid for dinner to make sure she is satisfied! Hope that makes sense and I am sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance.
September 17th, 2013, 05:57 PM
twinkle23's Avatar Super Mommy
Honestly? I make my kids what they will eat. I ensure they have multi vitamins that contain fish oil. But besides that we just try and get them fed!
One day they will love carrots the next week hate them.

They grow out of it .
PrettyMommy likes this.

September 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
I messed up with Shawn doing it that way steph just ate what we ate Shawn I became a short order cook and still have issues with him he won't eat any veggies no corn carrots peas beans potatoes nothing he's now 10 with Ava I did I eat what I make or go hungry cause dr said she will cave b4 she starves and sure enough she did! Just make sure u offer it to her and she will eat it! As far as bottle can't help much there keep ur head up motherhood is not the same for everyone u will make mistakes but like everything else in life u learn from them keep ur head up ur an amazing mom!!!!

September 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
twinkle23's Avatar Super Mommy
One thing I do try and do which yours might be a bit too young for is having them involved in meal planning. So they can tell me what they will eat. I'm not into the while eat what's on your plate or don't eat concept.

Sorry momof2 I didn't see your comment when I posted again, my comment wasn't directed at you x

September 17th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kids have minds of their own. Our DD is 16 mo and there are days when she doesn't want anything but dices tomatoes and cheese. We offer her what ever we eat. She picks and chooses from that. She doesn't like most meats but will eat veggies. My biggest concern with her is that she still wont take a sippy. She has used Playtex dropins and is spoiled by being able to hold the bottom and thus doesn't know how to tip up a sippy to get anything out. She also nursed and weaned herself after I was preggo and my milk started changing. We couldn't get her to drink whole milk so now all she will drink is chocolate milk bec it is sweet like breastmilk. So we have the same brushing problem bec she wakes 2-3 times in the night wanting her bottle... as she is used to nursing throughout the night.

Every child is different and as a mother you make the decisions you think are best at the time. Don't second guess yourself in your ability to parent. Children wont normally over eat at that age so if she is done she probably is full. Our DD eats randomly throughout the day. As far as suggestions for meals... I am vegetarian so we use beans for tacos, PB&J is quick and easy, broccoli and cheese soup, pizza, spaghetti, hamburger helper mixes, chicken nuggets..... just trying to think of some things my girls like to eat. Hope this helps. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Parenting can be difficult take it one day at a time.
PrettyMommy likes this.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

September 17th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Super Mommy
I have had some of these same issues hon...try not to worry.

With my DD who is now 14, all she wanted was chocolate milk....pedi told me to let her have it as long as she was taking in milk. As long as she saw me put it in she was happy, didn't matter how much.

DS who is now 11 was obsessed with apple juice once we stopped nursing, and I swear all he would eat for about a year was those kid cuisine frozen dinners. lol

My youngest son who is now 4 is still attached very much to his sippy cup. he thinks he has to have one a bedtime with milk in it...his favorite thing. I am working on transistioning him to water, which isn't always easy. But it is working. He also has days where he will eat everything and days where he won't eat anything. I remember asking his pedi once about his eating, because at a year old he could eat almost as much as me lol...she said let him eat until he stops opening his mouth for the spoon. That he would eat when he was hungry and wouldn't when he wasn't. I would make him and still do any kind of pasta dishes, fruits, yogurt, he loves burritos, he also LOVED those gerber graduate pasta pick ups...the little ravioli ones cuz he could feed himself.
&
Our Angel Baby
Gryffin Boyd
Born Sleeping December 26, 2013
Expecting baby # 9
our rainbow bean!
September 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I give my kids what they will eat also. All my kids like green beans so you know what? We eat green beans often lol. Only one eats peas' and no one will eat broccoli so I don't try and make them. One of my sons won't eat pasta and they are all just so different. I try to make the meals as balanced as possible but my philosophy is if if it's home made and they get some kind of veggie or fruit then it's fine. My dd eats salad like crazy, not my boys. I just don't sweat it. I don;t feed them sweets all day and they drink water so if there is times when they don't eat dinner so good, oh well. They are all healthy according to the doc and no one has cavities. When they were 11 months I didn't stress brushing their teeth before bed because they nursed at night still anyway. I started more regularly after they were weaned. I would brush in the morning but not at night. Sounds like your doing fine. Just give her what she will eat. Not all kids like everything and if you find something she will eat and its good for her then run with it. Don't stress it so much, kids are picky eaters. Heck adults are too for that matter. Right now my youngest is a Ramen noodle freak. I let him have it a couple times a week then I find something else he likes and switch him up. As she gets older you will learn more and more what will and won't work for her. My dd eats freakin ranch dressing with almost EVERYTHING. She had it tonight with her cornbread lol. I just give it to her and move on. She will only eat her green beans with ranch. If thats the way to get her to eat them then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle23 View Post
One thing I do try and do which yours might be a bit too young for is having them involved in meal planning. So they can tell me what they will eat. I'm not into the while eat what's on your plate or don't eat concept.

Sorry momof2 I didn't see your comment when I posted again, my comment wasn't directed at you x
I do this too. We ask the kids what they might like. I don't believe in making them eat whatever I make. I mean I don't like every food so I can't expect them to like it just cause I made it. They are just little people in the making and have stuff they do and don't like also. My oldest and my dd hate tomatoes. I omit them from salad for them when I make their plate. I guess I feel i'm raising individuals, not robots.

September 18th, 2013, 04:23 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yea Gary goes through phases where he will only eat certain things. He ate oatmeal A LOT up until recently now he eats most everything, but that can and probably will change next month.

September 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have quite set meals each week. We have spaghetti Bolognese, cottage pie, lamp steaks with potatoes and vegetables, cauliflower cheese bake and garlic bread. My youngest 2 don't eat it so they get sausage and mashed potatoes, a roast dinner, either chicken or pork with potatoes and vegetables and Mac and cheese. My youngest is 2 he still has a bottle before bed. I think you are doing fine. 1 year olds only have very small stomachs, try not to worry. Maybe give a yoghurt and some chopped fruit for after dinner as a dessert.

[/url]
September 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM
AmandaOhio's Avatar Mommie 2x
Thanks ladies for all the kind words and suggestions I am feeling a lot better about the whole thing.. I gave her some green beans yesterday with a little ranch dipped on them and she ate them! So I am super happy about that just a few other things to get in order I guess Thanks for all the comments you guys are great!
sareymac likes this.
September 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I usually have free choice for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner, Will has always had we had (With a few exceptions) At this age, they can have solids, but still should mostly depend on formula. So let her try what you have, and soon she will eat it!

Closed for pts (9/24/13)

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Last edited by Orangebrittainy; September 24th, 2013 at 05:42 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search