New to this forum; Intro

Forum: January 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mrsmutsch
  • 1 Post By FDwife&mama
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hi Ladies,

I would like to introduce myself and get acquainted on here. A little background about me...
I am 24 weeks pregnant, due Jan 6. We're having a little boy and we've decided to name him Owen Gabriel. DH and I have also decided to give cloth diapers a try and I want to EBF for the first 6 months at least! This is my second pregnancy but the first ended in miscarriage early in the first trimester. I am very excited about being a mom and am looking forward to getting to know you.

More background about why I have such a late intro...
I have been somewhat active on the bump since I became pregnant. I had found the community somewhat useful, and I like the set up of the site and I had such a cool siggy and all that good stuff. I also liked the information available on the bump's website.

But the women on the bump (most of them) are B!TCheS! My goodness, I feel like you can't post an innocent question without being berated... and then rather than coming to your rescue, the rest of the ladies side with the bully. I would cringe when it would happen to other women and it has happened to me several times. I just don't get it. So.. I'm really hoping that women here are nicer. Granted, I don't feel like I need a lot of coddling or anything, but I just want to feel free to speak my mind, ask questions, and feel that those are welcome and that I'm not going to be mocked for it. Anyone else ever go to TB and experience what I'm talking about? Either way, I'm sorry for such a late intro and I'm hoping that switching boards will be beneficial for the last half of my pregnancy
MommytoZoeAlyssa and sgh like this.

Last edited by mrsmutsch; September 18th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
September 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM
FDwife&mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to FDwife&mama
first off, congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to the group. i think you'll find it alot happier here. all the girls here are so respectful of each other and sure, i have seen some drama (in other due date groups) but ours has been great!

a little about me: i will be 22 weeks tomorrow. we are also having a little boy and are naming him kyle landon (due jan. 23). this is my 2nd pregnancy as well, but first baby. the first one ended due to a blighted ovum (sac with no baby inside). i work full time with a financial firm, and create artwork on the side for extra cash. my hubby is a firefighter/paramedic. we have been married for 3 years, but have known each other for 12. last but not least, we have one furbaby, baxter, who is an adorable cocker spaniel.

again, welcome to the group and i look forward to getting to know you!
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.
September 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board I agree our DDC is pretty awesome and all the ladies are really supportive and helpful! Look forward to getting to know you congrats on the little boy I love the name!!

September 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board and congrats on the little boy. Im sorry you had such a bad experience on another site. Everyone here has been super helpful and supportive.. No problems..

This is also my first child, little girl named Alaina Rae due Jan 22 (but due to csection im sure she will come earlier)

Excited to have you aboard and get to know you.

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

September 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Ladies here are great! I actually switched DDC's because the other one was like that. One person had a loss and after that they assumed every question or comment was intended to belittle the loss, when they were actually legitiment questions and concerns. I also felt like I couldn't post without being jumped on. I didn't like the drama.

So anyway I will be 25 weeks tomorrow. We are having another lil girl. We were freaking out for a lil while bec we wernt going to have anymore children. I have three girls from a previous relationship and SO and I have one. Before our DD we had a 9.5 week MC of twins.

I think you will like it here!

We cloth diaper and love it! I am now thinking how much we are going to save having two in diapers, lol!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Last edited by mommaof5girls; September 18th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
September 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

September 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! Yes, i used to go on the What to Expect forums too and they are just as bad there. Here is a much closer, calmer community! We are very supportive of each other and have some wonderful ladies here! We have discussed hot topics but never have i witnessed any discussion or debate get out of hand as it has on some of those more popular app/websites. I hope you feel at home here and its great to have another addition!! Again, welcome!!
September 20th, 2013, 05:32 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Ohhh yea this one is wayyyy nicer than some other places! I very much enjoy it here the girls so respectful. EVERYONE is different and I am sooo happy to be part of a group that accepts that!!
FDwife&mama likes this.

September 20th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome to our group I am 22 weeks 2nd pregnancy first baby first ended in an early miscarriage. I have not posted on the bump but have read the posts a little and I agree with you it's pretty brutal there. Here we are a great group if I do say so we all get along and it is a super welcoming place to be. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Last edited by WannaB; September 20th, 2013 at 06:14 AM.
September 20th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Veteran
Congrats and welcome!! As the other ladies said.. this is a really great group, I hope you like it here

September 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
and

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

September 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
& I am currently pregnant with my 4th. I cloth diaper and EBF so if you have any questions I'd be glad to help
September 24th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Closed for pts (9/24/13)

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search